In anticipation of KILL BILL Volume 1 & 2.

UN Spacy

I'll admit to being a fan as far as watching his movies. I've enjoyed all 3 his movies so far. But I would probably be happier never to see him act again. His guest spot in Alias was the worst 2 episodes ever, not to mention 4 rooms and Dusk til Dawn.

What about Little Nicky? I thought his cameo was hilarious.

I'm a sucker for good swordplay, (damn you, Highlander, my poor wallet... :( ) so I'll see it. It'll of course be at my local dollar + a half theature, but hey, it's where I always go.

Gotta agree on the Highlander comment, any movie that manages to work swordplay into a modern environment is cool in my book. Not many movies can do it as well as Highlander though.

I just watched the trailer, looks pretty cool. I'm a little unsure on the mixing of all those different asian cliches, it's weird to see Chinese martial arts stuff and Japanese martial arts stuff thrown together, but seeing as how they've been stealing martial arts from each other for the past 1500 years I suppose it's acceptible.

One thing that does bother me about the trailer, and all of the movies like the Matrix and Charlie's Angels is regular actors who might be physically fit but without any real budo skills doing all these amazing jumps and kicks. Bothered me a lot in Charlie's Angels, not so much in the Matrix. Knowing how fake it is takes away a lot of the wow factor compared to seeing a Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan movie, because Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan actually knew what they were doing. No matter how cool it is so see Neo take on a ton of Agents, seeing Jackie Chan take on four guys while jumping through car windows and protecting the girl is way more exciting because you know it's real. Oh boy, I went off on a tangent there. :)

Gotta agree with Exo on the Tarantino acting thing, rewatching Pulp Fiction I realized how bad he is. Better than a lot of people, but compared to the rest of the cast he looked pretty bad...

I'll admit to being a fan as far as watching his movies.  I've enjoyed all 3 his movies so far.  But I would probably be happier never to see him act again. His guest spot in Alias was the worst 2 episodes ever, not to mention 4 rooms and Dusk til Dawn.

What about Little Nicky? I thought his cameo was hilarious.

I guess I could take him in small doses like cameos. He's a pretty good speaker also. But please, no more big parts for him.

I'll reserve judgement until I actually see Kill Bill, but that AICN article can hardly be called a "review." All Harry does is his usual fanboy gushing, while simultaneously trying to awe us with his knowledge of 70's B-grade movies. I'll wait and see what DarkHorizins.com has to say about it. ;)

Uma?  Lucy?  I wanna see this chick!!!

Apparently she's the personal bodyguard for Lucy's character.

Imagine that? A Japanese schoolgirl as your bodyguard? :lol:

gogoyubari_03.jpg

This is what I like to do with Japanese School girls:

post-26-1065215487.gif

My opinion on this movie just took a turn for the cynical. Take a look at this, just in from Dark Horizons:

Empire Online spoke with Quentin Tarantino at the UK premiere of his sword-swashing epic and he was quite forthcoming on the DVD release of his film - revealing a sort of LOTR style approach will be made for the eventual discs: "I'm thinking about it big time already. I can't imagine a better movie when it comes to great DVD stuff. I'm gonna really play fair as far as the DVD's concerned, you know? We'll come up with separate DVDs for Volume 1 and Volume 2 and I'll do special stuff for each of those. Then we'll come up with a real big version with them both together but I won't repeat the special stuff I put on Volume 1 and Volume 2. I'll do something whole other from that. I might even do some other little movie thing just to go on that special double feature version".

That's right, kids. If you want ALL of the special features, you have to buy ALL of the DVD releases. :angry:

Well, Flip QT.

This movie looks interesting to me anyway............

I didn't really like The One, I think the movies Jet Li made in Hong Kong are better. Lord of the Wu Tang (and I am sure that I've probably spelled wrong) was the first HK kung fu movie that I ever saw. It totally rocked.

Jacki Chan is always fun to watch, but there again, the older stuff is better IMO.

Uma?  Lucy?  I wanna see this chick!!!

Apparently she's the personal bodyguard for Lucy's character.

Imagine that? A Japanese schoolgirl as your bodyguard? :lol:

gogoyubari_03.jpg

This is what I like to do with Japanese School girls:

I'd rather rock them in a different way! :blink:

My opinion on this movie just took a turn for the cynical. Take a look at this, just in from Dark Horizons:
Empire Online spoke with Quentin Tarantino at the UK premiere of his sword-swashing epic and he was quite forthcoming on the DVD release of his film - revealing a sort of LOTR style approach will be made for the eventual discs: "I'm thinking about it big time already. I can't imagine a better movie when it comes to great DVD stuff. I'm gonna really play fair as far as the DVD's concerned, you know? We'll come up with separate DVDs for Volume 1 and Volume 2 and I'll do special stuff for each of those. Then we'll come up with a real big version with them both together but I won't repeat the special stuff I put on Volume 1 and Volume 2. I'll do something whole other from that. I might even do some other little movie thing just to go on that special double feature version".

That's right, kids. If you want ALL of the special features, you have to buy ALL of the DVD releases. :angry:

I was kind of expecting more than 2 DVD releases per volume actually. I was hoping for a dual package set that included everything for a late 2004-2005 release and was willing to wait. However, this quote of his does upset me! Reminds me of when Fat Pete (Peter Jackson) said he was thinking to do another DVD release for each LoTR film and include other extras, specials and deleted scenes not contained in the extended versions. This raping of fans' wallets via DVDs has gone too far! It's worse when the directors openly admit to it! :angry:

Tarantino is alright. hes no Kevin Smith. but i will be checking this one out. looks pretty sweet.

Gee, are yah sure, then again, Smith is no Quentin Tarantino :D . I am a big Quentin Tarantino , thats why I am seeing this flick. I have not been dissappointed yet. Besides, I have not seen Daryl Hannah in a movie for awhile.

saw it. fight scnes where cool. decent anime clip. go see it

ali

How was the anime clip? Was it incorporated into the movie or part of a preview for Volume Two? Could you tell it was Production IG's work? B)

saw it.  fight scnes where cool.  decent anime clip. go see it

ali

How was the anime clip? Was it incorporated into the movie or part of a preview for Volume Two? Could you tell it was Production IG's work? B)

i liked it.

it was very well icnorperated into th efilm and yes it was produced by them

ali

Tarantino is alright. hes no Kevin Smith. but i will be checking this one out. looks pretty sweet.

Gee, are yah sure, then again, Smith is no Quentin Tarantino :D . I am a big Quentin Tarantino , thats why I am seeing this flick. I have not been dissappointed yet. Besides, I have not seen Daryl Hannah in a movie for awhile.

don't get me wrong. i like tarantino. but i also really like smith. hes done good stuff. both on film and elsewhere. i am looking forward to this though.

Smiley424 said...

All I have to say is that the previews of this movie with the homage to Game of Death Bruce Lee, plus recently seeing what Game of Death was supposed to be as a movie makes me want to get a bright-ass yellow track suit (no way I can pull off the spandex).

Dude, that was nearly word for word exactly what I was going to say, except that I'm not particularly thinking of getting that suit for myself :lol: Still, I think the tribute to Game Of Death is pretty cool.

Not a huge Tarantino fan, but Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction were pretty good flicks anyway.

I just got back from Kll Bill. It was an great Movie. A Very different sort of film from Tarantino, but similar to his other works. I loved the Rza's score. The fight scenes were great, the violence(good ole Ultraviolence). I loved his little homage to the 5 deadly venoms. BTW I didn't know that Chang Cheh and Lo Lieh were both deceased. :(:(:(:( I'm gonna have to pour outta little L for them.