What's In A Name?

I don't really play the SS series much now, but I am a fan of the character design. (I think it is by the same guy who did the ninja scroll characters?)

I'm more of a street fighter fan. (there is a big rivalry between SNK Playore vs Capcom when it comes to 2d one-on-one fighters. I personally think that capcom still has the edge in terms of "encouraging diversity in playstyles to win" though, since not all characters rely so much on the same "fireball" techniques that you see in your typical SNK fighting game. (all stolen from dragon ball I would imagine)

Ah yes... all the way back to Art of Fighting, if I recall.

I think maybe the pilot in the grey low vis is actually a ninja hehe. If you play an arcade game called Aerofighters one of the characters is actually a ninja so maybe they can make a super hero backstory for him.

I always play as him. :)

edit:

JB0: Yeah it was "hanzo". He is the guy who disapears with a smoke bomb then attacks directly from offscreen aiming directly above the opponent with a flashy special move as a way to distract and confuse them. (he has a short range though)

There is another american ninja which is a body/pallete swap of hanzo with a different head that uses a dog.

Galford has the dog(was checking something for someone recently, and that was one of 2 characters that got playtime)

Didn't realize he was a pallete swap + new head. I'll have to look closer next time I fire it up.

What I mean was he is like the 'Ken' to street fighter's 'Ryu' because thier bodies look the same. (height, stance, animation etc with a different head and minor change like the colours) But only in appearance of course. They play differently and have unique style of fighting.

The reason I choose the ninja in aerofighters is because I like his death move: it is just this giant SDF1 like beam that destroy anything in its path and makes you invincible. But I hate that his bullets are shuriken which look stupid. I would much prefer just your typical bullets.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

What I mean was he is like the 'Ken' to street fighter's 'Ryu' because thier bodies look the same. (height, stance, animation etc with a different head and minor change like the colours) But only in appearance of course. They play differently and have unique style of fighting.
Yah. That was what I meant too.
The reason I choose the ninja in aerofighters is because I like his death move: it is just this giant SDF1 like beam that destroy anything in its path and makes you invincible. But I hate that his bullets are shuriken which look stupid. I would much prefer just your typical bullets.

376368[/snapback]

PLAY AS TEH JPOP SINGER!

One of the first screen names I ever used was vauxhall3098. Since I am such an avid Doctor Who fan, it was an obvious chioce, as the Doctor drove an automobile known as the Vauxhall 30/98 (see image below, and you may recognize it).

However, I have always used Noriko Takaya on this forum, as well as a few others, and if you have ever seen my avatar, you'll realize I took it from Aim for the Top! Noriko is my favorite anime character.

who1.jpg

I'm a metal head and I was born in 1979. Simple.

The avatar I have is a self portrait I did when I was a senior in HS. I don't look like much of a metal head because I had already been through basic training for the Army.

376377[/snapback]

Which kind of metal? B))

I'm a metal head and I was born in 1979. Simple.

The avatar I have is a self portrait I did when I was a senior in HS. I don't look like much of a metal head because I had already been through basic training for the Army.

376377[/snapback]

Which kind of metal? B))

376382[/snapback]

I'm betting magnesium.

In the early days of internet on dial up it was cheaper to log in past 23:00

and log out before 07:00

Was it set per block of hours plus per minute if you went over? (like cell phone plans do now?) Just curious....

376405[/snapback]

Depended on the ISP. I think some were free on those hours.

I'm glad we got past the per-minute charges on internet usage.

Even today, a lot of thngs just run faster during those hours. Lot less people hitting the servers.

My screen name represents the genius that makes my birthname Michael cool and different, by spelling it M-Y-K.

My avatars represent my contempt for all women, and my belief that they are worth little beyond their sexual value...

Edited by myk

Simple story. When I started online I needed a name to go onto a hotmail account. So I wanted to use Yosho but I didn't know japanese back then so I spelt it Yohsho and I've stuck with that since. On the plus side it can be shortened down to Yoh which I don't mind now.

Mowe is the famouse wind glider ride by Nausicaä in Miyazaki's Valley of the Wind. It is a German word meaning seagull. I thought Mowe would make a very cool MW username.

The Valk and Mowe are my absolute fav flying machines.

Wes is one of the variations of Commander Wes Janson from Rogue Squadron, although I think he's like a general or out by now in the books. I was really into the X-Wing books+games, and it's been easy to remember the 100+ logins the internet demands of me if I keep it along those lines. I found out a few years ago that my brother's been doing the same thing, only with Hobbie variations. Odd thing is, IRL he acts like Wes and me like Hobbie. :blink: I had my quote on RDF-HQ explaining my sig with a classic scene from the books:

Wedge gave Hobbie a grin."...In the meantime, we have the right tools to subvert our Imperial Admiral.

"What tools?"

"Oh, Wes's maturity, your optimism, and my diplomatic skills."

Hobbie buried his face in his hands. "We're doomed."

My screen name represents the genius that makes my birthname Michael cool and different, by spelling it M-Y-K.

There is no better name in all of creation than Mike.

376452[/snapback]

Mike, try this: "MYK SZEKELY" I'll bet your name has never looked cooler!

Simple story.  When I started online I needed a name to go onto a hotmail account. So I wanted to use Yosho but I didn't know japanese back then so I spelt it Yohsho and I've stuck with that since. On the plus side it can be shortened down to Yoh which I don't mind now.

376423[/snapback]

Just don't let it get shorted to Yaoi.

It's "the" Bromgrev, actually.

I wonder what "Graham" and "Shawn" mean ...

376509[/snapback]

Link to what graham name means link

for shawns

link

376540[/snapback]

That's an interesting site you found there.

Michael is a very popular male first name, ranking 4 out of 1219 for males of all ages in the 1990 U.S. Census.

I told you we have an awesome name, Myk. But for something really different, why not try the Mikhalis variant?

In the early days of internet on dial up it was cheaper to log in past 23:00

and log out before 07:00

Was it set per block of hours plus per minute if you went over? (like cell phone plans do now?) Just curious....

376405[/snapback]

we're talking cents per minute as in good old phoneconnections

in the low-traffic hours price went down

mine is just what was picked for me when I started my police career. after i got out of training, they were deciding on nick names for me and it came down to Chowser and Chow Mein. Guess which stuck?

I'll explain my Halo 2 Gamertag, it's Sarge051.

I wanted Sarge51 because in Red vs. Blue, the red character named Sarge is #51.

but it was taken, so I made it Sarge051.

Sarge because one day when all the suck-ups get promoted, it'll finally be my turn to because a Seargant, and I'll be promoted based on skill/merit, not suck-ass-ness. and my badge # is 51.

I told you we have an awesome name, Myk.  But for something really different, why not try the Mikhalis variant?

Hmm..Mikhalis Ranili....I like it! Sounds like a European special forces operative, or something. Just call me 009...

Everyone must have an ultimate finishing move.  Mine's called the 'Rocket Punch'.

376869[/snapback]

Mine's called the pearl necklace.

hey ;) welcome to the boards, btw, there's no pics allowed in the sig. Nice pic though.

Edited by >EXO<

Everyone must have an ultimate finishing move.  Mine's called the 'Rocket Punch'.

376869[/snapback]

Mine's called the pearl necklace..

hey ;) welcome to the boards, btw, there's no pics allowed in the sig. Nice pic though.

376871[/snapback]

haha! Paizuri fans unite!

Thanks for the heads up on the sig-pic.