The Xbox 360 Thread!

Controller evolution essentially stopped dead in its tracks with the SNES. Any new changes are either haphazardly glued-on extensions of the SNES pad or mocked by the market until they are abandoned.

378827[/snapback]

I dunno about that. The new Revolution controller is looking mighty innovative to mine uneducated eyes.

The nice thing about the PS2 design was that it didn't scream 'HI! I'M A GAME CONSOLE!' so it fit in everywhere. It made looking inconspiculous part of its own look. Every other console, whether by necessary internal design or desire to be bold and unique looking, has had a very 'look at me!' appearance, which does detract from even the most aesthetically pleasing of designs.

Semi-off topic (since it's not an XBox360 game), take a look at the 31:00 minute mark or so of the latest Gamespot 'On the Spot' video. It's a Korean game called 'Come on Baby!' and it's some kind of zany infant olympics. If you've played any amount of Asian arcade/video games before, you've probably come across similar goofiness, but it still makes me wish someone would just license a bunch of these and sell them over here. There's gotta be a market for crazy Asian games and it would enable that market not to have to mod their consoles or buy a native-country version to play. Heck, aside from stuff necessary to understand something, most of these games can even get by with the half-Engrish they use...and might even add to the appeal.

JB0, I simply disagree with you. Granted, I never owned a Saturn, so I don't have much hands-on experience with it. But in the interim between Dead or Alive and the new games that are just now starting to trickle out, I hooked up my old Xbox to play some Mercenaries and some Star Wars Battlefront II. And I am firmly convinced that 360 has a much better controller.

1. Double shoulder buttons.

ALWAYS a bad idea. Period. End of story. I hate you, Sony.

Disagree. An extra set of shoulder buttons is preferable to six face buttons. The only thing six face buttons has ever been good for is Street Fighter. The black and white buttons had some uses, but on both the large and the small, they were kind of in the way. Moving them to the shoulders gets them out of the way. And, I'm sure David would agree with me on this one, four shoulder buttons is essential for games like Ace Combat and would have really helped on Air Force Delta Storm. Plus, retaining the analog triggers strikes a balance between having shoulder buttons and having the triggers. There are some games, like fighting games, where I'd rather have buttons than triggers. Microsoft managed to design a pad where both the triggers and the buttons are in easy reach without having getting in the way of each other.

2. Orphaning start in the middle of the controller.

Pause should always be readily accessible, and the only controllers to get this right in the modern era are the Genesis and XBox1. This is, perhaps, the greatest crime perpetrated by the NES*.

*sarcasm* Ah, yes, it was so much better craning my thumb at an odd angle to reach the start button on the S. And while it was hard to miss the giant start button of the three button Genesis pad, it was back in the middle on the six button pad.

Meanwhile, you don't have have to lift your thumb to hit the start button on the 360 controller. Just slide it a little off of the X button.

Not to mention that the 360 pad is much more ergonomic. And I was big fan of the S pad. I liked it much better than Sony's Dual Sh*t controller (although Logitech makes an awfully comfy pad for the PS2). But after playing with the 360 controller, then going back to the S, the S just feels a little off. The 360 controller feels perfectly designed to fit in your hands, but the S just feels almost perfect. My pinky aren't actually resting on the controller.

Over G picked up for US release

Over G, the newest Xbox 360 installment of Taito's popular PS2 Energy Air Force series, has been picked up by Ubisoft for a US release.

Ace Combat Zero next month, Over G in June... we had to wait forever after Ace Combat 4 to get a good air combat game, and now it looks like we'll be getting two over the next three months, and it's barely been more than a year since Ace Combat 5.

Controller evolution essentially stopped dead in its tracks with the SNES. Any new changes are either haphazardly glued-on extensions of the SNES pad or mocked by the market until they are abandoned.

378827[/snapback]

I dunno about that. The new Revolution controller is looking mighty innovative to mine uneducated eyes.

378921[/snapback]

Remains to be seen if it will be accepted.

I'm hoping it will.

JB0, I simply disagree with you. Granted, I never owned a Saturn, so I don't have much hands-on experience with it. But in the interim between Dead or Alive and the new games that are just now starting to trickle out, I hooked up my old Xbox to play some Mercenaries and some Star Wars Battlefront II. And I am firmly convinced that 360 has a much better controller.

Perhaps if I get more playtime on it my opinion will change. As is, I'm suitably unimpressed.

1. Double shoulder buttons.

ALWAYS a bad idea. Period. End of story. I hate you, Sony.

Disagree. An extra set of shoulder buttons is preferable to six face buttons. The only thing six face buttons has ever been good for is Street Fighter. The black and white buttons had some uses, but on both the large and the small, they were kind of in the way. Moving them to the shoulders gets them out of the way. And, I'm sure David would agree with me on this one, four shoulder buttons is essential for games like Ace Combat and would have really helped on Air Force Delta Storm. Plus, retaining the analog triggers strikes a balance between having shoulder buttons and having the triggers. There are some games, like fighting games, where I'd rather have buttons than triggers. Microsoft managed to design a pad where both the triggers and the buttons are in easy reach without having getting in the way of each other.

I've seen a FEW uses for dual triggers. Most would have been better accomodated on face buttons that weren't there, or a right analog stick that the developers were afraid to touch.

The ONLY game I've played where I thought dual shoulder buttons was actually beneficial was Robot Alchemic Drive.

Personally speaking, I've found the 6-button layout is just better most of the time. The buttons are more tightly-spaced so I'm not reaching as far, and high-button control setups usually feel more intuitive.

Even within a 4-button limitation, there's better things to do than the diamond. See the GameCube layout(which is, perhaps coincidentally, the 3/3 layout with missing corners).

2. Orphaning start in the middle of the controller.

Pause should always be readily accessible, and the only controllers to get this right in the modern era are the Genesis and XBox1. This is, perhaps, the greatest crime perpetrated by the NES*.

*sarcasm* Ah, yes, it was so much better craning my thumb at an odd angle to reach the start button on the S. And while it was hard to miss the giant start button of the three button Genesis pad, it was back in the middle on the six button pad.

I never said the XBox pad was perfect. Just that it was on the right track.

And believe me, I'm WELL aware that Sega moved start back to the center. It's part of why I have a 3-button pad hooked up(the other being that the larger one fits my hands better).

Meanwhile, you don't have have to lift your thumb to hit the start button on the 360 controller. Just slide it a little off of the X button.

So you're out of the action less time than usual. You still have to take your thumb off the action buttons. It's just stupid.

The XBox S pad had you lifting off the directionals, which is usually a lesser evil. But as you said, it's hard to hit.

IDEA! Wire up a motion sensor, so you just shake the pad really hard to pause! :)

Not to mention that the 360 pad is much more ergonomic. And I was big fan of the S pad. I liked it much better than Sony's Dual Sh*t controller (although Logitech makes an awfully comfy pad for the PS2). But after playing with the 360 controller, then going back to the S, the S just feels a little off. The 360 controller feels perfectly designed to fit in your hands, but the S just feels almost perfect. My pinky aren't actually resting on the controller.

I think my favorite DualShock replacement was an Interact "Dual Impact." Horribly designed pad from an internal standpoint(I popped it open when it died, hoping I could fix it), but it fit my hands comfortably and played nicely until it failed(not perfectly, though. Thumbsticks had too much play, and fell to rest outside dead zones in some games).

I'll have to grab the Logitech pad some time.

I'd still have rather seen MS try to fix the XBox S pad than hack the XBox triggers onto a generic DualShock layout.

Best pad ever: Early US version of the Saturn's. I compare all others to it. Strange how sucky the DC's is, especially compared to the NiGHTS controller, which it evolved from.

A key feature of the Saturn pad is the shoulder buttons are not really separate buttons--they are simply the edge of the controller. Kind of like how an SNES's wrapped around the edge, you could hit them at many angles. But even better.

Now, I like the Dual Shock 2 more than most, but I simply am not COMFORTABLE using all 4 shoulder buttons. L1/R1 are the primary ones, and I'm not too fond of ever using L2/R2 for anything frequent/precise. So yes they work for rudders, but not much else. I sure wouldn't ever want them linked to jump or shoot or anything else that requires dexterity/timing. If you ever see me online (AC6 hopefully), it's clear I favor certain throttle/rudder combinations, due to shoulder button layout.

Note to self: Find a 360 by June.

The problem with 6 buttons is alignment. While the Saturn's rocks, you don't want to play MegaMan X4 on it, because special weapon and dash are not equidistant from jump, and buster shot is WAY out there. No way around it. Now, the real purpose and specialty of the Saturn is Capcom and SNK 2D fighters, so 6-buttons rock at that. You've gotta have "2 rows of 3" for fighting games, but I can't help but think either a pentagon (with the 6th button in the middle) or a hexagon might be superior to the 4-button diamond.

Button combos: 4-button diamond can do square+X very easily and instantly, but then again, triangle+X or square+circle are impossible without moving your entire hand just to hit them. 6 buttons in 2 rows can do many combos easily:

A+B

A+X

B+C

B+Y

C+Z

X+Y

Y+Z

But in summary---there's still no perfect button layout. 4 shoulder buttons are uncomfortable and awkward, and 6-button layouts often have problems with how many games have 4 primary functions---6 buttons are good for tapping in sequence, but it's impossible to your thumb in the middle and have easy, rapid access to all 6---you'll always favor a group of 3 in triangle formation. (At least that's what happens on a Saturn pad playing action games)

I think 4+4 would work best if L2/R2 could be redesigned. Honestly I'd like them smaller, and maybe angled back more. Or maybe move them out or in. Anywhere but "right behind L1/R1".

PS---I rarely have issues with pause, it's select that's the problem. Put start and select by each other, say right above and below the current pause location on the PS2.

Kudos to anyone who actually reads all that. :)

Edited by David Hingtgen

IDEA! Wire up a motion sensor, so you just shake the pad really hard to pause!

Or even better, use a microphone attachment that pauses the game whenever you start swearing at it.

Even within a 4-button limitation, there's better things to do than the diamond. See the GameCube layout(which is, perhaps coincidentally, the 3/3 layout with missing corners).

I can't say that I totally disagree with you... the diamond has had me doing some weird things, like sneaking an index finger up and around the front of the controller to hit the dash button in the Megaman X games to do dash jumps while keeping my X Buster charged. But a six-button layout wouldn't have helped that either.

And the Gamecube controller? Designed by Miyamoto, worked well for Miyamoto's games, but it was a horrendous layout for everything else. Easily the most comfortable controller I've ever hated.

So you're out of the action less time than usual. You still have to take your thumb off the action buttons. It's just stupid.

The XBox S pad had you lifting off the directionals, which is usually a lesser evil. But as you said, it's hard to hit.

The start button on the 360 controller is no farther away from the X button than the start button on the Genesis controller was from the B button, and I wouldn't exactly say that hitting either of them ever really took me out of action.

Well, to each his own, I suppose. Until videogames evolve to a Star Trek Holodeck style experience, everyone's going to have different preferences.

It's worth it. First time I've ever really felt like a third-party controller improved on the default in every way. It's more solidly built than the Dual Shock, feels better in your hands, sticks have better play, and to top it all off, wireless with vibration, excellent range, and excellent battery life.

I too have heard good things about the Logitech, but I'll probably just wait for their version of the PS3 pad at this point.

Gamecube: as uncomfortable as the DC and Xbox S. There's a big difference between "controllability" and "comfort". Saturn and PS2 are the most comfortable.

For me, the DC and GC are the worst. My middle fingers always end up pressed against the edges of the shoulder button housings. Xbox S better but not a lot. The PS2 is way better in that regard in that my middle fingers are UNDER the shoulder housings, not behind (XB s) or between (GC, DC).

Saturn was the best, it didn't HAVE shoulder button housings. Just a mound where the cord attached :)

PS--I HATE VIBRATION. With a passion. Also, I hate heavy controllers. If I could, I *so* would buy a new PS2 or XB controller that couldn't vibrate, because that'd save a lot of weight. I'd remove the motors from my current controllers if I knew it wouldn't mess up the games (constantly searching for input or a signal to them or something). How's the WEIGHT on the Logitech PS2? If it's anywhere near a PSX DualShock it's way too heavy.

Edited by David Hingtgen

IDEA! Wire up a motion sensor, so you just shake the pad really hard to pause!

Or even better, use a microphone attachment that pauses the game whenever you start swearing at it.

I like!

I can't say that I totally disagree with you... the diamond has had me doing some weird things, like sneaking an index finger up and around the front of the controller to hit the dash button in the Megaman X games to do dash jumps while keeping my X Buster charged.  But a six-button layout wouldn't have helped that either.

It would've helped a little. It's POSSIBLE to hold 3 buttons at once if they form a right angle, just because 6-button pads get packed a bit tighter than 4-button ones.

I'd argue the giga crush would be better suited to a fifth face button than 3rd shoulder key if it was possible to use it with any regularity. Weapon select, of course, is ideally suited to shoulder keys.

But yeah, the "guest finger" would still happen(for the record, I use double-tap dashes a lot because of that). It's happened since the NES days. As soon as there were 2 buttons on the controller face, figners started sneaking up to work them.

And the Gamecube controller?  Designed by Miyamoto, worked well for Miyamoto's games, but it was a horrendous layout for everything else.  Easily the most comfortable controller I've ever hated.

I love it on most of what I have, personally(which is admittedly a grand total of ten games).

Soul Calibur and Robotech Battlecry don't play very well on it. I think Battlecry is the result of poor button mapping, though teh lack of a key config option makes it difficult to check. Soul Calibur... I can't play with a pad on anything.

The Primes are the only ones in my set with Miyamoto's name on them, and I gather his input was rather minimal.

The 'Cube pad weakness I see is in XCube 2 games. They're typically designed primarily for the PS2, and while you can fake it with an XBox pad, there's no getting around that the 'Cube pad is massively diffrent.

The 'Cube's strength is that you can rock from A to any of the other 3 buttons. The tradeoff is that you can't easily do B-Y or X-Y. An XCube 2 game might require those actions because you CAN easily do them on a diamond. A GameCube game won't because the developer knows it's a hard move to do.

The start button on the 360 controller is no farther away from the X button than the start button on the Genesis controller was from the B button, and I wouldn't exactly say that hitting either of them ever really took me out of action.

Diffrence is in alignment. The Genesis start is under the tip of my thumb when I'm on B. Pausing and unpausing don't interfere with the action for even an instant, as the thumb never leaves the action buttons, and is still seated on the primary one.

Unless I'm vastly mistaken on scale, the thumb actually has to leave X to reach start. That interrupts play for a moment as you reseat.

Yes, it's nitpicky. But it DOES affect the game, rather drastically if you need to pause while working the action buttons(say because some idiot just got between you and the TV in the middle of a difficult action sequence).

Well, to each his own, I suppose.  Until videogames evolve to a Star Trek Holodeck style experience, everyone's going to have different preferences.

Holodecks actually have some serious limitations. Regular rules of physics apply, and the player's physical condition affects what "moves" they can perform. They're a neat idea, but surprisingly limited.

Neural interfaces bypass all that, but have some unpleasant connotations attached, especially if they can't get a good wireless one rigged up.

It'd be the ultimate controller, sound hardware, and video hardware, though. :)

It's worth it. First time I've ever really felt like a third-party controller improved on the default in every way. It's more solidly built than the Dual Shock, feels better in your hands, sticks have better play, and to top it all off, wireless with vibration, excellent range, and excellent battery life.

ACK! BATTERIES! :p

I'm particularly curious how the retarded pressue-sensitive button aspect carries over.

Both my DualShock2 clones have lousy sensitivity. Which doesn't matter 99% of the time, but freaking Star Ocean uses them(Dammit tri-Ace, I wouldn't expect this sort of idiocy from you...), and the diffrent degrees of responsiveness can really screw a fight up.

But with my Sony pad begging for another cleaning, I'm seriously interested in a good replacement. My revision's buttons start losing responsiveness after signifigant use. Have to lean in after the rubber dome collapses to register a press, and it throws me way off.

The thing is really too much of a pain to disassemble and reassemble regularly(says the 5200 fan).

I like the 360's controllers. The vibration was nice too, since I wasn't expecting it (for some reason thinking it was only in the wired controllers until it vibrated on me when I was playing KOTOR again).

I saw the references to Full Auto. That was my second 360 game and I like it. It's good mindless fun driving fast and shooting up everything I don't crash into. :lol: And it looks great on my 60" HDTV. ;)

Just got Gun tonight. Not a bad game at all (and I do like the quick draw feature), but I think I might be a little let down...

I'll stick to BF2 on the Computer, thank you. I want KOTOR3!

Oh yeah... as far as the 360 controller versus the DualShock2... I like the 360's setup with the RB/LB better. Essentially it's not that far off... just that the triggers are longer forms of L1/L2 and that definitely helps for the ergonomics. YMMV.

Wireless is what I like the most.

All that said, I am still looking forward to the PS3.

JB0---about PS2 analog button sensitivity. I went from a launch PS2 to a Slim PS2 and couldn't STAND the newer-production PS2 pad. Buttons just suck compared to the original, and it feels cheaper/flimsy overall. I searched all around until I found a Toys R Us that still had original PS2 controllers, and bought one. It's worth hunting for. Check Toys R Us, or maybe Kaybee or K-Mart, or any other store that keeps ancient stock.

The key thing to look for is (asides from a layer of dust on the package) is for it to NOT say what color the controller is. The newer ones say black (or charcoal or graphite or whatever they call it) because there are different colors. The early ones (which are slightly heavier, but so much more responsive and better feeling) don't say anything about color on the package because they're so old there was no alternate color. Also, if you look at the back the packaging is slightly different. If not for the PS3 coming within a year I'd probably have bought yet another spare, launch-day PS2 pad by now.

Over G picked up for US release

Over G, the newest Xbox 360 installment of Taito's popular PS2 Energy Air Force series, has been picked up by Ubisoft for a US release.

Ace Combat Zero next month, Over G in June... we had to wait forever after Ace Combat 4 to get a good air combat game, and now it looks like we'll be getting two over the next three months, and it's barely been more than a year since Ace Combat 5.

378995[/snapback]

Saw that on Gamespot a few days ago. Awesome news! :) Now us aviation nuts here on Macross World can duke it out online! :D

How so? In my opinion, the 360 controler is vastly better in comfort and technological stand point.

379309[/snapback]

Thing is, I don't own a 360 yet, so I can't really compare. It's just that most people rag on the Brick That Looks Like A Controller and I actually like it, almost more than I do the Controller S.

Brick that looks like a control? Those people must be dirt weed or something....it's almost identicle I think to the original Xbox controler, just different color and simplistic design and wireless.....meh oh well.

Would this be a bad time to point out that I really liked the original X-Box controller? :unsure:

379278[/snapback]

I agree. Despite the bad press and reputation it has, after using my friend's I've decided it's not nearly as bad as most make it out to be. I suppose if you have teenie weenie hands it might be uncomfortable, but I never had any problems with it. Not to mention, something it did BETTER than the Controller S was that it had the black and white buttons in an easily accesible place: ABOVE the ABXY buttons instead of below, where its much harder to hit.

As for the Dual Shock, well...

It has the worst d-pad in existence (followed closely by the DS' and GBA's) playing shooters on it is painful. It has no triggers which sucks for racing games (dumbass pressure sensitive face buttons don't count). The face buttons have a poor tactile sensation and the thumb sticks are in a really stupid place, which becomes apparent when playing any game with an FPS-like control scheme. I was playing MS Gundam OYW, and there are times when you have to move both thumbsticks towards the analog button, at which point your thumbs bump into each other.

JB0---about PS2 analog button sensitivity.  I went from a launch PS2 to a Slim PS2 and couldn't STAND the newer-production PS2 pad.  Buttons just suck compared to the original, and it feels cheaper/flimsy overall.  I searched all around until I found a Toys R Us that still had original PS2 controllers, and bought one.  It's worth hunting for.  Check Toys R Us, or maybe Kaybee or K-Mart, or any other store that keeps ancient stock. 

I figured it was something like that. Can't imagine an original pad being this flakey.

I've seen Sears recommended for old stock before.

Mine only has the recent models.

The key thing to look for is (asides from a layer of dust on the package) is for it to NOT say what color the controller is.  The newer ones say black (or charcoal or graphite or whatever they call it) because there are different colors.  The early ones (which are slightly heavier, but so much more responsive and better feeling) don't say anything about color on the package because they're so old there was no alternate color.  Also, if you look at the back the packaging is slightly different.  If not for the PS3 coming within a year I'd probably have bought yet another spare, launch-day PS2 pad by now.

I'll be on the lookout.

But given I dislike the Dualshock's ergonomics, it's gonna get in line behind yet another 3rd-party pad.

Would this be a bad time to point out that I really liked the original X-Box controller? :unsure:

379278[/snapback]

I agree. Despite the bad press and reputation it has, after using my friend's I've decided it's not nearly as bad as most make it out to be. I suppose if you have teenie weenie hands it might be uncomfortable, but I never had any problems with it. Not to mention, something it did BETTER than the Controller S was that it had the black and white buttons in an easily accesible place: ABOVE the ABXY buttons instead of below, where its much harder to hit.

The big issue I saw with teh original XBox pad was the button angle was ATROCIOUS. Had they just reslanted the buttons, all would be well. It was like they took a 6-button pad and oriented it vertically instead of horizontally.

As for the Dual Shock, well...

It has the worst d-pad in existence (followed closely by the DS' and GBA's) playing shooters on it is painful. It has no triggers which sucks for racing games (dumbass pressure sensitive face buttons don't count). The face buttons have a poor tactile sensation and the thumb sticks are in a really stupid place, which becomes apparent when playing any game with an FPS-like control scheme. I was playing MS Gundam OYW, and there are times when you have to move both thumbsticks towards the analog button, at which point your thumbs bump into each other.

Add one more thing: Hitting start often brushes my thumb against R analog. Doesn't matter unless R analog is USED, but....

I can't imagine how the DS d-pad could be anywhere near the GBA's pad(unless you mean SP?), but I'll take your word for it. Don't have a DS(yet), or any real SP time(I dislike it for so many other reasons the d-pad hasn't gotten much attention).

DS Lite has the GB Micro's D-pad, which though small, is supposed to be the best D-pad in a generation. (Not surprising, Nintendo has the cross-shaped D-pad patent, which is why all others are "circles with a cross on top" or "4 triangles close together" )

The GC actually has a decent D-pad, just placed so horribly you can't use it. Honestly my fave part of the GC controller is the C-stick. It's so "nubby" and rubbery. Awesome grip. Now if they only used that material on D-pads...

DS Lite has the GB Micro's D-pad, which though small, is supposed to be the best D-pad in a generation.  (Not surprising, Nintendo has the cross-shaped D-pad patent, which is why all others are "circles with a cross on top" or "4 triangles close together" ) 

Patent's expired, actually.

Now it's just to look cool and diffrent.

The GC actually has a decent D-pad, just placed so horribly you can't use it. 

*shakes head*

'S the same d-pad as the GBA. Which is one of 2 d-pads to cause me physical pain, as well as the least accurate I own.

Part of it may just be the small size, but I think it has deeper problems.

Honestly my fave part of the GC controller is the C-stick.  It's so "nubby" and rubbery.  Awesome grip.  Now if they only used that material on D-pads...

And made them bigger and less stiff and with narrower diagonals and... :p

Sorry to go off topic... cause I don't want to make a useless thread.

Does anyone know what the name of the secret character is in marvel vs capcom? It's a Japanese schoolboy/nerd with glasses whom uses his white schoolbag to attack and throw stuff out of his bag in specials?

Thnx!

Edited by Kin

Just to add in my own 2 cents, I like my 360 controllers a lot. Very ergonomic, the button layout works great, and I like the triggers (makes sense since the Xbox and the 360 are home to a lot of FPS's). Sony's whole family of controllers starting with the original PS1 controller up through the Dual Shock 2 have always worked fine with me and I hope they stick with it for the PS3, but I guess I shouldn't knock the "boomerang" until I've tried it? :)

ok, i'm finally getting used to the 360 controller. here's my question:

anyone else having trouble with the 360 headphone/mic on Halo 2?

mine is all scratchy, goes in and out. sometimes i don't hear, i can't transmit, etc.

tried the one that came with the second 360 and i have the same problem, is it not set up to work with xbox games?

Is that the guy in the white coat from Rival Schools?

380011[/snapback]

No, it's a typical Japanese schoolboy with an old skool darkblue uniform with yellow buttons. And it's kinda cartoonish/SD and he looks very funny/uber geek/wimp lol.

I'll try to search further on thnx anyway.

TO stay on topic:

Maybe... just maybe I will buy a 360 but I'm still monitoring other consoles and progressions.. and wait till more new games to come out.

The first thing I'll do when I get one: throw away the ugly Tefal case and make a new one.

Sorry to go off topic... cause I don't want to make a useless thread.

Does anyone know what the name of the secret character is in marvel vs capcom? It's a Japanese schoolboy/nerd with glasses whom uses his white schoolbag to attack and throw stuff out of his bag in specials?

Thnx!

380005[/snapback]

That not a schoolboy thats Akira Yatsuda (Akiman) the character designer for most capcom games, the man behind Final Fight and Street Fighter franchise and also the character designer for Turn A Gundam.

He`s not a secret character in the Sega Saturn version.

ok, i'm finally getting used to the 360 controller. here's my question:

anyone else having trouble with the 360 headphone/mic on Halo 2?

mine is all scratchy, goes in and out. sometimes i don't hear, i can't transmit, etc.

tried the one that came with the second 360 and i have the same problem, is it not set up to work with xbox games?

380284[/snapback]

The only odd thing with Halo 2 I've had is where I'll get this like ghost image of what looks like the outline of some jungle or forrest appears (I think this happens just online). It's a very light ghost image that is very light and transparent (a very, very light white transparency). It's happened a few times and I can't figure out what is causing it. The 360, Halo 2 itself, or Xbox Live? I don't know. So far my 360 is working awesomely after almost 4 months so I don't think that's the case.

As for your headset, if I have a bad Internet connection or something is screwy with Xbox Live, I'll get this annoying popping sound on my headset.

I have a problem with every game on the headset.  No one can understand a damn thing I say.  Not a huge deal... I don't really care to talk to strangers when I play.

380469[/snapback]

It can be really useful in tactical games like Halo2, but a lot of that depends on the kind of people you're playing with.

Maybe... just maybe I will buy a 360 but I'm still monitoring other consoles and progressions.. and wait till more new games to come out.

380299[/snapback]

The only game coming out soon that'll make me plunk down the cash for a 360 is the new Splinter Cell game. But other than that...

Great news for Call of Duty 2 fans! The long talked about update that greatly expands the online features of the game (now able to create your own lobby and invite whoever you want, ability to kick people out of your lobby, choices of what maps you do or do not want to use, etc.) finally became available yesterday. A few in game differences I've noticed include more objects to hide behind and the size of the font of the text that tells you on onscreen of who was killed by who and by what weapon has been greatly reduced... a lot of times when this info would pop up, it was greatly distracting and effected your field of vision. Supposedly the lag issues were addressed as well (on the several games I played last night, I didn't encounter any lag in any games).

A big thumbs up to Activision for making a great game even better! :)

Great news for Call of Duty 2 fans!  The long talked about update that greatly expands the online features of the game (now able to create your own lobby and invite whoever you want, ability to kick people out of your lobby, choices of what maps you do or do not want to use, etc.) finally became available yesterday.  A few in game differences I've noticed include more objects to hide behind and the size of the font of the text that tells you on onscreen of who was killed by who and by what weapon has been greatly reduced... a lot of times when this info would pop up, it was greatly distracting and effected your field of vision.  Supposedly the lag issues were addressed as well (on the several games I played last night, I didn't encounter any lag in any games).

A big thumbs up to Activision for making a great game even better! :)

382903[/snapback]

*Bump* :)