Stealth influenced by Macross?

Lestat

I was cruising through the trailers over on quicktime.com, when I loaded up this one:

Stealth Trailer

I found not only the 'stealth' fighters to look inspired by macross, but also the concept is a total rip of Macross Plus:

New AI fighter is being tested to phase out pilots, something goes wrong, it gains sentience, and decides to wreak havoc... Sounds familliar right?

The fighters also appear to have macross-style heatshields...

Check it out.

btw, not sure if this has already been posted. If not, my bad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was cruising through the trailers over on quicktime.com, when I loaded up this one:

Stealth Trailer

I found not only the 'stealth' fighters to look inspired by macross, but also the concept is a total rip of Macross Plus:

New AI fighter is being tested to phase out pilots, something goes wrong, it gains sentience, and decides to wreak havoc... Sounds familliar right?

Check it out.

It's worth noting that the Macross Plus planes are themselves inspired by real designs(and has paralleled real-world development in some respects, to the degree that Kawamori jokingly accused the developers of the Su-47 of ripping off the YF-19).

And that the Pentagon IS trying to develop AI drones. Besides which, homicidal military robots are nothing new. Ever seen Terminator?

Of course, when your next-gen fighter test with similar plane designs runs into your homicidal AI drone, it certainly does raise a few warning flags.

While the odds are good Stealth is just an "Americanized Macross Plus"(I don't give Hollywood that much credit), there IS a possibility of parallel development, at least of some elements.

At this point there should really be a pinned Stealth thread. This is getting pretty funny.

I have no plans on seeing the movie in the theater either. I might rent it, but we'll see.

well even though this is the umpteenth thread i feel i may say something, i doubt that this has anything to do with macross plus, but u never know, hype williams took the scene from kite and used it for no doubt's exgirlfriend video, but at least he admitted to it.

Stealth Trailer

Check it out.

ooooh! You gonna geeettttt it! :p This particularly crappy looking movie--and it's not so subtle similarities to Mac Plus--has come up quite a few times; so much so in fact, it incurs the wrath and profanities of many a MW member...

ooooh! You gonna geeettttt it! :p This particularly crappy looking movie--and it's not so subtle similarities to Mac Plus--has come up quite a few times; so much so in fact, it incurs the wrath and profanities of many a MW member...

THat's the problem with you MW-ers troll-hunters. Can't we all get along? ;)

PS: I'm not Mgrexx whatshisname in disguise. Really. :D

I saw the trailer and while it does look a lot like Macroos plus without robotsI was reminded more of Short Circuit by the plot.

This left me thinking that it's nothing more the Johnny Five with wings, missiles and a serious distaste for life...

How is Stealth a rip-off of M+? This is new to me.

H

Human pilots argue against being replaced by AI fighters. AI turns on creators. Human pilots take down AI fighter. People "see the light" and opt for human-piloted fighters again. Something like that.

There have been other comparisons, like how the AI's "eye" looks like Sharon Apple's, how the human fighters have similarities to the YF-19, etc.

How is Stealth a rip-off of M+?  This is new to me.

H

Human pilots argue against being replaced by AI fighters. AI turns on creators. Human pilots take down AI fighter. People "see the light" and opt for human-piloted fighters again. Something like that.

There have been other comparisons, like how the AI's "eye" looks like Sharon Apple's, how the human fighters have similarities to the YF-19, etc.

And someone answered! :lol:

How is Stealth a rip-off of M+?  This is new to me.

H

And someone answered! :lol:

Dammit, Hurin! I thought you were being serious!

Now next time, you'll be asking something you honestly don't know, and I'll be all like, "Ha ha! That Hurin! He's trying to get me again!"

Doesn't have the same flair the second time around EXO..... but what I want to know is what this movie Stealth is all about....

that's how I feel when one of these threads pop up.

I made you double back though didn't I? :lol:

that's how I feel when one of these threads pop up.

I made you double back though didn't I? 

Not me I'm on to your little game you! MUWAHAHAHA.....

I just wanna say this though......

STUPID *BLEEP*IN NO GOOD *BLEEP*IN MORONS USE THE *BLEEP*IN SEARCH FUNCTION! THAT'S WHAT IT'S THERE FOR! NO MORE STEALTH! I SEE ONE MORE STEALTH (don't you dare Exo or Hurin) I'LL BE OUT FOR BLOOD! BLOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!!!

.........so who wants to go to the bar and get wasted? :D