Japanese Engrish

areaseven

Jay leno has something like this when he shows the 99 cent bit. weekor two ago this one was bit insane. he pulled out a pair gloves called hand job, better than nothing. wished I saved a picture so I can post.

Edited by Zentrandude

dr-bang.jpg

Dr Bang, huh? Must be a sex therapist.

Heh. The best part is that it's actually the correct romanization of the Chinese name. So technically it's not engrish...

But, to compensate, the box on the right reads "Dr. Bang's Gift" :blink::blink:

(and the words on the blue portion of the box on the right reads "Antiseptic". Man, taken out of context, this is a winner. :) )

dr-bang.jpg

Dr Bang, huh? Must be a sex therapist.

Heh. The best part is that it's actually the correct romanization of the Chinese name. So technically it's not engrish...

But, to compensate, the box on the right reads "Dr. Bang's Gift" :blink::blink:

(and the words on the blue portion of the box on the right reads "Antiseptic". Man, taken out of context, this is a winner. :) )

heh dr. bang hygene products for all the players. Must have if you live in the valley and need to keep clean.

From Hobbly Link Japan, or to be honest from Modelkasten:

12.jpg

Mercenaly

Scott wrote this under the comments of the decals:

"Mercenaly." How cute. You'd think they could at least call me (since I write for them!) to check the spelling on their boxes before they go to the printer with them... Anyhow, a fine set of decals for livening up your Ma.K items!

Edited by Gerwalker

Jay leno has something like this when he shows the 99 cent bit. weekor two ago this one was bit insane. he pulled out a pair gloves called hand job, better than nothing. wished I saved a picture so I can post.

The coffee shop I go to has a pair of those and a pair called ManHandlers. :lol: If I remember I"ll take a pic sometime.

And now for the hentai portion of our competition: from Anime on DVD.com (not known for illiteracy, so I'm secure in the belief that they transcribed this faithfully) this back-of-the-box blurb from a hentai DVD -- and bear in mind, this is a region one (US/Canada) disc :rolleyes: :

Due to father’s death, Xian was called back to castle. Being the chairman of the greatest conglomerate in Japan, father has made Xian as his heir. Just for some reason he became to dislike his own father, and left for starting his owe career.

“Forbidden Past” is the only thing going to happen in Japen.

Felttotally out of interest toward the heritage. One unexpected incident occurred in the castles that night.

Who was the murder and what for? The horror is coming...

If anyone can make sense of that, please let me know... I'm sure that many more things than "Forbidden Past" happen in Japan every day. :D

[me] Who was the murder? What for?

[God] It was probably something you did.

[Apathulu] Meh.

[Evil Ninja] You want the answer? *ziiiip*

(apologies to the webmaster of masterninja.com)

Anyway, here's the AoD link: http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/4243.php

Edited by Pat Payne

And now for the hentai portion of our competition: from Anime on DVD.com (not known for illiteracy, so I'm secure in the belief that they transcribed this faithfully) this back-of-the-box blurb from a hentai DVD -- and bear in mind, this is a region one (US/Canada) disc :rolleyes: :
Due to father’s death, Xian was called back to castle. Being the chairman of the greatest conglomerate in Japan, father has made Xian as his heir. Just for some reason he became to dislike his own father, and left for starting his owe career.

“Forbidden Past” is the only thing going to happen in Japen.

Felttotally out of interest toward the heritage. One unexpected incident occurred in the castles that night.

Who was the murder and what for? The horror is coming...

If anyone can make sense of that, please let me know... I'm sure that many more things than "Forbidden Past" happen in Japan every day. :D

[me] Who was the murder? What for?

[God] It was probably something you did.

[Apathulu] Meh.

[Evil Ninja] You want the answer? *ziiiip*

(apologies to thge webmaster of Evilninja.com

Anyway, here's the AoD link: http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/4243.php

oh boy... what a story. :huh: Plus the image makes no sense to that :p