Superman Returns

Mr March

I sure as hell hope Lois Lane's kid ain't Supes from back in II where they made out. Cause that would just blow. I can just imagine it. Supes is in trouble and calls out to his son to search for his Krytonian roots and get super strength to save daddy.

vinnie

I'm having flashbacks, with fans screaming "Small hands!  Small hands!" :)

396848[/snapback]

I don't think you appreciate the gravity of this development. The shade of blue used on Supes' tights was bad enough, but this..."Squintgate" could very well be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Singer has nothing but contempt for everybody else on the planet!!! He eats babies! And, I hear, he has a dragon.

I'm having flashbacks, with fans screaming "Small hands!  Small hands!" :)

396848[/snapback]

I don't think you appreciate the gravity of this development. The shade of blue used on Supes' tights was bad enough, but this..."Squintgate" could very well be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Singer has nothing but contempt for everybody else on the planet!!! He eats babies! And, I hear, he has a dragon.

396872[/snapback]

Damn you bsu! I fell off my chair when I read "Squintgate" :):):)

Cheeky bastard...I'm insanely jealous! :)

• 3 weeks later...
I sure as hell hope Lois Lane's kid ain't Supes from back in II where they made out. Cause that would just blow. I can just imagine it. Supes is in trouble and calls out to his son to search for his Krytonian roots and get super strength to save daddy.

vinnie

396867[/snapback]

**SPOILER AHEAD**

You better not go watch the movie then.....

Superman doesnt squint he may give a glare or a "look" and when flying he why should squint nothing fazes him.

now whats with the - slung belly - c'mon man your superman not a rubber band sagging in the middle. I still cant get over their choice for the part.

Spacey works well i'd like to see more of him in the 2nd trailer though

edit : Reeves Rules as Superman

Edited by Macross73

Routh does much better as Supes when he narrows his eyes a bit... there were a few shots and angles where he really felt and looked the part.  And no, steely narrowing ain't the same as squinting. =P

401295[/snapback]

I guess narrowing his eyes is better than this

flyingnm0156vm.jpg

I guess narrowing his eyes is better than this

Routh is still no Reeves. Reeves can do no wrong by me.

If I wasn't clear enough, I'd meant to say that the narrowing he does at the end of the second trailer isn't the same as the squinting he does in the shot you posted earlier.

*Cues bsu's fanboy attack for still talking about this.*

396867[/snapback]

Wow, James Marsden just got shafted left and right this summer didn't he?

• 2 weeks later...

I just met up with a friend who runs AMC Theatres in Century City, and he told me that he just read some advanced reviews for Superman Returns. And they're not good. One review said it's nothing but a chick flick. Another said it has a horrible script with terrible acting by Routh and Spacey.

Regardless of this, I'm still checking it out when it premieres two weeks from now.

In celebration of Superman Returns, Pepsi is holding a sweepstakes. Find the code on specially-marked Pepsi products and enter it online at the URL below for a chance to win...

Pepsi - Superman Returns

405590[/snapback]

But a million dollars doesn't have the worth that it did when Christopher Reeves first played Superman. I say Pepsi should make the main prize for...

thumb_dr.evil.jpg

One Hundred BILLION Dollars!!! :D

I've read all the reviews provided in the link. Superman Returns sounds exactly as I thought: a good film that I'll enjoy, but something noticably short of great. I'm eager to see it for myself, but I'm going in with "X-Men 3 expectations" on this one. If I'm hoping it will be Spider-Man, X-Men 1-2, or Batman Begins, I might be too disappointed to be objective :)

A friend of mine made a great point, how does Clark Kent AND Superman disappear for the exact five years and not have anyone notice... not even the investigative reporters he works with. One of them maybe the mother to his child. Should I go on?

11 clips from the movie, courtesy of IESB.net.

http://www.iesb.net/warnerbros2006/061306.php

409183[/snapback]

Oh yeah I saw that a couple of days ago... you'd think with a $350 million budget, one of the writers would know that Prometheus wasn't a god, but a titan that stole fire from the gods. I mean the whole point of the story was that he took something FROM THE GODS...

Edited by >EXO<

A friend of mine made a great point, how does Clark Kent AND Superman disappear for the exact five years and not have anyone notice... not even the investigative reporters he works with.  One of them maybe the mother to his child.  Should I go on?

409185[/snapback]

In the movie, Clark goes on a sabatical..or what Jimmy calls, "soul searching". The movie should expand on it more though.

Pretty much more of the same as far as reviews. I avoided the spoiler filled two (I like to remain in the dark until curtain time), but it sounds pretty much like I expected, with one or two reviews trying to pass the film off as the be-all-end-all of film :)