Japanese Engrish

areaseven

I am begining to think that most of this crap is just made up. Japanese people may have a language thats tough to translate at times, but they aren't drooling retards.

I am begining to think that most of this crap is just made up.  Japanese people may have a language thats tough to translate at times, but they aren't drooling retards.

319951[/snapback]

Sorry, Agent One - although some of this is probably made up, I really can testify that you see stuff like this every day in Japan. In fact, I'm currently looking at a Microman Acroyear box that reads "We entrust him to the care of thoes who have a child's heart... "

and times I've been over to asia, especially when I was in Shanghai, its so common you stop noticing it. I remember one billboard for a software company that had some engrish describing how "Your Dolphin Future Make Charge" etc.

Plus, if I had a dollar for every time I've seen an asian teen wearing a t-shirt with the word "F_CK" on the front in huge letters, I could retire. :D

Oh one more: I bought this t-shirt for my wife in thailand. It reads in capital letters:

YOU, MSLEE YOU

YOU.HOW MUCH UN

that's exactly how it looks on the shirt. :huh:

A Japanese friend from Tokyo once told me, there are English sign all over Tokyo but most people can't understand and they didn't care, it was cool because there western. <_< But it was a long time ago, hopefully its different now.

Edited by Vince

• 2 weeks later...
A Japanese friend from Tokyo once told me, there are English sign all over Tokyo but most people can't understand and they didn't care, it was cool because there western.  <_< But it was a long time ago, hopefully its different now.

320184[/snapback]

I have a feeling its still the same way.

This is real. :lol:

post-1245-1124991026_thumb.jpg

I didn't dare eat it either! :lol:

I hope it wasn't in the luggage we had to send to ourselves by mail... :unsure:

edit: learning to post pics and not just thumbnails (I can't figure out how to post a full sized image anymore. I give up.)

Edited by Sumdumgai

not only do they sell engrish shirts all over japan that make no sense...( people buy this stuff because its in english they have no idea what it means )

but i actually purchased some and brought some home and wear em , i should scan some for everyone

oh and japanese come through teh airport everyday the funniest was a cute woman who was wearing a shirt that didnt appear to reflect her at all ...of course looks can be decieving so i asked her in japanese if she knew what it meant

she just giggled and said she didnt know and was giggling with her friends because she was suprised anyone even took notice of the shirt ( and i guess suprised i spoke japanese )

the shirt read "stop staring at my tits you wanker"

bar-sushi-men.jpg

(When replying to this quote, remove all tags before posting.)

323039[/snapback]

That one's funny, but I think they can be partially let off the hook--"men" means "noodle" in Japanes--what's so funny? :D:lol:

edit: learning to post pics and not just thumbnails (I can't figure out how to post a full sized image anymore.  I give up.)

323062[/snapback]

I swear I've seen that in a store in Vancouver, maybe its just some odd thing that looked like that.

edit: learning to post pics and not just thumbnails (I can't figure out how to post a full sized image anymore.  I give up.)

323062[/snapback]

One advice.... don't visit Amsterdam during the Gayparade. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Translators note that even words borrowed from English have different meanings in Japanese. "Feminist" refers to a chivalrous gentleman in Japan, Nadelman noted, and "smart" means stylish, not intelligent.

Add this to the obvious lack of some western consonants and odds kanji compounds and all the signs here become really believable.

FV

http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/poop-collection.jpg

(When replying to this quote, remove all tags before posting. So whoever "quotes" this image is a wanker.)

328703[/snapback]

Does quoting the address make me a wanker?

Anyway: "We have Classic Poop, New Poop, Cherry Poop and Salty Lemonade."

"Give me a large Classic Poop!"