Yamato 1/48 Recast Parts Interests

Neova

Which of the following parts do you need and will pay for now?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following parts do you need and will pay for now?

• TV Kit - Pilot, Arms, FP kit, Fat Hands
    • DYRL Kit - Hands, Pilot depending on most ordered version(LV, DYRL or Ultimate)
    • TV Fixed Posed Fat Hands - 4 pieces - resin
    • TV Pilot - resin
    • TV Arms - left and right - High Impact Polymer Only
    • TV Arm Fast Pack Parts - left and right arm -High Impact Polymer Only
    • DYRL Fixed Posed Mech Hands - From 3 Bad Men Resin Kit (5 pieces) - resin
    • DYRL Hikaru Pilot - resin
    • DYRL Ultimate 1/48 Valkyrie Pilot - resin
    • Low Vis Pilot - resin
    • BP8 - specify white metal or High Impact Polymer Only
    • GPB Side Pieces - 1 pair - High Impact Polymer Only

I get a lot of requests for parts and have found a high quality recaster to help ease the parts drought since there are not enough interests for the leftovers to justify parting out Valks at this time.

Please vote to help me gauge the interests for this project and I can get it going ASAP. Cost will depend on confirmed orders. Currently guessing 5-6 bux for resin bits (a set of TV hands) and 10 bux for hi impact part (pair or TV arms or TV Arm FP) before shipping ~ 2-3 bux by airmail.

Minimum order is 20 total pcs for any item or kit to start.

Most pieces will be produced in standard high cast resin to save cost (hands and pilots) or in a high impact polymer but will cost more. Some parts such as the arm and Fast Packs which will flex will be cast in high impact polymer only. The fast pack clips would snap off within 3-5 regular insertions if it was made in resin.

Note: All parts will be available in native resin color (milk or creme white) only. Color powder is lacking over here so you will need to paint all parts to match.

Casting quality will be the same as the scratch built 1/72 VF-4 offered by Valk009 (same caster).

For those looking for half a chicken (VF-1D conversion kit), I might be able to provide a Valkyrie with only the equivalent parts from the 1D kit removed for a discount. Everything else can be included. PM me and specify TV or DYRL donors.

Pilots : DYR Ultimate Type, DYRL Type, TV Type, Low Vis Type, TV Fat Hands

16161872at.th.jpg

TV Arms and Fast Packs from both sides - Compare with your DRYL and Fast Pack Sets. GBP Sides and Backpack pieces for detailing up.

16161814jd.th.jpg

Custom sculpted and modified DYRL Hands (working prototype, not finalized yet. Will be slimmed down a bit): 1 Pair only, Thumb, Index and 3 fingers are ball jointed. Last 3 fingers will be merged but prototype is fully and independantly articulate.

5 Finger full articulated version will cost approximately double but doable.

First Picture shows Hasegawa VF-1 Battroid hands for comparison.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...e=post&id=31941

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...e=post&id=31942

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...e=post&id=31943

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...e=post&id=31944

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...e=post&id=31945

3 Bad Men Hands (Right Trigger, Left Gunpod Cradle, Right Gun Pod Cradle and Salute, L&R fists.

post-1322-1140193757_thumb.jpg

post-1322-1140193769_thumb.jpg

Edited by Neova

what is the ultimate pilot like?

370149[/snapback]

There's some pics here. They look good. They've got more detail than the Yamato 1/48 pilots.

370158[/snapback]

The ultimate pilot looks nice. does it fit the Yamato 1/48's? What are TV arms anyway? I kown what the fast packs are, but I never knew the arms were different?

OMG! This is great news Neova. Low Viz pilots would be awesome. And more Hikaru 1S figures. Hey can you also take my idea and use clear blue resin for the head so the visors can look transparent?

BTW, the GBP hands suck! It's nicely detailed but way to big for nekkid valks. Everyone PM Eternal D to detail up his hands.

Edited by >EXO<

Hi all,

I will post pics of the donor parts soon for reference. No molds have been poured yet. Once I get enough interest in the parts, I will start taking orders. I will wait on this poll until at least the end of these week to start anything.

Waiting on the price quote for the white metal BP8. Note these will be in native metal colors so you have to repaint them. That is the one problem.

I am trying to see if we can at least color match all the resin parts.

I can definately mold all the pilot heads in clear resin (cannot confirm color tinting) but it would be easy to color it with food coloring or any of the transparent paints from Tamiya or Mr. Hobby. I can probably offer to have all the head parts paint in clear blue prior to shipping. Should not cost that much more.

Note: I will not recast the GBP hands. Those are way oversised for a regular Valk. The 3 Bad Men Hands are nearly perfect in size (albeit a little smaller than the TV Fat Hands) and will be modified to have the stubs for insertion and the grips modified to hold the gun pod.

If Eternal D gets his DYRL hands into production again, then I will not bother offering these hands as I feel his may be better and less effort is needed to get it going.

Edited by Neova

Does this mean i am being bumped on the offer to cast these?

*see my sig. ;)

371040[/snapback]

I'd say you offer em up like Neova does and people go where they want. First one to get em shrunk to a 1/48 size gets my money, don't want no baseball mits for hands...

Edited by DatterBoy

Does this mean i am being bumped on the offer to cast these?

*see my sig. ;)

371040[/snapback]

I\'d say you offer em up like Neova does and people go where they want. First one to get em shrunk to a 1/48 size gets my money, don\'t want no baseball mits for hands...

373186[/snapback]

Actually, I will be doing exactly the same as Neova. Only difference is, he is handling the Eastern hemisphere and I\'ll do the west.

We\'re still working out a few kinks on this.

• 1 month later...

Looks nice. When you get to the 5 finger articulated version (slimmed down) I would like to see some final pics.

Looks like these would be the ultimate hands to own for a yammie. Considering the Toynami alpha hands were articulated, I wonder if yamato would ever make some of these in future? Even if they are not that detailed they could at least go for a alternator level of posability.