Light Saber

bsu legato, on rebelscum MRAmy announced (after much harassment about the subject) that MR does plan on doing a CE of the boba fett blaster. BUT, the plan could still change and be cancelled. AND, it won't come out 2006.

It's big. It's something like 32" long.

OBviously corny but extremely well done!  They had moves in there that were better than what was in the movies!

388948[/snapback]

It's actually funny but there are several moves from this fanfilm that are in the Obi/Anakin fight in EP III.

This film has been circulating for ages. I noticed that ecrapsworld picked it up recently too.

Christ I didn't realize the Maul staff saber was out already! 185 bucks on TSV, but they wont get anymore till late April................poo do I wanna fork that much money over? : /

390586[/snapback]

What it's out already!?!?

SWEET!! :D

I'm gonna go check out TSV right now.

Thanks for the heads up!

I saw the Maul dual at Frank & Sons today. I'm thinking I'll wait... it will probably $150 and less for the dual pack in a couple months...

Besides, I finally found a Hikaru VF-1S for a reasonable price (and we're talking 2002 prices here). Box was dinged up but I'm opening and stickering up anyways and gonna toss the box (maybe keep the front flap).

• 4 weeks later...
So has anyone ordered and received the Qui-gon Jinn LE lightsaber?  There's pics up on rebelscum and that thing looks good. :D

397860[/snapback]

Nope, but the pics do look good. I'm still hoping I can scrape together the cash to buy one of the last Obi Wan sabers, before they go out of production, but its not looking good. If that doesn't happen, I'll probably buy the replica parts to make an ANH version.

Edited by bsu legato

• 2 weeks later...
i got my first FX lightsaber and it's the maul double one.  pretty cool but way too long to play around with.

Fansub, who dat girl you posted up?  not a bad looker there.  she almost looks like my cousins' sister in law.

397908[/snapback]

i've got one on order that i'm having a luxeon conversion on.

after i get it, i plan on cutting each blade down, probably 4" off each end if i'm guessing right. it'll make it easier to wield.

what is the length of each blade and the length of the combined sabers w/o blades?

i want to cut it down to the same size as my bo.

i was wondering if any body ever made a saber from a Graflex flash handle or from scratch ?

I'm considering getting a Graflex handle and doing this.

I've googled the heck out of this and it seems fairly straight forward.

Is it worth it? What i really want is a removeable blade.

I thought about buying a modified Master Replicas FX.

There some I thnk look nice and may buy.

I have a Darth Vader FX lightsaber. I always wanted to get one and so I decided to put out the $$$ during Christmas when Borders had a 35% sale on everything. I would like to get the Darth Maul double Lightsaber. And they just came out with an pre order for a new Obi Wan FX...ALways thought that one looked pretty cool.

i was wondering if any body ever made a saber from a Graflex flash handle or from scratch ?

I'm considering getting a Graflex handle and doing this.

I've googled the heck out of this and it seems fairly straight forward.

Is it worth it? What i really want is a removeable blade.

I thought about buying a modified Master Replicas FX.

There some I thnk look nice and may buy.

401930[/snapback]

There are kits you can buy of replica graflex camera flashes with all the parts necessary to add to make your own Luke ANH or ESB lightsaber replica. If you don't want a static handle, and you want one that has an electroluminescent blade or LED blade made of polycarbonate, then I think there's some kits too and some places that make and sell them.

If you're thinking of doing a replica of the Obi-wan Kenobi ANH lightsaber you might want to check out Roman's Empire for getting your parts (in particular the emitter, which is innaccurate on the Master Replicas piece, since the part was identified only recently):Roman's Empire

Roman has a good reputation on the replica prop forum.

I unfortunately can't recall any trustworthy places to get graflex replicas. There is Parks, but he's got a questionable reputation and I've heard a lot of horror stories about him which include long wait time for products, poor customer service, and a bad attitude. I have heard good things as well, but to get a better idea if you're thinking of getting a graflex from him (either a replica camera flash to turn into a lightsaber, or an EL lightsaber) read up on him on the replica prop forum.

thanks

I've heard the same things about Parks. I'm looking through other shops for the Graflex handle. its not easy to come by.

I'll be sure to chekc out Roman's though.

thanks

The emitter is a "Rolls Royce derwent engine balance pipe" or something like that. A part of a jet engine or something, I forgot what era it's from, but suffice to say you won't be getting ahold of an original.

The "gear" the part that rests between the graflex clamp and the armitage shanks faucet handle, is a Browning ANM2 machinegun booster.

Yeah it's too bad that Parks seems so be the only one offering replica flash guns. :( I searched to see if Larbel was still doing replica graflex flash guns, but his site is down and it looks like it's been down for quite a while.

Well, Macross73, maybe you can pick up a Parks graflex replica from an ebay dealer, that way you get it right away and you're not giving money to Parks. :p

what i'm really hoping to do is find one at an antique shop but who knows

I'm really temptated to just use ebay and get it now.

edit : i just looked up parks website and saw 12 - 14 weeks for delivery!

for those that are interested prices start about $150

http://www.parksabers.com/features_info.html

I think i'll take my chances on ebay right now.

Edited by Macross73

The emitter is a "Rolls Royce derwent engine balance pipe" or something like that.  A part of a jet engine or something, I forgot what era it's from, but suffice to say you won't be getting ahold of an original.

The "gear" the part that rests between the graflex clamp and the armitage shanks faucet handle, is a Browning ANM2 machinegun booster.

Yeah it's too bad that Parks seems so be the only one offering replica flash guns. :(  I searched to see if Larbel was still doing replica graflex flash guns, but his site is down and it looks like it's been down for quite a while.

Well, Macross73, maybe you can pick up a Parks graflex replica from an ebay dealer, that way you get it right away and you're not giving money to Parks. :p

402036[/snapback]

I believe the Larbel guy went to work for MR.

I still have an ObiWan TPM Larbel I'm trying to sell :)

over at fx-sabers, they have some places where they talk about getting stuff and making them.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/

look here, this guy is making Luxeon Graflex sabers, I think,

search through the thread, he might tell you where he's getting them, i haven't read the thread

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3480.0

also try

the custom saber shop

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/Scripts/default.asp

• 4 weeks later...

post-3216-1150859652_thumb.jpg

just got this off ebay

i should get it this week.

edit-

item description:

This is a custom hand built lightsaber with a 5 watt Luxeon white led with a cyan filter and with a Luxdrive Buckpuck led driver, it requires 8 AA batteries to operate (batteries included).

This is a stunt saber with a 1 inch diameter thick walled polycarbonate blade with a custom diffuser material so you can duel without fear of breaking it.

The hilt is 10.5 inches long and has a detachable 40 inch blade with a metal blade holder and a thumb screw that secures the blade to the hilt, custom grips, D ring belt clip.

Edited by Macross73

who built it? was it ultrasabers on ebay?

here is my STOCK MR Vader next to my Ultrasabers converted Maul FX.

this converted Maul is using a 3watt luxeon. has all the sounds still.

with flash

dsc024823bk.jpg

with slow flash

dsc024835yc.jpg

with no flash

dsc024840cc.jpg

post-3216-1150859652_thumb.jpg

just got this off ebay

i should get it this week.

edit-

item description:

This  is a custom hand built lightsaber with a 5 watt Luxeon white led with a cyan filter and with a Luxdrive Buckpuck led driver, it requires 8 AA batteries to operate (batteries included).

This is a stunt saber with a 1 inch diameter thick walled polycarbonate blade with a custom diffuser material so you can duel without fear of breaking it. 

The hilt is 10.5 inches long and has a detachable 40 inch blade with a metal blade holder and a thumb screw that secures the blade to the hilt, custom grips, D ring belt clip.

409658[/snapback]

The sellers name is Do-clo. I'm thinking of buying from

SWG at some point, not sure or the

www.thecustomsabershop.com

Edited by Macross73