PREDATOR REMAKE, Terrific now my childhood

zeo-mare

Moviehole.net has an article up today talking about a big rumor of John Cena starring in a remake of the Predator movie, i can say damn :angry: i do not want to see another scifi film featuring a WWE/WWF person, Doom was bad enough, but my memories of predator are great I really do not want to see them piss all over it like this

Here is a portion of the article itself:

I have to admit, this is the very first that I'm hearing on it, but according to the "Wrestling Observer Newsletter", WWE Superstar John Cena, coming up next in "The Marine" opposite "Nip/Tuck" star Kelly Carlson, is apparently up for the lead role in a remake of 1987's Arnold Schwazenegger starrer, "Predator".

A few months back, a scooper over at Latino Review touched on a remake, saying that John McTiernan has been offered the Directorial duties in an effort to lure him away from the "Thomas Crown Affair" sequel that he's been developing.

The "Observer" was one of the first to break the news about Cena's role in "The Marine", so I'm betting that there's a bit of "where there's smoke, there's fire" going on around this story. The WWE has pushed several of their Wrestlers for big screen projects as of late, with Cena, The Rock, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin & Kane all headlining new projects within the next few months.

Cena is in Australia at the moment for the "Survivor Series" tour, so hopefully we'll get some more info soon.

Writer Sam Park ["The Half-Way House"] had been hoping to lure Schwarzenegger back to play Dutch - one last time - in a "Predator 3", but seems FOX might have decided to go the remake route instead.

so what do you guys think about this?

chris

as for AVP we are getting a confirmed sequel , so officially our suffering is not yet over.

chris

Uhhh.......why would you wanna remake Alien 2? THAT was a classic with Predator.....that doesn't make sense.

Alien 3 wasn't bad, it served as a good "conclusion".........it still had its fright, but 4 made more ppl laugh then shreak.

They NEED to remake an Alien 2 or Aliens 2.

Aliens 3 and 4 should be officially disassociated with the canon and franchise.

340502[/snapback]

that thought is even worse, i like the first 2 Aliens movies even more then I liked Predator, I am fearing that they will just overhype the film with goofy one liners. chessy CGI and silly untalented pop musician and wrestling stars in a attempt to reach the 13 to 16 year olds. that is why I am dreading this movie. as for the third and fourth Aliens i fully agree with you on that one :rolleyes:

Edited by zeo-mare

sadly i can see the new version being toned down incredibly and getting a PG-13 rating like they did with Doom, the game for that was really scary but the movie was more of a comedy. :D

funny you should mention the hip hop soundtrack, aliitle bit ago when i said they would hire musicians and wrestlers, i could picture 50cent running through the jungle with the wrestler fireing machine guns at the Predator while hip hop music played in the background (shudder :unsure::ph34r::ph34r: ) I am totaly not wanting to see this film, I like the original the way it is.

chris

I just want to see alien 5. James Cameron should do it, and make this as violent and horrific as possible. I want to go and see a movie that is like entering into a nightmare where you fear the aliens like in the second movie. (ie fast, brutal, creepy, slimey, always preffering to be in the shadow like a cockroach, having immense strength and sharp teeth and claws, acid, cunning and intelligent always choosing to attack in packs like wolves etc)

Basically I want to see:

-mutilation

-people have alive pleading for rescued or pleading to be killed becaue of pain

-limbs being chopped clean off.

-don't be afraid to show blood or kill off the most confident and well prepared characters

-time limits (don't let the audience feel everything will be ok just because you manage to evade them this time. The aliens are smart and think of new ways to outsmart the human, not mere cannon fodder. The only way to survive is to run run run. Don't make it an action movie like resident evil, with people jumping off walls and acrobatic stunts and poo)

Ultimately the aliens movie was the best because the marines had no ammo, had no way to get back home, had a time limit before the aliens would creep in through the roof, and short on available skilled people to do the dirty and dangerous tasks. It's basically a disaster movie or a "mission gone wrong" sceneario like Black Hawk Down. Yeah there is action, but its non-stop because of the situation they are in rather than because it would be "cool" to put set pieces in with absoluatley no emotional attachment to the characters at all. (this was alien 4's mistake - more of an action horror movie, not enough drama.)

Oh and another thing: never have them running around during the day. I would rather a nocturnal alien than an alien that is awake and active when humans are awake and can see them. We have jurrassic park and the raptors for daytime horror. Aliens symbolise death. It should be as dark as what the original Terminator movie was where you can barely see anything. Night time is perfect environment to have an alien creeping around. (remember that scene in Signs where mel gibson is holed up in that room alone with his family with the aliens trying to kill them all? I thought that was scary!)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

They shouldn't remake Predator. They should just do a Star Wars-style DVD release and make the Predator shoot in self-defense.

340540[/snapback]

:p:lol::lol::lol: as long as they do not edit out all of the guns and replace them with walkie talkies like they did in E.T. we should be Ok.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

I doubt its running out of ideas. More like: "this is a cashcow proven formula. I'd rather not risk a new idea and make loadsa cashola."

But I'm no enemy of sequels. Sequels are ok if they are fresh and retain the contents of what made the movie good but without the rehashing of the exact same things such that they've become too predictable. This is why I liked aliens. They did try to add new things like the queen alien and the mecha and the whole concept of changing it to a war movie.

I do wonder how this upcoming halo movie turns out? It will probably be the remake of aliens like what the videogame was. :D joking

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hollywood really is running out of ideas if they are considering remaking a 18 year old film which still looks pretty good today.
I doubt its running out of ideas.

Sure, humans aren't running out of ideas. Authors aren't running out of ideas. Film makers aren't running out of ideas. But Hollywood is most definately running out of ideas. I can't think of a summer blockbuster that's come out in the last few years that wasn't a remake of an older film or an adaptation of a TV show, book, or comic book. The most original Hollywood gets is when it remakes a fairly original movie/book/TV show.

They shouldn't remake Predator. They should just do a Star Wars-style DVD release and make the Predator shoot in self-defense.

340540[/snapback]

:p:lol::lol::lol: as long as they do not edit out all of the guns and replace them with walkie talkies like they did in E.T. we should be Ok.

chris

340541[/snapback]

*cackles*

I can just see the Predator whipping out his triple-beamed interestellar communicator to talk to someone and "accidentally" blowing a hole in him with the transmission.

Discussion of an Aliens remake???? Nah man... just nah. "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!!" That film is untouchable. Where's Agentone? He's gotta have an opinion on remaking an Arnold film. I would see a new Predator film, I would see an AVP done right, but I doubt you could lure me into a theater for a remake of any of the originals. They were done right the first time.

Where's Agentone?  He's gotta have an opinion on remaking an Arnold film.  

I think he's been crying since the thread started.

340579[/snapback]

I can't believe he still hasn't posted. Maybe he found a girlfriend? :lol:

On a more serious note, the real reason the first 2 Alien films worked so well was that while you did see a lot of violence, much of it was hidden and was left up to the audiences imagination. IMO, that makes a sequence much more scary that simply seeing blood and guts flying all over the walls.

Where's Agentone?  He's gotta have an opinion on remaking an Arnold film. 

I think he's been crying since the thread started.

340579[/snapback]

I can't believe he still hasn't posted. Maybe he found a girlfriend? :lol:

On a more serious note, the real reason the first 2 Alien films worked so well was that while you did see a lot of violence, much of it was hidden and was left up to the audiences imagination. IMO, that makes a sequence much more scary that simply seeing blood and guts flying all over the walls.

340681[/snapback]

Yah. You can generally imagine something worse than they can show.

They NEED to remake an Alien 2 or Aliens 2.

Aliens 3 and 4 should be officially disassociated with the canon and franchise.

340502[/snapback]

that thought is even worse, i like the first 2 Aliens movies even more then I liked Predator,

340504[/snapback]

Ah, read carefully. I said remake Alien 2 or Aliens 2. No fim ever existed with that title.

It was

Alien

Aliens

Aliens 3

Aliens 4.

So my point was to cut 3 and 4 out of the timeline and continue with Alien 2 or Aliens 2.

edit : Ah, maybe 'remake' wasn't the right choice of words. MAKE Alien 2 or Aliens 2.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

Really what made the Predator work in the first film is he was barely seen in the film. It was the idea of him or evidence of what he did that was pretty menacing. I'd venture if you took his total time onscreen, he was there for what, 10 minutes? 15 minutes?

In Aliens, there were very few Aliens on screen.

340591[/snapback]

I thought what made Predator and Aliens great was not so much the fact about the suspense of not seeing the enemy on screen but the focus on the hardware (miniguns and gyro stabilised rifles!) and the trash talking marines.

Now Alien, that was a great classic due to the tension and suspense of not seeing the damn creature on screen.