Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Guest sh002

How would you rate the robot designs on a scale of 1 to 10? Since this is Macross World I'd give Macross designs a 9. I'd give the Transformers movie designs a 5.

And I'm sure in a Transformers forum, they'd get a 9 while Macross would get a negative number that would be out of this world.

I just don't care about hwo they look anymore cause they're not gonna change it or anything...so I'm learning to live with what we've been given.

Guest sh002

They wouldn't get a 9 necessarily in a TF forum. Ok with 20+ years of cool robot designs from different series and not only Transformers, I'd give the movie designs a 5.

Edited by sh002

I am hoping that was just some lag because it's on the net because him saying "My name is Optimus Prime" was nowhere near on cue with his lip movement. I wanted to run from Godzilla. =\

And using movie trailer guy who sounds like Peter Cullen (or is it him?) is probably a bit too much.

But overall I am wanting to see this more and more.

Yeah...cuz he sounds the same in the trailer when he uttered that line "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" but in the video i posted above sounds kinda raspy...maybe that's cause his face plate is off. :lol:

Yeah...cuz he sounds the same in the trailer when he uttered that line "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" but in the video i posted above sounds kinda raspy...maybe that's cause his face plate is off. :lol:

I don't think it's the faceplate being off. I think Cullen's still "got it," but Bay must have used a HELL of a lot of voice processing. The damn thing is, there is SO MUCH voice processing, it's essentially lost the "Cullen"ness of it all. With THAT much processing, you or I could be Optimus Prime and we could make our voices sound like that too.

It doesn't seem to sound to bad to me. Just deeper. And it is only one line from the film, so who knows if it sounds much different overall...

EDIT: If you watch the video at http://transformersgame.com/, Cullen's voice work sounds closer to what I remember. And since it is a game for the film, I assume that his work will be in the same vein for both.

Edited by Prime

• 3 weeks later...

That site has some really interesting stuff.

The pictures are good too. Shows that they are thinking about it all. At least the heads look a little G1ish so there is some throwback continuity to the old school days. I have hope for this film now.

Cool....megatron looks less "alienny" and they fixed his window wiper hands. Starscream has the inverted knee legs. Hmmm...maybe he can have a gerwalk mode? :lol: