1/48+FP's, 1/60, and 1/72 picture gallery

VF-18S Hornet

Ahhhhh......never get tired of looking at a 1/48 HIKARU VF-1S, specially when it has the FP's on and it's accentuated with either a(n) TAKATOYS or ANASAZI37 custom decals :D . Nice pic, WICKED ACE :) !

"Actually Minmay, you and I weren't meant for each other anyway"

vf1sdate.jpg

(Man...I think I really dig those sculpted Valk hands more than the articulated ones.)

finally got a couple of those display cases from ikea.  too bad they can't hold more i.e. per shelf.

What hands are you using for the Max VF-1S?

They look pretty cool, and much better than the frail hands Yamato used.

it looks like a Master Grade Dom or Sazabi hands, you can also fit more on if you create display stands for it, you can usually put the stuff in the back higher and some of the smaller stuff in front. i pretty much filled mine.

chris

it looks like a Master Grade Dom or Sazabi hands, you can also fit more on if you create display stands for it, you can usually put the stuff in the back higher and some of the smaller stuff in front. i pretty much filled mine.

chris

they are 1/100 sazabi hands. i just haven't had time to paint them to match the 1S. i tried putting 1/48s in the back row and then 1/60s in the front... even the banpresto valks but they block some of the view of the 1/48s. wanted a full view of the 1/48s more so oh well. gotta make sacrifices for the best!

you do not have any display stands or anything to put the valks on? that will prop them up higher. here is a picture of mine i need to get something different because i am useing normal boxes and stuff (for the time being you can use those). on ebay you can find clear acylic boxes that look great and that can be stacked on each other. you can use stuff like that to create a setup like mine which will allow you to fit alot in your cabinet .

chris

dudes, heres a FYI for you fools using CD cases, styrofoam, books and anything else you can think of to put some height on your stuff.....

for example, the ikea detolf i believe has 16" x 16" glass shelves.

so first you want to pick up some acrylic risers in atleast 2 different sizes in height(maybe a few 2" and 4" risers depending on how much height you want?). they're pretty common so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

once you get the risers, measure the depth of the riser, most risers are usually there 5" deep or so but it doesn't matter cause you'll have the riser supporting the glass shelf in the end anyway.

once you got that, all you have to do is fine a glass store and have them cut two pcs. of 5" x 16" glass shelves per 16 x 16 shelf. the detolf i believe has 4 shelves total including the one on the bottom. so you want to get 8, 5"x16" shelves cut. make sure to ask the guy for polished edges so you don't cut yourself and get atleast 1/4" thickness for lighter stuff, or 3/8" for the heavy stuff.

so now you got the glass, you got the risers, and instead of having one 16 x 16 shelf, you just made 3 shelves....two 5 x 16, one of them is 2" in height the other 4", and then theres 6" thats left on the bottom giving you plenty of display room to fit everything to want into a small amount of space. :) this whole thing would cost you less than $50 if even that....glass is super cheap.

and in case anyone is wondering what it would look like, from a side view it would look like a set of stairs.

hope that makes sense?

Edited by haterist

dudes, heres a FYI for you fools using CD cases, styrofoam, books and anything else you can think of to put some height on your stuff.....

for example, the ikea detolf i believe has 16" x 16" glass shelves.

so first you want to pick up some acrylic risers in atleast 2 different sizes in height(maybe a few 2" and 4" risers depending on how much height you want?). they're pretty common so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

once you get the risers, measure the depth of the riser, most risers are usually there 5" deep or so but it doesn't matter cause you'll have the riser supporting the glass shelf in the end anyway.

once you got that, all you have to do is fine a glass store and have them cut two pcs. of 5" x 16" glass shelves per 16 x 16 shelf. the detolf i believe has 4 shelves total including the one on the bottom. so you want to get 8, 5"x16" shelves cut. make sure to ask the guy for polished edges so you don't cut yourself and get atleast 1/4" thickness for lighter stuff, or 3/8" for the heavy stuff.

so now you got the glass, you got the risers, and instead of having one 16 x 16 shelf, you just made 3 shelves....two 5 x 16, one of them is 2" in height the other 4", and then theres 6" thats left on the bottom giving you plenty of display room to fit everything to want into a small amount of space. :) this whole thing would cost you less than $50 if even that....glass is super cheap.

and in case anyone is wondering what it would look like, from a side view it would look like a set of stairs.

hope that makes sense?

yea i have seen them but i have never got around to getting them, i have seen the acrylic ones on ebay alot and was thing about picking some up, but i am so lazy and never get around to it :p i think i will have to do that soon.

chris

i was actually thinking of doing a group buy on some acrylic risers since i got the wholesale hook up on them but the only problem is the shipping cost for you guys.

while the risers are pretty light weight, they're basically shaped like squares and/or rectangles so the shipping box will have to be fairly big which in turn will increase the shipping costs. i've been looking to find a cost effective way to ship them but no dice so far. :(

if people don't mind paying the higher shipping costs, i'll do it like next week, but i have a feeling no one wants to buy a bunch of risers for like $10 then have it cost like $10 to ship it. hopefully i'll come up with something and everyone will get hooked up. :)

hi this sound very interesteing i look forward to seeing if you can come up with something. i may need a bunch of risers myself i have 2 going on 3 Ikea cabinets

chris

well heres a link to a pic where i have some on risers...

click me!

you can sort of get an idea why i said it would cost alot to ship. i can sort of "nest" them together but not more than 2. i work in a furniture/home decor store so i have access to free packing materials and such but not an unlimited supply of boxes in various sizes....i do, but i don't.

now heres the other problem....

i'm sure people will want particular sizes as far as heights are concerned. if thats the case, it'll be way too much work for me. if i were to get the risers, i'd only be willing to buy 2 different heights only and leave it at that. i barely, if at all, make any profit when i do this kind of stuff for you guys...

too much work + no money = hater don't want to do it. :p

now the plus side to doing it this way is, i can get a better idea of what boxes sizes i would need. if i can use free priority mail boxes that would be awesome otherwise, i'll have to find a shipping box supplier and go that route...

• 4 weeks later...
Vermillion squad in flight.

Cool Vermillion team custom formation. But should the tips of the tail wings on Max's and Kakizaki's Valkyrie's have colors I don't recall seeing such colors on them in the series, maybee I ought to look into it.

(VF-18S Hornet Posted on Jun 6 2005, 05:46 PM )

(1 VF-1 2NV @ Jun 4 2005, 10:19 AM)

Vermillion squad in flight.

Cool Vermillion team custom formation. But should the tips of the tail wings on Max's and Kakizaki's Valkyrie's have colors I don't recall seeing such colors on them in the series, maybee I ought to look into it.

I wasn't sure about this one myself, but I was just watching the episode "Pineapple Salad" and in there they profile MAX's 1A as it is taking off the deck of the Prometheus to engage MILIA and her cronies. This particular scene shows that the tail fin tips are colored blue. :)

Thanks dude, I still two open a couple of more items. Well the only CF that i have it's the TRU,limited edition, so I don't think I will open that one, I need help transforming a VF-19a I like to display it as a plane