Custom Paint Schemes And Our Old Favorites

agr33

Very nice.

I agree, it's always nice to see non-canon paint schemes.

Graham

353533[/snapback]

you didn't say that about my non-cannon paint schemes... or was that because half the toy was spawn parts :rolleyes:

I like the green... I might have to do that to a few of my toys now...

plagerism is the highest form of flattery :rolleyes:

Edited by kanata67

yeah the VF-1D is a trainer, but from what i understand the designation "B" has always meant "bomber"

so i think the VF-0B is a bomber of some kind in the macross universe, while the vf-0D is the actual trainer in macross zero.

hey, maybe it would be interesting to make a VF-0D in the VF-1D paint scheme :D

i may just do that instead. ;)

c'mon guys please post some of your collections <_<:D

yeah the VF-1D is a trainer, but from what i understand the designation "B" has always meant "bomber"

Wasn't there an official explanation for the purpose of the VF-0D that had nothing to do with conversion training? I think it had to do with reconnaissance/strike instead (like the F-15E)

Traditionally, the first version of anything is called "A", the next "B" etc. For aircraft with twin-seat models being developed concurrently with the baseline singleseaters, this usually means that single- and twin seaters alternate through the alphabet.

Then there are the exceptions made for "special" versions, most often exports. For instance, an "I" version of a US fighter is usually made for Israel, a "J" is a Japanese version, "K" and "M" (IIRC) are associated with the UK, etc.

With that in mind, I'm inclined to believe the VF-0A came first, with the "S" being a direct development and the "B" being a conversion trainer. The "D" is a strike variant, and the "C" is a cancelled version of some sort, possibly a single-seater "D"... Or just something no one ever got around to drawing, but that's there in the background.

Does any of this make sense?

SP

The only question I have about the VF-0 Max Custom is why is the stripe behind the cockpit black instead of blue?

It is a Max Custom after all... ;)

BTW, damn fine work on all the schemes!

Edited by Zinjo