Wonderfest Feb/2006!

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

i wouldnt mind if the low vis was a sky blue splinter camo (like the blueroses custom the fulcy did) looks better that way, as for the stealth version would rather prefer it to be uniform color, either dark blue or black. ;)

Gosh the VF-0S looks gorgeous, gonna grab two of these. Hopefully yamato does do a VF-0D and VF-0A in the near future. :D

Cheers

Just a thought on that camo valk. If they were going to use mechs as foot soldiers would they just use some of the destroids? That was their original purpose correct. The only advantage I see to a ground type valk would be the ability to transform into gerwalk for quick strike capability. Most of the destroids have a greater weapon load to boot. Its not like valks fire many missles in battroid mode. A gladiator or Phalanx would be better suited. Therefore would you think that a camo valk would be a special forces model similar to navy seals, army rangers, etc.

Just a thought on that camo valk.  If they were going to use mechs as foot soldiers would they just use some of the destroids?  That was their original purpose correct.  The only advantage I see to a ground type valk would be the ability to transform into gerwalk for quick strike capability.  Most of the destroids have a greater weapon load to boot.  Its not like valks fire many missles in battroid mode.  A gladiator or Phalanx would be better suited.  Therefore would you think that a camo valk would be a special forces model similar to navy seals, army rangers, etc.

372363[/snapback]

I agree, jungle camo doesn't suit the battle role of a Valkyrie (a Legioss, yes). If it were a special forces model, then put a 1J or 1S head on it, and give it a bayonet :D

Just a thought on that camo valk.  If they were going to use mechs as foot soldiers would they just use some of the destroids?  That was their original purpose correct.  The only advantage I see to a ground type valk would be the ability to transform into gerwalk for quick strike capability.  Most of the destroids have a greater weapon load to boot.  Its not like valks fire many missles in battroid mode.  A gladiator or Phalanx would be better suited.  Therefore would you think that a camo valk would be a special forces model similar to navy seals, army rangers, etc.

372363[/snapback]

I could see the use of the valks as foot soldiers in rugged mountainous terrain. Given the destroids are so heavy, and have no luxury like jump jets to my knowledge, they'd be sitting ducks against battlepods that can jump / fly or Noujadeul Ger. Also, the valk wouldn't require a transport, as the destroid would to reach a battlefield in a short timeframe. To me the valks seem more like an offensive strike weapon, whereas the destroids are more of a defensive oriented piece of hardware.

Also, in looking at jungle camo, it must be a zentraedi scale jungle, because I can't imgaine you could hide a valk in battloid mode in any earth jungle based solely on its height. Maybe gerwalk, but unless they are fighting zentraidi foot soldiers with nothing but their own eyes, I wouldn't think a mere camo paint job will buy them much. It'll do nothing to blind them to radar, or hide their IR signature...... if it's gotta be this camo color choice, I'd at least like to have seen it in the digital camo style.

Bayonet would be great, or even a Rambo knife strapped to the engine nacelle.

Thank you for the pics, SaveRobotech.

I really dig the VF-0S and the GITS Tachikoma with the Motoko figure (these 2 items rock).

Graham: I noticed the "Black display-stand" in SaveRobotech's pictures of VF-0S. Is that another variant of display stand or it is just a custom?

Also, IIRC the VF-0S has a different landing gears mechanism, right?

Thanks, :)

I could see the use of the valks as foot soldiers in rugged mountainous terrain. Given the destroids are so heavy, and have no luxury like jump jets to my knowledge, they'd be sitting ducks against battlepods that can jump / fly or Noujadeul Ger. Also, the valk wouldn't require a transport, as the destroid would to reach a battlefield in a short timeframe. To me the valks seem more like an offensive strike weapon, whereas the destroids are more of a defensive oriented piece of hardware.

Also, in looking at jungle camo, it must be a zentraedi scale jungle, because I can't imgaine you could hide a valk in battloid mode in any earth jungle based solely on its height. Maybe gerwalk, but unless they are fighting zentraidi foot soldiers with nothing but their own eyes, I wouldn't think a mere camo paint job will buy them much. It'll do nothing to blind them to radar, or hide their IR signature...... if it's gotta be this camo color choice, I'd at least like to have seen it in the digital camo style.

Bayonet would be great, or even a Rambo knife strapped to the engine nacelle.

372374[/snapback]

I agree with the transport issue and the camo issue. Probably why we never saw any of the mechs in gundam (where a lot of land based combat occured) are in camo. I think the plain zaku green would be just as good or a Dom Troop brown for desert.

Also you'd think that destroids could be modified using a booster pack like the GM's in gundam to offer boost and prevent getting stuck.

I still think that all of these special models should have a different head. It wouldn't be difficult for yamato to make a mold with 5 new heads in it and run 15,000 sets out of the mold. If your making a special issue valk that's not canon you might as well make it truly unique. Can you imagine the rush to buy each of these if they had a new unique head. We'd already be placing orders regardless of the paint job

Edited by jwinges

Thanks for the pics saverobotech and graham.

It's great to see that they're releasing new stuff. (well.... old stuff with different paint jobs :rolleyes: )

I guess they're planning to market these as limited editions to encourage people to buy these... I dunno... I'd like to see the stealth in battroid, and if that looks aiight, then I'll get one...

The VF-0S is looking P.I.M.P. Every mode, angle, and mm of this thing deserves a thumbs up. I hope the sales of this valk seriously opens doors to yamato making more new generation valks.

I like the gloss finish on the 0S, although I dont think it's painted as shin mentioned several posts back... it suits the 0S very well and I'd suppose if they were to make a yf-19 in the future, they'd use something similar.

I still think that all of these special models should have a different head.

Done... VF-1JR (John Rambo)

372392[/snapback]

see that wan't so difficult. Yamato could learn from your creativity. :lol:

Actually, I think your design is still better than slapping a 1A head on everything and calling it new.

Coming up next the Yamato Coke with special VF-1A drinking spout.

OR maybe

The home depot special...Yamato VF1A head light switches.

Quick...somebody check the Garland and make sure it doesn't have a VF1A head on it...

post-669-1140555600_thumb.jpg

Crap they got us again!

Not to flog a dead horse....

372418[/snapback]

Let me guess...that's the new Iraqi defense force haliburton camo VF1A!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

372427[/snapback]

Careful. If the NSA picks this up, the camo Valk might come to your house and shoot you in the face!

I think the main issue with the camo VF-1 is the colors are just too intense/bright. Like they took the colors from the basic 16-box of Crayoloa crayons. They're almost neon compared to real camo paint. That's not Vietnam camo. That is like yellow sand, GREEN, and darker GREEN. Not dark muddy tan, jungle leaves green, and marsh green.

Take each of the VF-1's camo and mix 50% with dark grey--THEN you'll have something like real camo.

Frankly, it looks like a $2 toy plane at Wal-Mart with those colors. Bright, shiny, primary colors. The original low-vis was far superior simply because the colors were exactly what real ones were. But this is like a parody of a real scheme.

Edited by David Hingtgen

The Stealth isn't bad. I was hoping for something more interesting, but it's about what I expected they'd actually do. I'm witholding a final opening until I see what it looks like in the other modes.

The "low vis" is awful. Whoever is responsible for that should be fired. Even worse, it will drive up prices of the "real" low vis. Wasn't that based on a fan custom? Why couldn't they have reproduced one of the excellent camo valks already out there?

Now that VF-0S is a thing of beauty!

Damn, look in the background of those pics, and you see some lucky people with their grubby little mitts all over a VF-0!.

372583[/snapback]

LOL. Thanks for pointing that out. Hehehehehe. They're probably taking turns flying Roy around the convention hall. :lol:

David Highten's got it right... the problem with the camo valk isn't the camo, it's the colors used. Dull them down and make them much more camoish and it'll look alot better, even if the camo strokes are much too broad. I'd still like to see one with a mottled WWII era German fleck camo... I'm a sucker for those.

Damn, look in the background of those pics, and you see some lucky people with their grubby little mitts all over a VF-0!.

Also, is it just me or does the VF-0 pilot look a little closer to 1/48 scale?.  Looks a little big.

372583[/snapback]

I'm actually hoping its 1/55 scale, just labeled 1/60 scale, so my bandais have something to do ACM with! (yamato labeled the VF11B 1/72 scale even though the true scale was 1/68-65 for durability purposes).

Ok now before or now that I've already read that people think the two below 1/48s are going to be the new Low Vis and Stealth, but they are not. I talked to Yamato prep and was told they are both only painted color varients of a VF-1J and and VF-1A that will not be sold retail.

371916[/snapback]

Eh? That conflicts with my info which is from a pretty reliable source, which says they are the Low Vis 2 & Stealth color schemes.

Graham

372064[/snapback]

So are they the actual color schemes slated for production or not?

I don't know. The completist within me that refuses to die wants to get these but I, like many of you, am not crazy about those initial photos. Maybe if I see them in other modes in different light or something. Of course, maybe we've grown tired of the VF-1 as it is...

Edited by myk

I think the main issue with the camo VF-1 is the colors are just too intense/bright.  Like they took the colors from the basic 16-box of Crayoloa crayons.  They're almost neon compared to real camo paint.  That's not Vietnam camo.  That is like yellow sand, GREEN, and darker GREEN.  Not dark muddy tan, jungle leaves green, and marsh green. 

Take each of the VF-1's camo and mix 50% with dark grey--THEN you'll have something like real camo. 

Frankly, it looks like a $2 toy plane at Wal-Mart with those colors.  Bright, shiny, primary colors.  The original low-vis was far superior simply because the colors were exactly what real ones were.  But this is like a parody of a real scheme.

372496[/snapback]

It looks to me that only the brown is off. Check it:

post-752-1140595743_thumb.jpg

Also, is it just me or does the VF-0 pilot look a little closer to 1/48 scale?.  Looks a little big.

372583[/snapback]

It's Roy in there, that's probably why...

A lot better (nothing's worse than yellow on a plane), but I still don't like the greens, especially the medium one. People spend a lot of time and money developing exact colors for camoflage patterns, and each one is dependent upon the others. That is the primary way how camo works for ships and planes--it's not the individual colors nor the shapes in the pattern--it's how they all work TOGETHER. You can't just change one color and expect the same effect, nor take colors from multiple schemes. (if you ever want a detailed look into developing paint camo, check out WW2 ship stuff---most of the info from that carried over to this day, including the colors and theories behind the patterns used for aircraft--the whole concept of low-vis came from ships--previously planes were always mottled or splotched to match the ground, or no camo at all)

Yamato seems to have just thrown random colors around. You won't see gull grey and ghost grey mixed on a plane. Despite being among the most common camo greys of all time, they just don't work together. This is along the same lines--they've got weird non-complementary shades.

Agree with everyone who've expressed dislike of the camo scheme. That shade of beige/light sand looks dead on for a VF-1D trainer, but not for a low vis camouflage... too garish, and the greens look too Zaku-like as well.

I'm not too crazy over the "stealth" either, but that is a much better scheme than the clown valk.

Edit: I think that the stealth would look better if done in "shades" of black, for lack of a better term; think of the Omega Starfury from B5, that was all backs of different specularities... the same subtle effect could be achieved with the use of black and near black grays (nothing lighter than Euro one).

Edited by mechaninac

To be fair, after seeing the larger pics that Graham put on the site I'm a little less hostile to the camo. I still don't like it, mind you, but I've supressed my initial revulsion to the point that I want to see what it looks like in fighter mode from several different angles.

And both new valks photographed under different lighting. I suppose we'll see magazine shots soon enough, though.

BUT - if a design will only look good in fighter mode it's much cheaper just to build a fighter model and paint it yourself. For the cost of a transformable toy it better look pretty snazzy in all 3 modes and some battroid poses!