Have you guys saved up for the Monster yet?

91WhiskeyM6

I need to know what I'll be getting for my money first! No confirmation on materials, gimmicks or cost so far. Trying very hard to keep my expectations low - less to WHINE about if it sucks.

I agree with Drifand...

The pics of the completed prototype (whenever they show up) better knock me to the floor. For me to shell out $400 plus for one single toy, it better be exemplary.

Don't worry though, it's not even slated for release until next year, and we all know how diligent Yamato is when it comes to their production schedule. :rolleyes: .

I for one hope it takes them a LONG time to complete, that way, we may get a better toy, and we will all have more time to save up.

Of course, given the size of this thing, I would not be surprised if it becomes one of those "Japan Only" type of deals.

The monster is my all time favorite mecha from Macross (though after seeing a Thunder Hummer, I'm not sure).

Anyway, as long as it has good detail and is true to the anime, I will cough up whatever I need to in order to get it. Of course, my wife may then ask me to move out, but I think a failed marriage and no place to live is a small price to pay for such Yamato goodness. Besides, at 1/60 scale, I can just sleep in the cockpit .... :p

Since there has been little info lately, I am beginning to wonder if the 1/60 Monster will ever be produced. The true question is how many people in Japan are going to buy something like that. Since there can be no variants, Yamato would have to sell a lot of them to recover costs. I just don't see the logic in this product and wouldn't be surprised if Yamato cancels it.

I think it was conceived more as a specialy item, like the helmet, hence the hefty price tag. Not as special since the release wasn't going to be as limited as the helmet. Just my best guess...

And no I haven't saved up. I can't even afford to buy new tires for my truck, I'm running on 3 wheels right now. :(

I'm not a big enough fan of the monster to justify the cost. I can't control myself when it comes to Valks, but I don't think I'll have a problem passing on this one.

Any folks remember the big hooha over the SOC Dancouga? That thing weighed 1.1kg with 30 parts in diecast for 4 over-engineered multi-form combiner robots (and a crap neck joint). Cost? About $200 to $250 depending on your breaks. That will be my personal gauge for value when the pricing and details for the 1/60 Monster are released.

Any folks remember the big hooha over the SOC Dancouga? That thing weighed 1.1kg with 30 parts in diecast for 4 over-engineered multi-form combiner robots (and a crap neck joint). Cost? About $200 to $250 depending on your breaks. That will be my personal gauge for value when the pricing and details for the 1/60 Monster are released.

I can't tell, did you like the Dancouga? I had thought you did a review on it. Overall I was pleased with it, but thats just me.

As for the Monster, I need more information, until then there are just too many other items to justify right now, more 1/48's, Q-rau, etc, not to mention Optimus and a couple alternators.

Yes, I do like the Big Dan - the neck problem was a minor irritant because it only fell out if you put the toy thru gymnastics. The styling and construction was first class! It WAS overpriced though, mainly because Bandai seemed to have held back production numbers to frustrate the discount sellers in HK and elsewhere from "devaluing" the MSRP. In truth, it should have sold for about $150+. Still, it is the biggest ticket item I've paid for in recent times, so it'll be a gauge for me. :-)

I would really like to get the Monster myself... But I hope they make the other Destroids in 1/60 too. That would be a selling point for me being the completist that I am.... :)

I'll probably just put that one on the credit card and pay it off in chunks. :lol:

I'll probably skip the monster. Too much money for a single toy. With the 1/48 VF-1J, 1/48 FP, 20th ann. Optimus Prime and some older Mospeada & Macross stuff I'm trying to get, there's no cash left over.

Plus I'm saving up for one of these (and if I can get that top, that'd be sweet!)

foderabeast_full.jpg

i've saved this so far....

$50- monster, $10 a week

$50- q-rau, $10 a week

$100- for the VF-1J w/FP, $20 a week

$200 for 2 more low-viz...gotta have a 1S and 1J, $20 a week

i'm gonna be trying to score 2 sets of TV FP's that comes with the 1J's.

i'll probably try and trade a reg. FP for the TV FP's. hopefuly some of you will hate the TV fp's and wanna trade up for the reg FP's w/strike cannon. :)

whats really killing me is my other hobby...star wars lego. :( they just released a bunch of new sets and some old ones that totals $700- or so. :o

safe to say my christmas bonus is going to a nice vacation or more toys....which ever i want/need more at the time. :p:lol:

Nope! Not interested in a 1/60 Scale Monster.

Too big, very unpractical both space and price wise. I'm not too big a collector to spend approx P30,000 of my currency on it. If I had that much money, I'd spend it getting the toys I missed and some new ones (like SOC's, Yammies, GITS toys, 20th Anniv Prime, Getter G's, etc)

Maybe if they made a 1/100 or a 1/144 Monster. Maybe.

Nope. When I get a house, maybe I'll set aside a little extra for whatever 1/60 monsters are going for those days. In the meantime, the only monster I'm likely to devote funds/space toward is a paper monster. And those look pretty nice! Plus, they're available in any scale you like...

MW paper monster topic

I will get one each of any other major mecha/fighter families (Glaug, Regult, Q-Rau, N-Ger, Gnerl, Destroids x 4) in 1/60, if Yamato makes them and keeps the cost under control.

Too big and too expensive for me. 1/48's are about as high as I can go, and that's pushing it. Have 2 of those, and will probably only buy new LE's after these two. The monster would just kill too much space for one item.

Waiting for the Q-Rau, after that no more original / DYRL toys for me :huh:

Monster costs toooooo much $$$$$ and take toooooooo much place, would rather have something usefull for that size :angry:

Spelling :rolleyes:

Edited by NoSuchFile

They really should have made the normal destroids before they made the monster, i think yamato is loosing perspective on what people want. We want our frickin SDF1 before a monster, thats where the effort should be placed. I know this isn't macross, but it is yamato based ,when da Votom's coming?

Edited by GobotFool