Grayson72

please add the southern cross

1/72 ajac's

1/48 tread

1/72 hover tank

1/72 VEF-1R

383613[/snapback]

Dude,

You are aware that the "Southern Cross" is in no way associated with Macross, right? :blink:

Edited by Zinjo

I pretty much raided http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross.htm for ideas...more of a dream wish list really

As noted earlier, completion of projects is pretty far between.  I would definitely sign up for the following macross mecha as soon as a project got under way: (No particular order)

1/72 MiM-31 Karyovin  (UF-14 Going off of Robotech RPG Books)

1/72 Comanchero

1/72 Sea Sergeant (with exploding option :p)

1/72 Lancer II recast/remaster

1/72 Fan Liner recast/remaster

1/72 Cat's Eye recast/remaster

1/1000 ARMD

1/20000 Picket ship (Small Yes, but matches the other scaled Zen ships)

small scale 1/400 Zentraedi Re-Entry Pod (scale may still be a bit big)

small scale 1/400 Zentraedi recovery vehicle (has to have closable claws to grasp a Cat's Eye ;))

1/72 Grand Cannon Facility

Other Macross items...

1/72 SV-51 Battroid (unless there is a Hasegawa on the way...)

Any scale VF-9 Fighter and battroid

Any scale VF-3000 Fighter and battroid

Any scale VF-14 Fighter and battroid

Any scale Octos

Any scale Cheyenne

Any scale Stampede

Any scale Star Crusader

Any Scale VF-XX

Any Scale Macross II Destroids

Closely related to Macross I think...

The destroids(including zentraedi pods) from the Sentinels RPG Book

The Inorganics from the Sentinels

Regeant in power armor from the sentinels

Robotech models...

1/72 Logan Guardian/Fighter

1/72 AJACS Battroid / Fighter

1/72 VHT Transport mode

1/72 VHT Battroid (So I can dump my clunky toy version)

1/72 VHT Guardian (ditto)

1/72 Southern cross security robot that Dana knocks over

1/12 Dana in Nurse Dress

1/12 Regis Model

1/1 Galant

Pfft SAR, get with the program, 1/72 is a modeler's scale... for real men. Not pansy men with their little minatures they push across a board.  :rolleyes:

Space Marines! Attack!

383753[/snapback]

Thanks for doing some research for me, how could I forget the Comanchero, my favorite chopper of all time.

Man, lots of ideas being thrown around... I suppose at some point, we should turn this into a poll, and maybe see what the top 5 most wanted models are. Or something like that.

Anyway, all this has got me curious. I posted progress on a scratchbuild I've been working on in the 'what's on your bench?' thread a week or so ago, and it seems to have recieved little attention. And no one's mentioned it here (yet).

So I'm wondering... How many of you would be interested in a VF-1SR Attack Valkyrie (from Macross 2036) conversion kit for the Hasegawa fighter and battroid VF-1 kits?

It's still a long way off... but I'm wondering if this project would be worthwhile, or if I should pick another project from the list :p

post-50-1143244542_thumb.jpg

post-50-1143244581_thumb.jpg

Count on me for the most of this items... but remember than many of us can't waste so much money in our hobbies.

383677[/snapback]

W... waste? I don't understand! ;-)

383713[/snapback]

Sorry... "waste" is not the correct verb... I mean "spend" money :unsure:

Sorry again, remember than English is not my native language... :unsure:

Awesome point Valkyrie...I had forgotten about the goofy Macross 2036 designs....

not to open up a can of worms... but what modeler ever modeled in 1/60th scale? I can honestly say that I think an odd scale would be a big mistake.

I think if marketed to the right guys, this wouldn't be so much of an issue.... I know that there are alot of CBTers that have the Armorcast mechs and use repainted 1/55 bootlegs for large scale CBT gamming, and some more mechs would be AWESOME. And I must admit, while I can understand the disdain between modelers and toy people, but I fail to see the disdain between modelers and miniature gamer/modelers. I happen to be both, and the distinction between the two hobbies really isn't that great... you just end up with a smaller end product... it's not like alot of the same techniques and principles don't apply to both.

Valkyrie, I saw your post in the workbench thread, but wasn't sure what it was. I would be interested if the kit was reasonably priced. Are you going to modify the head, arms and gunpod too?

Someone put this on the list! Or, maybe it's not eligible since it is already in progress.

Prometheum,

I think it is just good natured "friendly" kidding around people do when comparing/complaining about toys vs models. I like both, but I do respect and admire the artistic skills people use to build and finish models or customize toys.

Besides, everyone on these boards would qualify as Geeky in one way or another. We do obsess over a 20+ year old Japanese cartoon! :rolleyes:

Valkyrie, I saw your post in the workbench thread, but wasn't sure what it was. I would be interested if the kit was reasonably priced. Are you going to modify the head, arms and gunpod too?

Someone put this on the list! Or, maybe it's not eligible since it is already in progress.

383877[/snapback]

Same here, didn't know what it was but I'd buy one.

Ok, my list.

VFS-2 Star Child

VF-T-11

VA-X-3

VF-X-7 Ghost

AF-49 Silver Axe

BG-5C Fatman

LV-7 Valorious Rapier "Excalibur"

Neo Glaug

Ghost X-9

VC-33 Mom's Kitchen

SC-27 Star Goose

FL-200 Mistral

Comanchero

Avenger II

VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare Valkyrie

OCTOS

I too hit MAHQ for ideas.

SNIP

So I'm wondering... How many of you would be interested in a VF-1SR Attack Valkyrie (from Macross 2036) conversion kit for the Hasegawa fighter and battroid VF-1 kits?

It's still a long way off... but I'm wondering if this project would be worthwhile, or if I should pick another project from the list  :p

383822[/snapback]

Yup, definitely finish this, I'll need 2.

383877[/snapback]

Yes, it'll be getting a new head, of course. The gunpod too (the battroid gunpod is in the progress pic, but it has a long way to go). I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with the arms yet tho...

Valkyrie I like what im seeing of your build.

Most of the ones I want are already posted as ideas. I`d love a good scale SDF1 eaither T.V or DYRL. Some of the various support vehicals would be nice too.

I would love to see an armored VF0 and VF1 I know that Arii did one for the VF-1 but Its not as detailed as the Hasegawa stuff. I still love mine though. There just needs to be a VF0 one just for completeness, eaither in both cases a conversion kit for the Hase Battroid or a resin one will do.

Completly offball, how about a scale of the crashhelmet or what ever you flyboys call them that the VF pilots wear.

A smaller scale one or a life scale I dont care. maybe someone could do a kit that allows you to bash one using a motorbike helmet, obviously a certian model would have to be used :)

I have for some time not understood the whole toy Vs model thing ( I do both ).

My toys are just models to me (just not as well made or detailed ones). Im 33 years old I certainly do not run round the house going woooosh with my VF-1 Hikaru and Roy. They are art and should be displayed and looked at IMO.

For some time now I have wanted a 1/72 Vf-17 fighter to go with my VF-17 Battroids

I`d love to have a Gerwalk too as they would complement my VF1 collection, I have been buying up Wave 1/72 scale Vf-17 to help with this. In the summer as soon as I finish my current project I intend to do a half kitbash half scratch biuld to realise this dream.

Edited by big F

Yeah, the crash helmet! They sell little NASCAR driver’s helmets in the states with candy in them. That’s an idea. Maybe little MinMay doll candies inside :p . Someone did a helmet on the back of the Macross Hobby Handbook 1. I’ve always thought that would be cool.

If someone made the cola vending machine, would it be complete with bratty kid? :lol:

Yeah, the crash helmet!  They sell little NASCAR driver’s helmets in the states with candy in them.  That’s an idea.  Maybe little MinMay doll candies inside :p .  Someone did a helmet on the back of the Macross Hobby Handbook 1.  I’ve always thought that would be cool.

If someone made the cola vending machine, would it be complete with bratty kid? :lol:

384175[/snapback]

I always had a little diorama in mind with the cola vending machine, Minmay arguing with the annoying little kid and Hikaru and Roy leaning against a wall watching the scene - maybe combined with a VF-1D to have a little more substance in 1/72 scale. But wait - it has to be AFTER the cola machine went over to the guys- Roy looks cooler with the can in his hand! ;) somehow it reminds me of a guy I once knew - we used to deliver radioactive stuff with a van and when we had a break he used to buy a can of coke then put some Vodka into it - then he went on with the driving.....

Yeah, the crash helmet!  They sell little NASCAR driver’s helmets in the states with candy in them.  That’s an idea.  Maybe little MinMay doll candies inside :p .  Someone did a helmet on the back of the Macross Hobby Handbook 1.  I’ve always thought that would be cool.

384175[/snapback]

I always had a little diorama in mind with the cola vending machine, Minmay arguing with the annoying little kid and Hikaru and Roy leaning against a wall watching the scene - maybe combined with a VF-1D to have a little more substance in 1/72 scale. But wait - it has to be AFTER the cola machine went over to the guys- Roy looks cooler with the can in his hand! ;) somehow it reminds me of a guy I once knew - we used to deliver radioactive stuff with a van and when we had a break he used to buy a can of coke then put some Vodka into it - then he went on with the driving.....

384453[/snapback]

Do you think you could sculpt little tiny people and make them be recognizable?

384175[/snapback]

384453[/snapback]

Do you think you could sculpt little tiny people and make them be recognizable?

384592[/snapback]

Honestly, I don´t know... I´m pretty good at sculpting things and I have done some portrait paintings, but if I manage a real likeliness in this scale (or any other scale)? I doubt it but I will definitely try. Once I´m done with the Ghost (It´s all rubber blocks surrounded by LEGO walls at the moment :D ) I will take a few days to try - shouldn´t take too long to find out!

Edited by honneamise

Preiser of Germany have a set of generic 1/72 figures - generic meaning you can interchange bodies, heads, arms and legs as you like and the guys and girls are completely naked B)) First you build the figure in the desired pose, then you sculpt the clothes.... seems an easy starting point although I see some pitfalls such as the need to insert slices of plastic to stretch a figure to Roy´s length and altering the faces to make them look less real-life and more Mikimoto-ish. Should be fun! :D

Yeah, I recently asked about good figures for dioramas etc, and I was recomended to check out Preiser. Looks pretty good stuff to me indeed. :)

As a semi-off topic, I think using human figures and stuff with mechas would definitely show the size of those machines.

Yeah, I recently asked about good figures for dioramas etc, and I was recomended to check out Preiser. Looks pretty good stuff to me indeed. :)

As a semi-off topic, I think using human figures and stuff with mechas would definitely show the size of those machines.

384945[/snapback]

You´re right about that, a lonely robot on a shelf won´t show its size to the uninitiated - a diorama with people and maybe some vehicles can make it much more impressive.

Preiser are doing fantastic stuff, they offer military buildings such as hangars, garages, barracks and everything, even training ground obstacles - the only thing that sucks big time is that they are all in 1/87 scale (railroad HO) - too big for 1/100 and too small for 1/72.

HO scale buildings usually look ok with 1/72 stuff. Have you seen some of the military stuff from Faller? Nice!

Do you have a good link to any Preiser military buildings?

Edited by Grayson72

No, Preiser has 1/72 figures, and many other scales too. I recommend Googling!!!

Check out these for example, I've also seen 1/72 military figures. Even 1/220 figures which would go with certain mechas in the same scale. 1/144 seems to be the problem point.

http://www.reynaulds.com/preiser/p_1-72_fi...=lngNumericSort

Ah, check out these on the same site, they actually have even those 1/144 ones!!!

http://www.reynaulds.com/preiser/preiser.html

Edited by Sdf-1

Guess who makes 1/200 figures? Preiser. They are greatly detailed even for that size. I have some. The HO ones have to be that much better! I highly reccomend their stuff. - MT

Can anybody tell how tall are, let's say 1/72 and 1/200 figures, in millimetres?

385088[/snapback]

The 1/72 Hasegawa flight crew figures I have run around 25 mm tall (hence the reason 1/72 is called 25mm scale in miniature gaming). I've never seen a 1/200 figure, but doing the math you're looking at 9-10 mm.

Can anybody tell how tall are, let's say 1/72 and 1/200 figures, in millimetres?

385088[/snapback]

As Penguin said, 9mm; I believe that the 'average human' is usually taken to be 180cm tall (~5'11", IIRC) so to get a given scale's figure height in millimetres you can just multiply 1800 by the scale's fraction - or rather, divide by the scale's ratio, i.e.:

1800/72 = 25 (25mm in 1/72nd)

1800/144 = 12.5 (12.5/13mm in 1/144th)

and so on.