In anticipation of KILL BILL Volume 1 & 2.

UN Spacy

I know the movie won't be out for another week. But I've been hearing that Volume 2 of KILL BILL (which is due the first quarter of 2004) is going to feature anime. Do you guys know how much anime is going to be featured? Is it going to follow Uma Thurman's character? Well? B)

hehe, just kidding...  I'm just waiting for all the Taratino bashers to appear.

Tarantino sucks! There, are you happy now? :D No seriously, I liked Pulp Fiction but I still think he's a wee bit overrated. Relying on 70's retro can only get you so far. The best thing I've heard about Kill Bill so far is how overwhelmingly violent it is, which is not a bad thing per se, but I hope there's more to it that hack 'n' slash.

But we can't deny the appeal of Uma and Lucy weilding katanas, can we?

Edited by bsu legato

I don't know why people get so hot for Lucy, there are more attractive asian actressess out there. However Uma, she is pretty hot.

Tarnteno is overrated, yes his movies are good, but not that good, not good enough to worship him. All the scenes I've seen of this movie don't get me fired up nearly as much as any clip from Crouching Tiger or Drunken master. Crouching Tiger was finally how a martial arts story should be told, not more cheesey pop anime inspired ninja crap, we already have the matrix. Can't the genre be taken seriously? Lone wolf and cub movie?

Mixing animation into a live action movie never works, never, I point to Tank girl and that Bill Murry/Chris Rock piece of trash who's name escapes me. Don't feed me pop culture and fancy razmataze, create it. Dammit, too many movies suck these days.

I point to Tank girl and that Bill Murry/Chris Rock piece of trash who's name escapes me.

Osmosis Jones... which blew.

I don't know what to think about this movie. I loved Reservoir Dogs, I liked Pulp Fiction and I thought Jackie Brown was eehhh OK... I'll go see Kill Bill part 1 and decide if part 2 is worth seeing.

i think this movie is comming out a couple of years too late, i mean back in 98'-99' i would be like "whoa that looks cool" but now after a crap loads of martial arts movies im like "oh god another movie with asians screaming "KIA!!" sounding like their tring to pass a kidney stone really turns me off from seeing this movie.

p.s. i do really think its funny how david carridine(kung fu) is in the movie, i think he plays the main bad guy or something im not sure.

Edited by Murphy

i think this movie is comming out a couple of years too late, i mean back in 98'-99' i would be like "whoa that looks cool" but now after a crap loads of martial arts movies im like "oh god another movie with asians screaming "KIA!!" sounding like their tring to pass a kidney stone really turns me off from seeing this movie.

p.s. i do really think its funny how david carridine(kung fu) is in the movie, i think he plays the main bad guy or something im not sure.

Is that what you think it is? Just something that's wannabe Azn to look cool? Uma and Tarantino have been working on this film since they filmed Pulp Fiction!

why yes that is what i think, except for the part you said "Just something that's wannabe Azn to look cool" i could care less if it was asian or not, im just saying that martail arts movies are getting old and hollywood should move on

i think this movie is comming out a couple of years too late,  i mean back in 98'-99' i would be like "whoa that looks cool" but now after a crap loads of martial arts movies im like "oh god another movie with asians screaming "KIA!!" sounding like their tring to pass a kidney stone really turns me off from seeing this movie.

Is that what you think it is? Just something that's wannabe Azn to look cool? Uma and Tarantino have been working on this film since they filmed Pulp Fiction!

Actually they've talked about the idea for Kill Bill on the set of Pulp Fiction, but Taratino didn't get serious about it and sit down to write the script until fairly recently, when Uma reminded him about the idea.

Actually they've talked about the idea for Kill Bill on the set of Pulp Fiction, but Taratino didn't get serious about it and sit down to write the script until fairly recently, when Uma reminded him about the idea.

I know. I'm just saying it's not something he came up with in 1999 when martial arts became "in" in Hollywood. The concept of it existe dlong before Hollywood seemingly went with martial arts madness.

I don't know why people get so hot for Lucy, there are more attractive asian actressess out there. However Uma, she is pretty hot.

Right. They should've used Tera Patrick. Of course, we couldn't have the villain looking better than Uma....

why yes that is what i think, except for the part you said "Just something that's wannabe Azn to look cool" i could care less if it was asian or not, im just saying that martail arts movies are getting old and hollywood should move on

Seeing as how martial arts movies have been around for about 60 years, I doubt they'll stop any time soon. The rebirth of martial arts movies (or should we say the birth of Matrix-rip offs) were largely because of the popularity of the Matrix, which in itself was just a slight modernization of techniques use in Hong Kong cinema for a couple of decades.

Jackie Chan's crap-tastic American movies certainly didn't help, nor did Jet Li's. <_<

But Police Story is still amazing, gimme that over anything made in the past five years.

Seeing as how martial arts movies have been around for about 60 years, I doubt they'll stop any time soon. The rebirth of martial arts movies (or should we say the birth of Matrix-rip offs) were largely because of the popularity of the Matrix, which in itself was just a slight modernization of techniques use in Hong Kong cinema for a couple of decades.

Jackie Chan's crap-tastic American certainly didn't help, nor did Jet Li's. <_<

But Police Story is still amazing, gimme that over anything made in the past five years.

Amen! Though I did like Shanghai Noon and The One, I rather see Police Story or Fist of Legend before it.

Martial Arts will never fade away. Believe that.

I can't wait to see Kill Bill. Tarantino is a true fan of the Genre. His knowledge of Martial Arts films is really impressive. He isn't some Hollywood hack that knows nothing of the genre attempting to capitalize on the popularity of martial arts movies. So I have no concerns about him making a quality film. So temper your criticisms a little bit. I'd rather have a fan of the subject matter making a film of the source material than someone who knows little to nothing about it. The fact that Gordon Liu is playing ( Tarantino isn't without a sense of irony) Pei Mei is reason alone to see this film. Part of the film was also shot at the old Shaw Bros Studio in Hong Kong. I really hope he used the temple steps seen in Executioner from Shaolin.

Jackie Chan's crap-tastic American        certainly didn't help, nor did Jet Li's.  <_<

Amen! Though I did like Shanghai Noon and The One, I rather see Police Story or Fist of Legend before it.

Martial Arts will never fade away. Believe that.

And I liked Kiss of the Dragon! But my favorite Jet Li was High Risk. I think there's an R1 floating around under the name "Meltdown," but I have a Chinese DVD, so I'm not sure.

I'll go watch it, not because its a Tarantino film or because it appears to have tons of fighting in it. Just because it has a bunch of Katana wielding schoolgirls. ;):) Plus I wanna go see a good revenge movie.

So no guns? :(

I really enjoyed Reservoir Dogs. I like Pulp Fiction but though it was WAY overrated. The short in Four Rooms was decent because of Tim Roth and the wager was over a 64 Malibu (it was Travolta's car in Pulp Fiction too) but I thought Tarantino was annoying as hell. Jackie Brown was marginal at best. Yeah I'll see Kill Bill, but I'm not expecting much. And yes, I think he's a decent director, but not as "amazing" as people make him out to be. He just knows what movie elements to "borrow" and he'll openly admit that nothing he does is "revolutionary" or original, just cool.

I'll admit to being a fan as far as watching his movies. I've enjoyed all 3 his movies so far. But I would probably be happier never to see him act again. His guest spot in Alias was the worst 2 episodes ever, not to mention 4 rooms and Dusk til Dawn.