Pepsi Can (and possibly a Heineken can)

Valk009

I have been just told that the artist responsible for only the missiles scenes in DYRL added a little special touch, namely a Pepsi can and possibly a Heineken can as missiles in the final scene where Hikaru is piloting the VF-1S to fight Boldoza.

Is this true? Has Anyone every mentioned this previously?

Just curious,

Andy :)

This is something that is very well known and has been discussed countless times previously on this forum.

They are not a Pepsi can and a Heineken. However told you that does not know what they are talking about.

The two cans are a Budweiser and an Octopus Highball.

Graham

This is something that is very well known and has been discussed countless times previously on this forum.

They are not a Pepsi can and a Heineken. However told you that does not know what they are talking about.

The two cans are a Budweiser and an Octopus Highball.

Graham

They have Bud in Japan?!@! I thought they loved the saki! B))

The Yamato 1/48 toys come with the Budweiser and Octopus stickers ready to place on the micro-missiles so you can recreate that scene in perfect detail.

However, the label design they used for the toys is the more modern one which differs from the 80's version as appears in the movie, so it's not exactly 100% accurate, but if you're gonna be anal about THAT... :D

I don't remember having Bud, but they have plenty of Japanese domestic beer (Asahi, Kirin, etc) that's just as bad as Budweiser.

I quite like Asahi Dry.

Can't stand Budweiser though.

Yeah, truth be told Asahi is quite a bit better than Bud or the other big American beers. You can buy 3-liter CANS of the stuff in Japan, so that really counts for a lot in my opinion.

The Yamato 1/48 toys come with the Budweiser and Octopus stickers ready to place on the micro-missiles so you can recreate that scene in perfect detail.

However, the label design they used for the toys is the more modern one which differs from the 80's version as appears in the movie, so it's not exactly 100% accurate, but if you're gonna be anal about THAT...   :D

:blink:

You mean those micro missiles in the HMMP-02 micro-missile launcher pods? Just wrap the sticker around one of those tiny missiles? :huh:

HAHA! That's funny! :lol:

And what's even funnier is the fact that I didn't know which missiles people were talking about. I first thought those stickers goes on those huge RMS-1 reaction missiles to replace where the red triangle type stickers go, and I said to myself, "How the heck does that make it look like cans we see flying across the screen?!". :huh:

Well now I know. HAHA! :lol:

Edited by Wheels

I've seen the Bud missile. I always get a kick out of that. But please educate the ignorant American. What's an octopus highball?

The Compendium entry:

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/encyclo...ghball_missile/

A little entry in AFM:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.fa...4ba8187c3c14408

I've seen the Bud missile.  I always get a kick out of that.  But please educate the ignorant American.  What's an octopus highball?

The Compendium entry:

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/encyclo...ghball_missile/

A little entry in AFM:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.fa...4ba8187c3c14408

Well that explains what a octopus highball is. :lol:

Speaking of recreating that scene in perfect detail, I wonder if its possible to make a custom diorama of the 1/48 in mid barrel roll, firing its mini missles, which are suspended with wire or something......that would be pretty cool. ;)

does anyone have any good screenshots of the missles when they are being shot?

thnaks

chris

Japan drinks a lot of beer, hell, you can buy it from vending machines over there. I don't remember having Bud, but they have plenty of Japanese domestic beer (Asahi, Kirin, etc) that's just as bad as Budweiser.

As far as Japanese beer brands go, nothing beats Orion Beer. I've hardly tasted any other brand that goes down as smooth as Orion does.

FEH - Japanese beer is piss water.

For that matter, so is American beer. If it doesn't come from Britain, Ireland, or Germany, you can keep it.

Don't lump all American beer together. Some of the best beer in the world comes from American craft brewers like Rogue, Victory, Three Floyds, Stone, and others. Belgium monks also make some of the greatest beer in the world.

Japan drinks a lot of beer, hell, you can buy it from vending machines over there. I don't remember having Bud, but they have plenty of Japanese domestic beer (Asahi, Kirin, etc) that's just as bad as Budweiser.

As far as Japanese beer brands go, nothing beats Orion Beer. I've hardly tasted any other brand that goes down as smooth as Orion does.

Good stuff! I used to live about a mile from the brewery in Nago. One of the best beers I have ever had off the tap.

Personally I find Warsteiner and Kostritzer more to my liking. Saporro and Asahi aren't too bad. In pinch I'll drink Corona.

Smoothest beer I ever had would be Harbin Beer though, pity I haven't found anywhere outside of Harbin that actually carries it <_<

Here are my personal favorite beers by region:

Asia

Orion (Japan)

San Miguel Super Dry (Philippines)

Sapporo (Japan)

Tsingtao (China)

Asahi Dry (Japan)

Europe

St. Pauli's Girl (Germany)

Grolsch (Holland)

Heineken (Holland)

Lowenbrau (Sweden)

Beck's (Germany)

North America

Gordon Biersch Märzen (USA)

Labatt Blue (Canada)

Corona (Mexico)

Samuel Adams (USA)

Budweiser Select (USA)

Australia

Fosters

japanese beers are meh...., but my favorite beers are , Sierra Nevada, Hefeweizen, Full Sail, Murphys, Wicked Ale, and Guiness...i use to drink Budweiser(aka Buttwiper) in college but got so sick of it...ugh i cant stand Corona people who drink it have bad taste in beers plus it taste like piss.

Edited by Murphy

FYI, Guinness is Stout, NOT beer. And while I occasionally drink beer, I'm more into hard liquor - especially Jägermeister, Ketel One, Captain Morgan + Coke, and the occasional Vodka Martini (shaken, not stirred).

I agree, beer makes me sick and with the exception of one time I've never been able to get drunk off the stuff. If I'm drinking it'll be vodka (straight or mixed, depending on what kind) or tequila is I'm feeling saucy.

I'm generally a beer man with Fosters being my prefered brew these days. I do like the odd pint of Strongbow cider now and again though.

When not drinking beer or cider, I can be found with either a rum and coke or a screwdriver in hand.

Graham

I agree, beer makes me sick and with the exception of one time I've never been able to get drunk off the stuff. If I'm drinking it'll be vodka (straight or mixed, depending on what kind) or tequila is I'm feeling saucy.

Beer, for the most part, doesn't make me sick (except maybe for Coors Light, which gave me bad indigestion). Lately, I've been drinking a lot of Smirnoff Ice, as I found out that it's just alcoholic lemonade. Haven't tried the Triple Black one, though.