Trailer for Takara Prime?

Akilae

The dual tandems (those would be the wheels etc for those unversed in trailer lingo) just kill it for me. MP Prime's biggest flaw IMHO is the entire wheel/fender/suspension setup. Completely utterly unrealistic to a real semi. Hotwheels are more accurate. And this trailer just copies it and emphasizes it.

Not to mention that Prime's wheels (size-wise) are very disproportionate compared to the rest of the toy/real trucks, which has always made it hard to try to calculate what scale MP Prime is. When only part of it is to scale with itself, what scale is it?

Of course, I've ranted (not here though) quite a lot on how much vehicle mode was sacrificed on MP Prime for robot mode, to the point that very minor robot mode improvements came at major inaccuracies for truck mode... (I have always favored vehicle modes in any toy, from G1 to Macross---which is why TF Armada etc does nothing for me but I loved TF Robots in Disguise)

cost too much imo.

average $60, but $25-$45 for shipping are all the auctions I've seen.

I'd pay no more than $60 shipped just to complete my prime.

he's still misb because i haven't found a decent trailer.

Of course, I've ranted (not here though) quite a lot on how much vehicle mode was sacrificed on MP Prime for robot mode, to the point that very minor robot mode improvements came at major inaccuracies for truck mode... (I have always favored vehicle modes in any toy, from G1 to Macross---

Yes, the small wheels really spoil the vehicle mode.

I have the same preference for accurate vehicle mode for any transforming toy (which is why the Yamato 1/48 VF-1 is so cool IMHO). The Binaltechs must be your favourite transformers then? Problem is that their 'robot' mode is gawdawful...just look at them from the back! Ughhhh...

I ordered one from www.toy-wave.com for $50 and it should be arriving in the next week or so. All I really hear are complaints when it comes to this trailer because it's either too short, or doesn't open like the original, doesn't include Roller, not realistic, etc. I could really care less about all that as my MP Optimus will finally have a trailer for his alt mode while everyone else is sitting around and bitchin', waiting for Takara/Hasbro to make that perfect trailer that may very well never come.

Well I'ma pick mine up next week. Hopefully it looks good and it opens up.

Edited by BoBe-Patt

Binaltech/Alternators:

Actually like Smokescreen the most. The rest of the line is quickly becoming shellformers. Tracks especially.

Smokescreen, Meister and over drive are the best at avoiding the shell method of transformation.

Hound, grimlock and sideswipe have a lil to much hanging of but still are not to bad.

Tracks is pretty horrid when it comes to kibble issues though...

I always liked the G1 Prime, if only it had a better robot mode... maybe the new Transformers movie will bring in a new line of "perfect" Transformers?

Any chance of a review from you guys getting the trailer when it arrives? If it's not too bad, then I'm going to be nabbing the whole Prime + Trailer set one of the local dealers is offering.

MP prime is as perfect as it gets. If u want to look at a 100% realistic truck go buy a model of a truck. Prime's truck mode has its own look, and i like that.

And the G1 Transformers r so pathetic i would nieva buy one. I almost bought a G1 prime 2 yrs before the MP came out, im so glad i didnt.

my 2 centz

Is the current trailer die cast, plastic or what? For some odd reason, I am holding back purchasing the trailer because it isn't made by takara or hasbro... I wonder how the dimensions of this trailer compare to the cardboard trailer? Stupid of takara not to make a trailer, cause money can obviously be made. But now I am wondering, is takara going to make a proper trailer as well include accesories for inside the trailer?

Edited by marx

Binaltech/Alternators:

Actually like Smokescreen the most.  The rest of the line is quickly becoming shellformers.  Tracks especially.

Smokescreen, Meister and over drive are the best at avoiding the shell method of transformation.

Hound, grimlock and sideswipe have a lil to much hanging of but still are not to bad.

I've always had to wonder about the standards by how some people decide ifa Transformer is a "shellformer". I look at some of the Alternators people say are "shellformers" then look back and can only come to the conclusion that there have been "shellformers" since the Diaclones.

I've been considering this trailer, it looks better than anything I could make myself. The question remains, though, how much am I willing to spend on one? I mean, there's seriously no reason why a mass produced, non-transforming plastic trailer needs to cost as much as MPC Prime.

Binaltech/Alternators:

Actually like Smokescreen the most.  The rest of the line is quickly becoming shellformers.   Tracks especially.

I've always had to wonder about the standards by how some people decide ifa Transformer is a "shellformer". I look at some of the Alternators people say are "shellformers" then look back and can only come to the conclusion that there have been "shellformers" since the Diaclones.

I've been considering this trailer, it looks better than anything I could make myself. The question remains, though, how much am I willing to spend on one? I mean, there's seriously no reason why a mass produced, non-transforming plastic trailer needs to cost as much as MPC Prime.

Well, lets take tracks. There really isn't much effort to intergrate the car parts into the robot mode. He is pretty much a folded up robot inside the shell of a car with his car bits hanging off in bot mode.

Smokescreen and Meister really do a good job of using the car parts as intergrated elements of the robot. The hood as a chest, the rear windows as feet, and the roof as the back. The only parts of the car that really seem to hang off to me are the doors.

Uhhh...shouldn't this be discussed in the Transformers Thread 2?

Not really, because too much is lost in just one thread. Why do you care anyways? Sometimes I wonder the motivations of people who try to close threads. While we are on the topic of dumbing down an entire series into just one thread we might as well apply the same logic to Macross. One thread for all valkyrie toys. That would be a bad idea. There are too many different brands of valkyries. Just as there are too many transformers series. It is a bit of a disservice to the transformers fans when a particular line is dumbed down into just one thread. Then you would probably say, this is not a transformers forum it is a macross forum. Then I would point to the fact that this is called an Other Anime or Science fiction forum. What seperates macrossworld from other forums is the people. I would say that the collectors and toy enthusiasts that make up Macrossworld have a broader knowledge than the people of other fansites. MWers place all things under careful scrutiny before making the commitment of a purchase. Because of the higher caliber of macrossworld I would say it is a disservice to all mwers when trying to dumb a topic down into just one thread. The trans fans who are mild Macross enthusiasts will get frustrated and leave. A piece of the good community that makes up macrossworld is then lost. Ideas and oppinions are lost through these actions. A quote from John Donne to place things in perspective. "No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind...."

I do not intend to highjack this thread. The discussion was on the trailer. Thank you.

I will probably buy the trailer because it is better than cardboard and takara probably won't make a trailer now.

Edited by marx

Uhhh...shouldn't this be discussed in the Transformers Thread 2?

Not really, because too much is lost in just one thread. Why do you care anyways? Sometimes I wonder the motivations of people who try to close threads. While we are on the topic of dumbing down an entire series into just one thread we might as well apply the same logic to Macross. One thread for all valkyrie toys. That would be a bad idea. There are too many different brands of valkyries. Just as there are too many transformers series. It is a bit of a disservice to the transformers fans when a particular line is dumbed down into just one thread. Then you would probably say, this is not a transformers forum it is a macross forum. Then I would point to the fact that this is called an Other Anime or Science fiction forum. What seperates macrossworld from other forums is the people. I would say that the collectors and toy enthusiasts that make up Macrossworld have a broader knowledge than the people of other fansites. MWers place all things under careful scrutiny before making the commitment of a purchase. Because of the higher caliber of macrossworld I would say it is a disservice to all mwers when trying to dumb a topic down into just one thread. The trans fans who are mild Macross enthusiasts will get frustrated and leave. A piece of the good community that makes up macrossworld is then lost. Ideas and oppinions are lost through these actions. A quote from John Donne to place things in perspective. "No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind...."

I do not intend to highjack this thread. The discussion was on the trailer. Thank you.

You know, I very nearly posted something like this awhile back. Good for you, Marx.

I see a comeback argument - "if you want to talk about Transformers specifically, why don't you go to TFW2005 or tfans?" To this, I have no answer. You're right, I/we probably should. But we just like MW so much better. Is that so wrong?

Jesus. All these born-to-be-librarian types.

Ahem... alright, back to the trailer if it's allowed...

I can overlook the small wheels and the not-so-square Prime cabin, but my main beef is that the trailer seems to sit awfully high compared to the cabin, and the tiny wheels don't help with the effect...

*obscure reference* Would be cool if one of the alternators came as a black Trans-Am though... :D *obscure reference*

the tires are the same size as the mp prime, actualy they are the same tires and rims. this item is made by just toys. im not clear as to how come they made it, i guess its more of a fan made piece. its mostly plastic there is a little bit of diecast near the wheels. it sits well on the mp prime and it has the same metalic blue paint. its a very nice size. the box is very close in design to the mp boxes, i compared it to an mp ultramagnus box. overall i thinks its really a nice piece

Michael, "Better use the Turbo Boost!"

KIT, "Wait! Michael! I can only use the Turbo Boost once per episode!"

Michael, "Well I'm using it!"

ZooooooOOOOOOO*CRASH*

KITT: "I TOLD you Micheal! NOW will you hit the dang transformation button, so I can start climbing this cliff you just launched us down?"

MP Prime is mediocre as a truck IMO, but is damned near perfect in Robot mode. Basically the opposite of the Alternators / Binaltech. Hopefully one of these days, there will be Transformers that can do both...

Well, I got my OP Trailer today. Lots of great detail on the outside and it functions well for its purpose. While there's not a whole lot of room in the trailer to fit more than one BT/Alternator comfortably, there are tire stops in the trailer to keep them from rolling around. Here's some pics:

1113411730913_OP_Trailer_2.jpg

1113729344416_OP_Trailer_3.jpg

1113703874366_OP_Trailer_1.jpg

That's pretty cool, we atleast they kept the idea from the cartoons where Prime transports others in his trailer.

I just wish they would make a Cosmos in that scale, or even a Skylynx. Both allowing autobots to get inside an pilot the Cosmos and Skylynx. :rolleyes:

BTW- Is roller included with the trailer?

I like how it includes the same details as the G1 trailer, including the "square hole" toward the front of the trailer, which I always found out of place - but for nostalgic reasons, it works.

How long until a transformable one is modded from one of these?

BTW- Is roller included with the trailer?

Nope, no Roller included. Oh well, I'm happy with the trailer as MP Optimus Prime looks much better with a "real" trailer instead of the cardboard one Takara supplied. They are nearly the same dimensions by the way.

1114533736602_OP_Trailer_4.jpg

I'm impressed that he made UM's armor but definitely not that impressed to fork over $750 for it.

$200 for Prowl?

Silverstreak body and Smokescreens head. $40

Police lightbar $15

Paint ~ $10

Stickers/decals let's say $20

Nah. I'll make Prowl myself. B))