Dyrl

Pervataru

I...um..... urk..... Do You Remember Love? The Macross movie that is a retelling of the original SDF Macross series with much better animation and a modified story. And dude... noob questions.... you're lucky I got to you first and answered it, cuz there are a couple guys who'll just shoot you first.

Edited by promethuem5

promethuem5, thx I have only been on the forum for 2 days and collecting Valks for less than a mounth. SRY yes I know I'm a noob, hell I really got in trouble, and schooled on the Macross vs robo#$#) thing last night. Maybe with in a week I'm wont be so bad lol

It's OK being a newbie, but I think people would rather these questions be asked in the pinned "Newbie Thread" at the top of the board. Otherwise the whole place gets crowded up with the same questions over and over.

Welcome to MW. B))

Newbie thread is like the beginner dungeons in RPGs. You gotta go there, kill some rats and insects before you come out to the big bad world of macross. God knows what would happen to you if you came across AgentOne, the ultimate Boss character. ;)

Welcome aboard.

I was never able to get past the spotty animation quality in SDF Macross anyway, so if you want the fast track just watch DYRL and then move on to 'Plus. Or, maybe you should watch 'Zero before DYRL? Hmmm. You know I envy you. You could watch Macross Zero as the beginning of the Macross story instead of seeing it as a prequel, like the rest of us...

By the way, skip II as it has no place in the official timeline. The mecha are nice, and their singing idols are wankable-worthy material however...

METAL SI-REN!!!!

Edited by myk

Newbie thread is like the beginner dungeons in RPGs. You gotta go there, kill some rats and insects before you come out to the big bad world of macross. God knows what would happen to you if you came across AgentOne, the ultimate Boss character.  ;)

Welcome aboard.

374598[/snapback]

Huh? I thought the final boss is Carl Macek? B))

and their singing idols are wankable-worthy material however...

haha the aliens have good taste. They probably bred them all that way on purpose and indoctrinate the women that wearing clothes is evil. "Human male pilots go weak at the sight of naked females". Perfect military strategy to distract pilots so they can't concentrate on the piloting by having thier hands on the right control stick..

See? Now that's an alien that can adapt to strategy.

Meh, don't feel too bad, I've been here for over a year and didn't know who Grahame was. That and I only figured out what DYRL meant a little while ago. For the longest time I thought DYRL was a kind of plastic or a form of toy construction, but then one day that little light bulb went off and it all became clear!

Well I hope to get better soon, I just bought DYRL and bid in on all nine disks of MACROSS, Any thing else I should go for now or just wait watch what is comming then go after plus and II ect?

374536[/snapback]

Nice! Now that's jumping into it the right way.

Other stuff you might run into

CF - Cannon Fodder, the brown valks always getting blown up

SDF Macross - the series (as opposed to DYRL - the movie)

A1 - likes to have noobs feel his muscles, also good on steak and burgers, so I hear.... I like ketchup.

LV - low viz, expensive unaffordable limited 1/48 valk

GBP - badass armor that I've been waiting for for how many weeks now?

Newbie thread is like the beginner dungeons in RPGs. You gotta go there, kill some rats and insects before you come out to the big bad world of macross. God knows what would happen to you if you came across AgentOne, the ultimate Boss character.  ;)

Welcome aboard.

374598[/snapback]

374636[/snapback]

No it's Reba West. he has to endure 2 hours of listening to her singing to develop an immunity. (the secret antidote is Listening to Mari Ijima Songs first) :D:lol:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

thanks all I knew some but not all of the acronyms, And my intro to Grahame was not pretty he all but bit my head off, As for A1 you can keep both him and his sause, I like the taste of steak and if i have to cover it up then I'd just as soon order something else. But here is my next delima, first time this happened to me that i know of. Won an item on Ebay (not from a seller here) 10 days ago, paid as soon as auction ended (paypal) so i emailed them today to ask WTH it is, they tell me it's back ordered, So i cheched the auction again just to be sure and no where is it mentioned that this was a pre-order, Item on way from distributer. I've seen item sold as preorder on ebay so i know you are allowed to do it, but FFS tell me in advance. My question is for ebay sellers does it say anywhere in the TOS/T&C that you have to inform buyer of this fact?

Edited by Pervataru

Welcome aboard.

374598[/snapback]

374636[/snapback]

No it's Reba West. he has to endure 2 hours of listening to her singing to develop an immunity. (the secret antidote is Listening to Mari Ijima Songs first) :D:lol:

374891[/snapback]

But if you collect all 5 pieces of the Fabled HG License Agreement and rescue the Lawyer to decypher it, you attain knowledge of HG's limits.

This unlocks a secret final stage. After you defeat West in stage 6, you go on to assault HG's offices, and Carl Macek is the REAL final boss.

Defeating him gets you the good ending where HG is destroyed, Robotech is forgotten, and Macross merchandise flows freely into the US.

If you're buying the SDF Macross (TV Series) DVDs, make sure you get the Animeigo ones for great english subtitles and restored picture quality. Or, you could buy the brand new ADV release of SDF Macross which takes the improved/restored image quality and great subtitles of the Animeigo release, and also adds the option of an english voice track (english dub) and 5.1 surround sound. The down-side to the new ADV release, however, is that some have reported that if you would rather watch it with original japanese track and english subtitles, the japanese track isn't as high-quality as the original Animeigo release's.

If you get DYRL, try to get the "Perfect Edition" by "FX". . . and if you do, go to the link in my signature to upgrade the subtitles on it!

Best,

H

Edited by Hurin

Welcome aboard! BTW just make sure you never start a thread about a Live Action Macross movie and or who would be great for the roles!

Chris

Welcome aboard! BTW just make sure you never start a thread about a Live Action Macross movie and or who would be great for the roles!

Chris

374968[/snapback]

Yes. Because we all know Sean Connery should play everyone. Even the women.

Chris

374968[/snapback]

Yes. Because we all know Sean Connery should play everyone. Even the women.

374969[/snapback]

LOL!

Sean Connery as Captain Gloval:"I'll play your game you rogue!"

BTW Pervataru in case you didn't know, "HG" stands for Harmony Gold, the people who made Robotech what it is.

"HG" stands for Harmony Gold, the people who made Robotech what it is.

374980[/snapback]

Shhh!!! Don't speak the twisted language of Mordor! :ph34r:

374982[/snapback]

DOH! *covers mouth* :unsure: