Hikaru Is Pathetic

The White Comet

The guy is a country bumpkin that flew around in the air circus. His best friend was Roy and he hadn't seen him since the beginning of the war... he's lucky he didnt turn out gay. As soon as he hit that runway on S. Ataria, he was on a mad pimp ride for the the cute chinese girl shaking her ass.

Or was he looking at the little kid? hmmm... :unsure:

In RT Hikaru is definately a wimp and it takes him forever

(going off memory) to get his act together I dont see the

batman/robin complex here between him and Roy. Hikarus

just so naive in RT. In DYRL he already in the UN Spacy forces

and is more commanding even if a little young. And in Macross

he sounds older and acts a bit mor mature.

But if I was trapped with a very pretty up and coming singer

for a 12 days somethings bound to happen. :p

Seriously... Hikaru's not doing too shabby. I mean, how many of us honestly think that even if we were to be trapped for a few days with, say, an up and coming Britney Spears or whoever you fancy, would really stand much of a chance?

Not to mention that he didn't even need to be trapped with Misa for something to happen. He only needed to act like a general jerk around her and get her to nearly kill him.

I would have ordered Minmay to be my sexual slave for 2 weeks on board the Macross whilst trapped. A copy of Kama Sutra is bound to be somewhere on the Macross. I mean, c'mon, along with the 50,000 some people that somehow moved into the Macross, there's gotta be a copy of this book somewhere in that place.

Then I'd kill her and hide her body in the giant fish's head.

Then when people asked what happened to her, I'll explain that the fish ate her, "There's always a bigger fish".

NO WITNESSES.

No, I'm not sadistic.

Yes, I'd prefer Misa.

Oh good! The "Hikaru is a loser! Whereas I am a perfect example of a charming, swingin' heterosexual male over whom all women swoon" thread! It's been a while!

H

Wasn't he 16 at the beginning of the show??? Shoot, over half the guys I knew in high school were more pathetic than he was. At least he eventually schlongs both girls in the end (Misa in DYRL and Minmay in SDF).

Seriously, not many guys I knew were very good at getting girls when they were 16... well, unless they dealt drugs.

he's lucky he didnt turn out gay

Don't we have to follow that with the mandatory "Not that there's anything wrong with that" just in case any male cosplayers... er... i mean homosexuals are reading this?

My 2 cents, yes, Rick is a bit dorkier than Hikaru, but even if we are just talking about Hikaru, I always found him annoying. Both Rick and Hikaru have a tendency to say things that just make you smack your head and go "Why?" I think I really liked both The Macross Saga (originally) and Macross in spite of Rick or Hikaru. Don't even get me started on either of the Minmays...

Has anyone ever thought about how sad Hikaru is when it comes to getting girls? I mean the only way he can get girls to fall in love with him is to be trapped alone with them for long periods of time. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.

365598[/snapback]

A LOT better than me anyway :lol::huh::(

Seriously... Hikaru's not doing too shabby.  I mean, how many of us honestly think that even if we were to be trapped for a few days with, say, an up and coming Britney Spears or whoever you fancy, would really stand much of a chance?

365619[/snapback]

That's a trick question. Britney has such appallingly low standards that even the lamest fanboy on these or any other boards could score with her. :lol:

BSU has a point there. But really the best way to get to know someone is to spend time with them, so being stuck with someone for any extended period of time allows a certain kinship to form. Just becuase hikaru can't pull a fonzi and get women at the snap of his fingers doesn't make him pathetic, it makes him human.

And curse you Deathhammer now I have that stupid song stuck in my head.

Edited by Knight26

Just becuase hikaru can't pull a fonzi and get women at the snap of his fingers doesn't make him pathetic, it makes him human.

365710[/snapback]

That is pretty well said IMO :)

365712[/snapback]

Hikaru can't girls because that's how the writers portrayed him....As for Scott Baio/Charles in Charge, at least he got to spank Pamela Anderson when she was a fresh young thing...

Has anyone ever thought about how sad Hikaru is when it comes to getting girls? I mean the only way he can get girls to fall in love with him is to be trapped alone with them for long periods of time. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.

365598[/snapback]

It gave everyone here something to relate with. HAHAHAHAHA

I would have ordered Minmay to be my sexual slave for 2 weeks on board the Macross whilst trapped.  A copy of Kama Sutra is bound to be somewhere on the Macross.  I mean, c'mon, along with the 50,000 some people that somehow moved into the Macross, there's gotta be a copy of this book somewhere in that place.

Then when people asked what happened to her, I'll explain that the fish ate her, "There's always a bigger fish".

NO WITNESSES.

No, I'm not sadistic. 

Yes, I'd prefer Misa.

365621[/snapback]

Man, I know you're joking, but that's pretty scary.

A joke is a one-liner. THAT was a manifesto for a perverse sexual predator with homocidal tendencies...

Edited by myk

I would have ordered Minmay to be my sexual slave for 2 weeks on board the Macross whilst trapped.  A copy of Kama Sutra is bound to be somewhere on the Macross.  I mean, c'mon, along with the 50,000 some people that somehow moved into the Macross, there's gotta be a copy of this book somewhere in that place.

NO WITNESSES.

No, I'm not sadistic. 

Yes, I'd prefer Misa.

365621[/snapback]

Man, I know you're joking, but that's pretty scary.

365767[/snapback]

No kidding. It also explains his other post in the digimon thread, Must be getting cabin fever living in canada after all. :lol:

IMO Hikaru was not pathetic, he just wasn't experienced as Roy and he certainly lacked the confidence. But in spite of these shortcomings, he was an average teen who was forced to quickly mature into an adult. I honestly doubt any one of us would have done any different or better than he if we were in his situation with either Minmay or Misa. More importantly as we all know, Minmay was his first true female love, second only to his love for flying. Think back to all the boneheaded things we all did when we were young just in the pursuit for love. Ah the memories... :lol: When you view Hikaru in a balanced perspective, he really was not pathetic or a wuss. Just my two cents.

Just becuase hikaru can't pull a fonzi and get women at the snap of his fingers doesn't make him pathetic, it makes him human.

365710[/snapback]

That is pretty well said IMO :)

365712[/snapback]

Hikaru can't girls because that's how the writers portrayed him....As for Scott Baio/Charles in Charge, at least he got to spank Pamela Anderson when she was a fresh young thing...

365760[/snapback]

Baio porked Pam? Serious? Whoah! :o Way to go Scotty! :lol:

If I were Minmay I would have knocked out Hikaru, tied him up, and tortured him to death in his sleep.

But hey, that's just me. :D

365916[/snapback]

Which explains my reasoning of my post.

STRIKE FIRST

Also, what Digimon?

Edited by Spatula

Hikaru was sort of the classic 'Nice Guy With Bad Luck And Big Chaci Hair' Lead characters were different in the 80s. You gotta remember this was back when Charles In Charge was the height of sitcom sophistication.

365668[/snapback]

Certainly you can't equate nice guy/bad luck with big hair in the 80s. Just look at these lady killers sporting Hikaru-sized hair dos...

Ok, must purge hard drive now.

post-3171-1138915224.jpg

post-3171-1138915231.jpg

post-3171-1138915248_thumb.jpg

Edited by ghostryder

Hikaru never boned minmay. After they kiss in the Christmas episode it shows him sleeping on the couch. The guys got no game. He had it in the bag that night and he screwed it up somehow. She was walking around with no pants for christs sake. What other signals does he need?

366026[/snapback]

No, he was sleeping on the couch the first night Minmay came over (an emotional wreck). The Xmas dinner was later. So, he didn't take advantage of her when she was vunerable, he waited for here wash his dishes, clean his place, and make him dinner - you notice that in DYRL, he bones Misa only after she shows her feminine domestic side. Growing up essentially an orphan, you can see how he would be attracted to women who can take care of him at the homefront.

Not trying to say he was a stud, just getting facts straight

Maybe part of why Macross is popular is because it gives hope to average guys that they can get hot girls too. Hikaru is a character every guy can relate to in one way or another.

366217[/snapback]

Then everyone here can relate or live thru the show Scrubs... damn Zach Braff gets all kinds of chicks on that show.