TV Ghost - 1/72 model kit

honneamise

That would be the Dragon II.

Tanmen made a kit of it in 1/72, and a lucky few people here own one. 

I've been wanting to get my hands on one for quite a while now...  Anyone out there want to sell theirs?  :unsure:

408840[/snapback]

Not sell man...

RECAST!!!

I need some help please! xtoys is on the interest list but I cannot find him with the "members" search. Isn´t he a member anymore or has he changed hs MW name? I´d really like to PM him.... any hints to his whereabouts appreciated!

Thanks a LOT Mika! :D With that little "s" lacking I could try forever!

BTW have PMed ALL the members on the interest list now but there are quite a few who have not replied yet - so if you are on the list and STILL have no PM but WANT a Ghost kit, please contact me and I´ll send you the details again.

I'm in for a dragon recast or 2.

409846[/snapback]

Keep in mind that the Dragon II was actually sent incomplete by Tanmen, missing the all the gear, wheel well detail, bay doors etc... and underwing stores as well.

409846[/snapback]

Keep in mind that the Dragon II was actually sent incomplete by Tanmen, missing the all the gear, wheel well detail, bay doors etc... and underwing stores as well.

409861[/snapback]

:o What, what, what!!!!

Alright... I'm in for a recast after one of the master sculptors on here finishes up the original....

409846[/snapback]

409861[/snapback]

You are right. Those of us that actually do have one should see what parts we have. Some of us might have parts that others are missing and could share for casting.

Well im in for a Dragon, either new sculpt or recast.

409953[/snapback]

I say new sculpt. I get kind of antsy with the recast word. Besides I think Thorsten could do better.

409996[/snapback]

I agree.

Meh, he might as well start with something, then modify the thing.

410045[/snapback]

I don´t like recasts, but using an existing kit as a base might be a good starting point. The model does of course not qualify as "new sculpt" with a couple of panel lines added, it should be more like the "Orange Collection" VF-1 kits - they started as IMAIs but ended up with different body lines, detailing etc., it is justified to call them new kits IMO.

I could imagine doing this. And with enough demand the counterpart Karyovin to follow (I like that one even more) - if someone can tell me where that thing has its landing gear stored....

But still, I´m going to start with some of those cars. And the Cola Machine! :D

So how much of the original kit would have to be modified to be classed as a "new" kit? I have a long term plan in mind regarding a mospeada kit.

410076[/snapback]

Just my personal opinion, and I have to admit that if a model looks spot on you don´t have to change the shape just for the sake of it - but essentially it should be true to my own envisioning not someone else´s before I consider producing it. The lesser known Macross designs and the few linearts leave a lot of room for personal interpretation.

BTW what Mospeada kit are you thinking of? :ph34r:

start a new thread for the dragon discussion.

back to the ghost.

Major catastrophe with my ghost. had it painted and was doing a little touch up work... dropped it and snapped off a rear stabilizer and one of the dorsal wings. Landing gear got hosed too. Don't want to start over with the paint job. Not enough expletives out there to reflect my frustrations. will post pics of my band aided ghost soon.

So how much of the original kit would have to be modified to be classed as a "new" kit? I have a long term plan in mind regarding a mospeada kit.

410076[/snapback]

Just my personal opinion, and I have to admit that if a model looks spot on you don´t have to change the shape just for the sake of it - but essentially it should be true to my own envisioning not someone else´s before I consider producing it. The lesser known Macross designs and the few linearts leave a lot of room for personal interpretation.

BTW what Mospeada kit are you thinking of? :ph34r:

410105[/snapback]

I was thinking about having a serious attack on a 1/12 MOSPEADA Ride Armour kit, really just jazzing it from it all to plain OOB self. Also I am very keen on attempting some infantry based of these images I found.

post-641-1151054774_thumb.jpgpost-641-1151054823_thumb.jpgpost-641-1151054897.gif

Before I get to that I plan on stretching my kitbashing and scratchbuilding skills. Right now I am on a completion campaign to finish all my current projects, then I want to take a new perpective on the hobby and learn some new skills.

Berttt