The 1/48 Low Vis Ver. 2 And Stealth Thread

wolfx

The question now is the Stealth FP gonna be a TV or DYRL type?

373610[/snapback]

Then the next question is what will the pilots look like in both version? Common, Yamato, don't disappoint us. :rolleyes:

373629[/snapback]

From the pics I think I saw a red TV figure inside the Stealth's cockpit. Can't tell about the LV2 though. I only hope the Stealth comes with white-outlined markings besides the red-and-white kite. Now THAT is stealth-looking. :p

I will get both because I am a completist I guess. But I think I'll detail up my LV2 with a sharkface sticker on the nose, just like a Phantom. :)

If nothing else, I'll add Vietnam era stickers on it.

Hmmm, looks like I'm stuck. The color schemes aren't bad, but they are more of a novelty to me (I know that's rich talking about collectable toys, but bear with me). I sold my old VF-1A yammie in anticipation of purchasing a one of these new Valkyries. But now that I see them, I'm not all that thrilled with the result; it's an offer I could have easily passed.

I suppose I have to buy one of them since I want three valkyries in the 1/48 scale, no more, no less (especially since I have two sets of FAST packs and one GBP armor set). Kinda crappy how things turned out :(

The question now is the Stealth FP gonna be a TV or DYRL type?

373610[/snapback]

Then the next question is what will the pilots look like in both version? Common, Yamato, don't disappoint us. :rolleyes:

373629[/snapback]

It's a DYRL? Type. Chekc out the Strike Cannon and the NR-AP-01 Arm units.

I like them both, but especially the Stealth. The paint schemes are new and different and that's fine by me, but I do have a couple gripes about the LV2.

I wish it was a 1S since the original LV was a 1A. I guess that's what recast heads are for, right? Also, the LV2's camo could stand to be a little bit darker with softer edges. And paint the damn gunpod, Yamato! Oh, to hell with it; you know I'll get at least 2 anyway.

As for the Stealth, well it just looks bad-ass in all 3 modes. I was planning a similar custom paint scheme, but now I'll save my time and just spend more money. I'll take a case of these puppies with FAST Packs. And, thankfully these have DYRL-style arm armor so they can hold a gunpod. Those damn TV ones just plain suck at this.

Some pic of VF-0 and other valks can be found here:

http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/41...+Winter+part+3/

The stealth looks nice. The cameo only looks good in fighter mode - it match that 70's feeling.

But even Takara/Hasbro add small changes to the body when they do re-colour. What's up with this cheap re-colour from Yamato that still charge a very high premium? Come on just do a VE-1 or VT-1 or VF-1D.

Is there any reason why BigBadToyStore is the only main online place that has these up for preorder? Usually HLJ, an/or Twinmoons would also have them. Are they (BBTS) reputable? I've never done business with them before. I ask because according to them the release isn't too far away.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Is there any reason why BigBadToyStore is the only main online place that has these up for preorder? Usually HLJ, an/or Twinmoons would also have them. Are they (BBTS) reputable? I've never done business with them before.  I ask because according to them the release isn't too far away.

Chris

373685[/snapback]

BBTS is reputable, they've been around a long time.

I've bought from them before in the past.

I'm still not into that LV2 yet....guess i will have to look at it a little longer.

Dobber, I think patience is a key at this point. I believe many people don't put up preorders until they receive certain solid information (like how many they can get, for what price, and when). BBTS probably is banking off past experience where they feel comfortable enough putting the preorder out there already but many more sites will be following suits. It might also be that BBTS updates their site on a different schedule from other online stores.

BBTS is solid. They won't win any price wars, but their level of service and speed is excellent and there's no price too big to pay for something like that...

So, it's been another day and more people have looked at the additional pictures. Some Stealths have a gray heat shield, some have a black heat shield, what do you think the final verdict is? I think it's gray, the initial shot with the black heatshield looks way photoshopped to me. Maybe the one for the pics didn't have a heat shield at all so they just photoshopped a black one in later.

So long as the final product has a low visible skull and crossbones on it. I liked that about the original LV: even the stickers and markings were hard to see. :D

I wish it was a 1S since the original LV was a 1A. I guess that's what recast heads are for, right?

I actually wish the stealth was the one with the 1S head on it. More awareness and quicker response to the visible environment with a wraparound camera. Plus they already did LE stealth 1J with credit card valk.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think you call should seriously consider getting atleast 1 of each. Remember back then when the 1st LV came out? Remember just how many said "No ill pass"?...and you all remember what happen after that right? Suddenly when the LV was out of stock then everybody wanted one. Now...this time this is your chance to get your own at a fair price.

- Jin

Hmm, well the first LV that came out was actually a new color scheme and still looked like a serious fighter. First, good job Yamato in taking the big risk in the production of some new color schemes. Second, ugh, with these new additions the new color schemes angle is somehow all of a sudden reduced to a gimmick. The barber pole camo is well, I'll just leave it at that. The stealth is at least tolerable. Anyhow, I'm sure they'll be eatin up just the same.

Good the hear of the new color scheme!! They are pretty attractive indeed. Looks like Yamato is going to milk us again using their VF-1 molds. Hopefully, with the money they generated from us will prompt or force them to make the VT-1 and VE-1. Still, I don't understand why Yamato did't make them in 1/48 from the get-go?

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Good the hear of the new color scheme!! They are pretty attractive indeed. Looks like Yamato is goin to milk us again using their VF-1 molds. Hopefully, with the money they generated from us will prompt or force them to make the VT-1 and VE-1. Still, I don't understand why Yamato did't make them in 1/48 from the get-go?

373865[/snapback]

It's difficult to make the two seaters with a sliding heaetsheild.

I think you call should seriously consider getting atleast 1 of each. Remember back then when the 1st LV came out? Remember just how many said "No ill pass"?...and you all remember what happen after that right? Suddenly when the LV was out of stock then everybody wanted one. Now...this time this is your chance to get your own at a fair price.

The whole thing was just molded in grey with dark patches. Didn't really look all that attractive to people who are "canon-only-valks" purists. I have a theory that people were so busy spending all thier money on the canon stuff they weren't really interested atthe time because they thought it would always be there for them rather than disapearing. (which is why I think it is good they at least try some new stuff for those who missed out)

It will be interesting to see how these sell based on if they are true LE or not. Because often when something is rare, and the ebay price goes up and up and up, that's when opinions about wanting something change. I admit to buying stuff myself in the past that I didn't want simply because I knew it would be hard to find again one day due to initial unpopularity. I think yamato are just playing around and testing the waters with these to see the reaction and to milk the fans for all they are worth.

Personally if that means they can continue making more macross stuff, then so be it, more power to them. (so long as they can keep up the quality like with the VF0)

I read all the old stories about how people would pay $1000 for chunky munkies and am glad we are not at that level of desperation so I am not going to whine at normal priced stuff if it can't be helped. (I just wish HG and BW would work something out and one day more casual fans had access)

Oh come on bro! Don't give us that excuse. Yamato has the best toy engineer and what so hard about making the two-seater on the 1/48 series? Just alittle more time and study, Yamato should be able to make it happen.

Good the hear of the new color scheme!! They are pretty attractive indeed. Looks like Yamato is goin to milk us again using their VF-1 molds. Hopefully, with the money they generated from us will prompt or force them to make the VT-1 and VE-1. Still, I don't understand why Yamato did't make them in 1/48 from the get-go?

373865[/snapback]

It's difficult to make the two seaters with a sliding heaetsheild.

373866[/snapback]

Edited by Agent-GHQ

We need to get graham to tell them to *"make a beta or we won't buy an alpha".

*old robotech.com joke about how HG blackmailed its fanbase by threatening to "not make a beta fighter if no one buys an alpha fighter" to fans who were unenthusistic about no news of if the alpha would connect to a future beta toy. :D

Actually, there are only three problems preventing a longer heatshield from my quick glance at it (by all means, you guys with the 1D conversions out there let me know what I'm missing here).

The yellow circled items are attachment points for the flap that opens up to pass the head to pass through the back of the valk. They can be pretty drastically reduced in thickness and I think maintain their functionality.

The red circle is the part that holds the super kits tight while in battloid mode. I think this could be fixed on the two sitters by placing this on the backpack rather than in the back of the valk.

The green circles are probably the trickiest. They're fixed on the single pilot version 1/48s but they'd have to be rolling on the 2 seaters. This would allow the heat shield to roll further back into the cavity created by the first two modifications. The trick would be to make these be able to roll while not creating a large gap between the chest plate and the fuselage in battloid mode.

Edit - thought on the green circles. Right now the 1/48s have tabs on the heatshield that stick into valk. You might be able to solve the rolling attachments by simply having tabs on the valk that stick into the heatshield. The downside would be two grooves in the heatshield toward the top (obviously you could only have these grooves at the thickest part of the heatshield because otherwise it would just pop off constantly.

So, is it impossible? Heck, I don't build toys, I couldn't tell you. Seems do-able to me though.

post-2677-1140942749_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenius

I have a little story here which I think many of you 1/48 collectors might be interested in, it touches on the whole complexity of “timing†when collecting, selling and buying the 1/48 Valks:

Earlier this month, I picked up a Low Vis at Yahoo JP for 165,00 yen (approx $160 USD). I couldn’t believe my luck at the time, I always thought a Low Vis usually goes for around $300 USD. During the auction, not only do I noticed there were few bidders but they were also much less aggressive then other bidders I came across in the past on the 1/48 Valks market.

Then, the following week, I heard the news of “Low Vis IIâ€. My immediate thought at the time was “Baka!!!, I got screwedâ€. I thought the seller must had heard the news earlier and tried to clear his Low Vis for a decent price before the “new Low Vis†swamps the market, and that must had been the reason why there were few bidders. Anyway, I had trouble sleeping that night, but when the good arrived, I was all OK again, because it was a nice Valk and I was contended.

Now that we know “Low Vis II†is not really the re-issuing of the original Low Vis, I guess there would be a few sellers out there kicking their own heads. Does anyone have similar experiences with the Low Vis purchase lately? Whether your were the purchaser or the seller?

I throw this story in because sometime we could be so blinded by our loves for Valks that we simply became sheep to the Yamato crew and buy/sell without really considering the real values of our beloved toys. I hope this story could be useful and mean something to somebody.

that space gets filled up pretty quickly with the big metal bar and the shoulder assemblies. but yeah, I guess yamato could make those parts out of magnesium alloy so they can get everything thin and strong enough... and you'd still have the arms hanging down lower than they are now.. sure. easy.

I just want to know where this pathetic sense of entitlement comes from. if you're not keen on it, don't buy it. No one is forcing you. let's just stick to the topic on hand and maybe the mods can make a pinned thread for all the folk who are demanding their favorite variant or valk get made.