TV Ghost - 1/72 model kit

honneamise

Are you going to do fast packs for the ghost too? I was watching Mac+  the other day and noticed the origonal series ghosts had fastpacks during the flight test scene with the new ghost in EP3.

373969[/snapback]

Those were drone versions of the VF-11 that the X-9 smacked down in episode 3, not the original Ghost.

I may be confused by I don't remember seeing these original Macross Ghosts in M+. However, there are fast packs for these that I have seen, maybe that's where the fastpacks came from.

I know the VF-11 airframe and this QF-3000 is not the same airframe.

The QF-3000 was seen for a split secont in ep3 of the 4 part M+ series when the UN spacy was combat testing the ghost.  It had big white boosters on the back of it.

374418[/snapback]

Are you sure there is really a QF-3000 Ghost in Ep.3 of M+ ? - I watched it again yesterday but all I could find were the three Drones being destroyed by the QF-9. They surely had VF-11 airframes like Grayson72 said but with a Ghost "cockpit" added complete with the little upward swept canard wings. Colour was orange and they had light grey or white Fast Packs attached - are you refering to those or have I been missing anyting else?

After fast forwarding a bit I felt like I better watch the whole series again frame by frame.... in one scene just prior to the concert on earth I even spotted Minmay (but with the "pointy" M+ chara design) in the audience and there was another guy who looked a lot like her uncle but I could be wrong.... and all these cool ships in the sky over Macross City when Myung´s ship is landing - not to mention all the warships in orbit when Isamu is approaching earth- it seems they´ve been designing tons of cool stuff just for split-second-scenes!

Now we're up to 45 kits, I told ya this one would be a popular subject.  I hope this inspires you to keep making more.

375224[/snapback]

Wow 45 :o:D !! I need to order more resin.... and silicone rubber. That amount of kits will require two or even three runs to make them all!!

I´m in the finishing stages of the master, just an awful lot of small stuff like wheel cobers etc. left now - I hope I can begin with the molds next week.

May be you should make your wife take a peek at this page and see the potential or what a "real" job could be like (Well, at least as an extra source of income I'd say..)

That way she would eat her words...

Wow 45 :o  :D !! I need to order more resin.... and silicone rubber. That amount of kits will require two or even three runs to make them all!!

I´m in the finishing stages of the master, just an awful lot of small stuff like wheel cobers etc. left now - I hope I can begin with the molds next week.

375532[/snapback]

Now we're up to 45 kits, I told ya this one would be a popular subject.  I hope this inspires you to keep making more.

375224[/snapback]

Wow 45 :o:D !! I need to order more resin.... and silicone rubber. That amount of kits will require two or even three runs to make them all!!

375532[/snapback]

I wouldn't order more resin until you get payment for the first batch. I'd do batches based on who requested first and who pays first out of that list, knowing how people around here like to order but then change their mind.

Just a thought

My girlfriend fas found back to her usual cheerful mood now that my long-term-project is in the finishing stages....

Most of the parts are here on my workbench now - I still need to make all the landing gear doors both open and closed plus multiplies of the little speed brake actuators. All the parts look quite messy now but that´s due to the different coloured putties and primers, the actual surface is already very smooth. Still, I´ll add a final coat to the parts to reveal any scratche and blemishes I might have overlooked.

post-2845-1141735617_thumb.jpg

That looks sooo cool. Can't wait to see one of those beauties assembled and painted... B))

377610[/snapback]

I´m really tempted to glue it all together and paint it.... :(<_<:blink: it´s just too frustrating - I can dry-fit half of the parts then I turn the thing around for the other half and everything falls apart even though the fit is quite tight on most parts. Guess I have to wait for the casted parts like everyone else! :D

Here is the underside with 2/3 of gear closed:

post-2845-1141757495_thumb.jpg

Now with front gear down (well actually it is "up" :rolleyes: ):

post-2845-1141757589_thumb.jpg

detail:

post-2845-1141757622_thumb.jpg

Looking good.  Do you have a rough idea when you might start shipping?

377784[/snapback]

I wish I could tell you, but I´m just ordering the resin today - I still have to make the molds and cast the parts. And an architect wants to meet me today for a model :unsure: this seems to be a small one that will be done in a few days, but still...

After some more cleaning up, I have sprayed on another white base coat to reveal uneven surfaces etc., and, while there are still certain areas to smooth out :( , the white coat also reveals what a fierce looking beast this thing has become...

All those small pieces like landing gear covers etc. are done now (parts count is at 49 now), so tomorrow will be reserved for the "final polish".

Here is the back with the big engine bell glued on (couldn´t resist :rolleyes: )

post-2845-1141846307_thumb.jpg

some more, now with aft fins attached

post-2845-1141846388_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1141846422_thumb.jpg

post-2845-1141846451_thumb.jpg

OMG!! :blink: Thats absolutely fantastic! :D

What amazing skill! and I don't even really like this design, but your model is amazing - all that engraving detail - your factory of one rivals Hasegawa!

Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks for sharing.