TV Ghost - 1/72 model kit

honneamise

That is good. I am glad that you are making it more like the offical sources rather than this one. Your sketch is more accurate in various ways (missiles hatches, nose, canards.) Are you going to make the control surfaces movable? hehe The model will probabaly be too small to do that. Those QF-3000E has inverted two spoilerons/air brakes inside of the landing gear bay doors on the bottoms surface: http://www.macrossmecha.info/aerospacecraft/qf3000.html (bottom image) which are similar to the Super Bird's four: http://nanashino.macrossmecha.info/aerospc.../superbird.html (top image)

Thank you!

Nanashi's

www.macrossmecha.info

Thanks Nanashi, another view of the same subject and quite different from what I´ve come up with.... gave me quite a headache yesterday! ;)

I´ve redesigned my nose (well actually not mine even though it could be a tad smaller :D ) I mean I´ve changed the Ghost´s nose more to what is seen in this lineart.

What I´ve found out is that this Fan-Art is closely based on the preliminary concept sketch as featured in the Miyatake book. Still, I´m sticking to my slightly beefier, wedge-like appearance as this does match the "official" lineart more closely. And remember this is supposed to be a lifting body design, it should more ride on the air than cutting through it.

I´m almost through with my own 3-views now, it was quite difficult to determine the width of the craft. In the lineart it looks kinda slim but  it has to accomodate the lading gear and two big airbrakes side by side on the underside PLUS it gets wider on the upper side.

The upper/down-view looks OK now but I have yet to draw a matching front/rear-view - hope this will look OK. It´s easy to draw a Ghost freehand but if it has to be "nailed down" in a plan it is getting difficult....

I mean each time Miyatake drew a new lineart he seems to have changed all the hull curvatures, angle of the fins etc.  and for a physical model it has to be something in the middle of it.... it´s very challenging even before I get to build anything!

338444[/snapback]

Added you,

Any updates Honneamise?

340242[/snapback]

Sorry Grayson72 I had no time to start the build, too many other things on my mind.... but I´m almost done with the drawings which have to come first of course, looks like I´m finally satisfied with all the views...

then I have the urgent need to finish my Oberth kit - just adding the last antennae and a flat finish and that´s it - I felt uneasy with beginning a new project without being able to see what really came out of the last.

Finally the painting.... needed to finish that too - I need another 2hours and it will be FINISHED! Seems it´s coming out well now, I´ll post a pic of it soon.... but I think I will use it as boxart but sell the original (if anybody wants it) to raise some funds for buying resin and stuff - I´m really kinda broke these days <_< (the architects are broke too so I don´t get much commission work at the moment :( .)

The upside of it is of course that I will have quite some time on my hands to get the Ghost started..

OK. I've got two things to say to you.

One: I wouldn't mind at all pre-paying or doing a down payment for a Ghost fighter kit for you to use as materials funds. I am sure you could get a few others to do that as well.

Two: Your painting is incredible. I think you should consider selling posters of it. I would love to get one. And I am sure others here would too.

Your prep work is looking great.

Thanks guys! The poster idea is great, I´m checking out some offers here... and I need higher resolution images for the bigger size, the picture is 50X40cm and a poster shouldn´t be much smaller. My camera has only 3.2 Mpixels, too few - but I know a pro who could help me....

Beautiful artwork. And I bet there is at least one Chris Voss artbook in your bookshelf.

-i-

340360[/snapback]

You´re right, electric indigo, Chris Foss was the hero of my youth. Airbrush work was not as common then (early ´80s) and his spaceships and cloud-scapes blew me away. Guess you mentioned this because of the clouds in my pic?

Strange to find someone mentioning Foss these days, I have hardly ever had a look into my copy of "Foss´Spaceships" in the last 15 years.

Over the last few years it was Artists like Tenjin (that Valkyries Book rocks!) and Takani who gave me inspiration, I can only hope in a few decades I´ll paint half as good as these guys.

By the way, your work is amazing, electric indigo - those VF-4 images you´ve posted are top-notch! You should consider making posters ore even some kind of artbook depending on what else you have done so far.....GREAT

1, that's right, really beautifull  :o

2, good idea for the posters. I am sure you can make amazing aircraft artworks  (not only macross ?) :)

340402[/snapback]

Thanks, jipe!

I´ve done some aircraft, you can see a Tornado and a Vickers VC-10 on my website (www.scaleworks.de , go to galleries, then bilder(=pictures)) but these two are pretty old. I´ll love anything flying and if you want me to paint anything for you just PM me.

Wow man just absolutly WOW!! Brb I have to go dig around the couch for some extra change to see if I can grab this one to. lol or at least beg the wife for an advancement on my allowence. ROFL

Edited by Goshawk

post-2845-1131103866_thumb.jpg

Ok ok, enough about artwork, I wanna see some progress shots of the model master.  :)

342101[/snapback]

OK it´s about time. ;) Here is the frame for the front end with 4 of the gun tubes attached....

post-2845-1131103866_thumb.jpg

upside with "cockpit", I had a kit of a 1/48 Scimitar (RN 50´s carrier plane) and it has the perfect canopy, thank goodness it has 2, it´s an awfully expensive kit <_< hope I only need the 2nd canopy if I build it one day...

post-2845-1131104066_thumb.jpg

Now the whole thing is covered in putty, looks awful but you wanted to see it, Grayson72 ;)

post-2845-1131104148_thumb.jpg

after sanding

post-2845-1131107609_thumb.jpg

other side, looks OK at first sight but the upper gun tubes should be more "sideways" and not too visible from the top. So it´s close but no cigar.....

new gun tubes installed.... hope to get it right this time....

post-2845-1131107807_thumb.jpg

Cool... the postman just brought me my VF-0 with Ghost... compared to my plan the two Ghosts are almost the same size!

post-2845-1131107890_thumb.jpg

OK I put my Vf-0 away and did some sanding. The upper gun tubes are better now and the rough shape is there. Now I need a rear end - this will be difficult because I need to build the main wheel wells and the recesses for the dive brakes into the bottom before I can go on :blink:

post-2845-1131110423_thumb.jpg

I really don´t like the thought that the QF-2200 AND the X-9 are big beasts and the QF-3000 is just like a radio-controlled model plane.

If my plan is the right size, it is still the smallest of the Ghost series, the QF-2200´s body is slightly bigger as can be seen on the comparison pic but I even forgot that BIG engine at the aft end - the overall length of the Qf-2200 surpasses the VF-1!

Still, I´m not worried as long as the QF-3000 looks OK in relation to the VF-1.

It is strange, all the ZERO planes look as if they are 1/48 next to the TV series designs...

By the way, the QF-2200 looks great, it´s a pity Hasegawa have not included a landing gear, I´d love to display the Ghost on its own.

ok I know I soupldnt do this, but go ahead and put me down for 1 please. Maybe I can get away with "giving" it to the wife  for christmas.......  thanks for the idea Neptune :)

342529[/snapback]

Uh yeah that'll, work might as well give her a bowling ball with the name Homer on it. :lol:

Edited by Grayson72

ok I know I soupldnt do this, but go ahead and put me down for 1 please. Maybe I can get away with "giving" it to the wife  for christmas.......  thanks for the idea Neptune :)

342529[/snapback]

Uh yeah that'll, work might as well give her a bowling ball with the name Homer on it. :lol:

342605[/snapback]

I'm glad I could help Goshawk. :D

342529[/snapback]

342605[/snapback]

I'm glad I could help Goshawk. :D

342620[/snapback]

Actually shes interested in this one now. god I love my wife. ROFL