Japanese Engrish

areaseven

Check this out. This is an official envelope I received a couple of months ago from Kyoto University, apparently the 20th best ranking university in the world, and second best in Japan (after Tokyo).

I took it with my phone, so if it's too small to see, it reads, "GURADUATE SCHOOL OF LETTERS".

I gave them a piece of my mind about that one. They still didn't seem to give a crap, though.

post-26-1115815314.jpg

Edited by Renato

CDCover.jpg

He's not that bad... No, really, he's not...

He's not that bad... No, really, he's not...

Tell that to the publisher of the CD. It's probably a karaoke disc, but it's still inexcusable.

"Rayra, got me on my knees,

Rayra, beggin' dahring prease,

Rayra..."

Now I've got images of inebriated sararymen singing that at the top of their lungs... :ph34r:

with-spare-parts.jpg

"OK, I'll start off with the dumpling with the ovary and digestive tract of a crab. For the main course, I'll take the deep-fried and looks like squirrel along with the fried cauliflower and spare parts, and an opium danish for desert."

"And for your drink, Sir?"

"A large Schovit. No, check that, I'll take a grain alcohol and syrup of Ipecac cocktail -- AFTER the meal!"

Edited by Pat Payne

"OK, I'll start off with the dumpling with the ovary and digestive tract of a crab. For the main course, I'll take the deep-fried and looks like squirrel along with the fried cauliflower and spare parts, and an opium danish for desert."

"A large Schovit. No, check that, I'll take a grain alcohol and syrup of Ipecac cocktail -- AFTER the meal!"

"Would you also care for some Kirin WO Salty Cat or Monkey Fizz?" :lol:

"Would you also care for some Kirin WO Salty Cat or Monkey Fizz?" :lol:

I believe I'll have the monkey fizz good sir.