Countdown until the Shogakukun Macross Package Art Collection Book is released! 
image.png.ceb942b112c95453f3925263e118f68b.png

The countdown has finished!

Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

10 hours ago, TFunster said:

i've been lucky enough to justify a really great cel, and i was wondering if the experts here had opinions on this piece:

Vd1296b.jpeg

I already have another cel from the same scene that i love, and this would be a great companion. however, this would be by-far my most expensive cel so I came here for a "sanity check" before bidding.

Prices keep going higher for Macross original art..however, this cel is listed as a "buy it now" rather than letting the market figure out it's value.

Personally, I think it's worth at most half of the current listing price if not less.  I believe this one has been re-listed multiple times, so that also speaks as to what other potential buyers think it's worth...

Of course, as with anything of this nature...if a certain piece personally  interests you or has some sort of significance that cannot be easily quantified...then only you can place a price on it

Edited by jvmacross

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Prices keep going higher for Macross original art..however, this cel is listed as a "buy it now" rather than letting the market figure out it's value.

Personally, I think it's worth at most half of the current listing price if not less.  I believe this one has been re-listed multiple times, so that also speaks as to what other potential buyers think it's worth...

Of course, as with anything of this nature...if a certain piece personally  interests you or has some sort of significance that cannot be easily quantified...then only you can place a price on it

Thanks for the input! The USD exchange rate is at a 5+ year low, which is a big reason I'm considering a multiple-listed item. I don't think the seller would give me a ~20% discount any other way haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...