Macross II versus Macross 7

bsu legato

Which do you hate the most?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you hate the most?

• Macross 7 - Basara and clown-faced valks with boobs
    • Macross II - no Kawamori = not Macross
    • Neither - I'm a consumer whore and will buy anything Macross

Of course, that's all IF the poll is a statistically signifigant sampling, which at this point it isn't.

And if you look at any poll, their not accurate since normally, they never actually take a complete sample. When you see news reports about polls saying this or that, notice that the sample group is significantly smaller when applied to the larger group. Margins of error are applied but it is still not a complete nor accurate poll. :lol:

Of course, that's all IF the poll is a statistically signifigant sampling, which at this point it isn't.

And if you look at any poll, their not accurate since normally, they never actually take a complete sample. When you see news reports about polls saying this or that, notice that the sample group is significantly smaller when applied to the larger group. Margins of error are applied but it is still not a complete nor accurate poll. :lol:

Phrasing of the questions also affects the answers.

As an example... this poll's "neither" option. The "consumer whore" crack encourages people to choose one of the other 2 choices.

Hypothetically, anyways.

Edited by JB0

Weak people ALWAYS complain about polls when they don't like the result.

Hey, I was thinking that before anyone voted. I only mention it because the methodology of polls came up.

Anyways, this one is as biased against Mac2 as Mac7.

Weak people ALWAYS complain about polls when they don't like the result.

So either you're a pussy that won't debate and now apparently if you do, according to you, you're weak. :rolleyes:

I'm the one debating. The M7 fans are the only ones cryin.

I hate Macross 7 way more than the Macross II -- any day of the week! M7 fans, feel free to disagree, because I don't give a poo. As far as SK's involvement with M7, being a lont-time Macross fan, I'd have absolutely no hesitation in saying to him, face to face, "what the bloody hell were you thinking?"

Yeah, I think this stirs the pot pretty good! :)

edit: I did not use the word "poo"; just for the record. :)

Edited by Wicked Ace

As far as SK's involvement with M7, being a lont-time Macross fan, I'd have absolutely no hesitation in saying to him, face to face, "what the bloody hell were you thinking?"

Problem is , Kawamori was NOT involved that much in the production of Macross 7 because he was in fact closely working in Macross PlusĀ“s production at the time , hece its ĀØcrapynessĀØ as some would put it.

The responsability lies in Studio 4ĀŗC and BW itself IMO , because of their greedy needs for merchandising ( this fact is responsible for Macross Plus production after all so we should have to thanks M7 for letting us have Macross Plus in some weird way ).

I'm the one debating. The M7 fans are the only ones cryin.

isnĀ“t your post just that ?

if M7 fans are such whinny little girly man why do you care so much ? afterall , youĀ“re too great for that kind of attitude.

from your point of view it would seem nonsensical to post in these threads since most of the people that post in them are not worthy of your presence. right ?

For those who think that banning M7 threads is a just a whinny response from M7 fans then youĀ“re overvaluing M7 fanboyism a little too much.

What purpose does this thread serve when thereĀ“s been like 100s of other M7 threads before this ? and WE KNOW the end result if each freaking single one !!

IsnĀ“t it a message board RULE to close and ban all threads thatĀ“ve been posted before ?

isnĀ“t this one of them too ?

Do we not emphasize to newbies that they should NOT post a thread without searching for the topic before hand ?

Or am I totally wrong and this is supposed to THE only and FIRST M7 thread/poll EVER to be posted in the history of MacrossWorld ?

I stand right in saying M7 threads should be closed from now on given the evidence that this and any other past and future M7 thread is just a repetition of itself in both its purpose and its nature.

Edited by Aegis!

"whatever" :rolleyes:

M7 fans just need to admit that for whatever reason they like something that most hate, and most consider weak and sissy.

I can't believe they just don't accept it. I mean I am a fan of a ton of stuff that most consider lame, but I am enough of a human being to laugh at my own taste and take the criticism. I have mentioned on multiple occasions on MW that I am a fan of Barry Manallow. I can see however why so many hate him, he is just a cheesball, but I like his music anyway.

"whatever"Ā  :rolleyes:

M7 fans just need to admit that for whatever reason they like something that most hate, and most consider weak and sissy.

I can't believe they just don't accept it. I mean I am a fan of a ton of stuff that most consider lame, but I am enough of a human being to laugh at my own taste and take the criticism. I have mentioned on multiple occasions on MW that I am a fan of Barry Manallow. I can see however why so many hate him, he is just a cheesball, but I like his music anyway.

LOL!

I must admit, this is the first time I noticed that you were a fan of Manilow. I have to say, that is pretty messed up. I suppose to each his own, but the great-ego-persona of AgentOne and "copacabana" are two things I never would have linked in a lifetime :)

Seriously thinking of starting a Macross 7 thread just for those of us that like the series, so that we can discuss it in peace.

Anybody posting negative comments in that thread, e.g. "Macross 7 sucks", "Valks with faces are gay" etc will have their posts deleted. Repeat offenders, those that constantly post crap in the thread will face a ban.

Graham

LOL!

I must admit, this is the first time I noticed that you were a fan of Manilow. I have to say, that is pretty messed up. I suppose to each his own, but the great-ego-persona of AgentOne and "copacabana" are two things I never would have linked in a lifetime :)

That's cuz a Manillow concert helped him pick up alot of chicks one time.... in the same night! :unsure:

Anybody posting negative comments in that thread, e.g. "Macross 7 sucks", "Valks with faces are gay" etc ...

That reminds me...

Am I the only person that sees a certain Gundam style to Basara's valk?

Obviously Gundams don't have mouths, but other than that...

Edited by JB0

Seriously thinking of starting a Macross 7 thread just for those of us that like the series, so that we can discuss it in peace.

Anybody posting negative comments in that thread, e.g. "Macross 7 sucks", "Valks with faces are gay" etc will have their posts deleted. Repeat offenders, those that constantly post crap in the thread will face a ban.

Graham

It's been so long since such a thing happened.....what would we talk about?

Anybody posting negative comments in that thread, e.g. "Macross 7 sucks", "Valks with faces are gay" etc ...

That reminds me...

Am I the only person that sees a certain Gundam style to Basara's valk?

Obviously Gundams don't have mouths, but other than that...

It's because Gundams have facial likenesses which, just about all, valkyries don't except for the VF-19 Kai

I have mentioned on multiple occasions on MW that I am a fan of Barry Manallow. I can see however why so many hate him, he is just a cheesball, but I like his music anyway.

Talk about exposing your greatness... :lol:

Seriously, I won't vote in the poll because I never saw Macross 7, but I admit I have a strong negative impression going into it. Mainly because Basara and the philosophy of pacifism, I got problems with pacifism. That of course leads to political discussion which is not permitted so I leave it at that.

Maybe I'm all wrong, but my impression is that M7 features Basara and friends and their musical Valks and they preach a message of peace. It's a show that seems to have a political message behind it and that will always turn off a lot of would be fans. Thus the vitriolic debates about M7 all the time.

I don't mind the 'war is hell' theme that is in the original series or Mospeada for example, but the 'war is wrong' message irk's me. There's a mountain of difference between 'war is hell' and 'war is wrong'.

Macross II... I saw it once years and years ago, and I can't remember anything but that there was a reporter in a Valk...? Pretty forgettable unfortunately.

Guest Bromgrev

I'm seriously thinking of actually watching Macross 7, now. There's got to be something in it to stir up such anger. I can never form coherent and comprehensive arguments against shows I hate, because I stop watching them long before I know enough about them ... :p

Oh, Mandy, la la la ... :D (sorry, that's all I can remember)

(in all honesty, I'm amazed this post is still running... these never seem to last long)

I like them both. I almost like M7 better than Macross Plus. More to the point, (with the sole exception of the last episode of Zero), I've yet to see a part of Macross that I didn't like. In fact, I feel that those who hate M7 are showing a decided lack of security in their manliness, or are in fact, not real men at all :)

MII? Bah, cool mechs and women with big titties. Lots of explosions and death, what more does a good anime short-series need? ( not enough time for a real story)

Edited by Skull Leader

Graham

I suggest a separate subforum in the Movie and TV series section. I think you can password protect it too. Tamim used to do that on his boards for a special section.

I don't mind the 'war is hell' theme that is in the original series or Mospeada for example, but the 'war is wrong' message irk's me. There's a mountain of difference between 'war is hell' and 'war is wrong'.

Actually, the theme I got out of SDF was 'war is wrong if it's avoidable'. I thought that was a pretty overt theme, as well. Not really subtle.

Actually, I should amend my last post. "War is wrong if it's avoidable" is a moralist oversimplification. Rather, "war is not always the only or even the best solution" maybe?

Graham

Dude,

If you want me to tone it down, thats one thing, but disallowing open discussion on a topic is what communists do. AND THIS SITE IS HOSTED IN AMERICA! FU(K YEAH!!!

AND THIS SITE IS HOSTED IN AMERICA!Ā  Ā  FU(K YEAH!!!

Actually, being hosted in America means the server has more legal limitations than most any other country.

Yeah, ecept we are talking about freedom of speech, which is NEVER restricted in the USofA. You seem to miss the point in just about everything you comment on? Do you have poor reading skills or are you just stupid?

AND THIS SITE IS HOSTED IN AMERICA!Ā  Ā  FU(K YEAH!!!

Actually, being hosted in America means the server has more legal limitations than most any other country.

Yeah, ecept we are talking about freedom of speech, which is NEVER restricted in the USofA. You seem to miss the point in just about everything you comment on? Do you have poor reading skills or are you just stupid?

Actually, this is a privately owned website. There is no freedom of speech here. The rules are what Shawn says they are, he pays the bills. So, unless Shawn has a problem, I don't see a problem.

Creating any special forums or whatnot exclusively for positive M7 reactions would clearly mark the end of any real discussion on Macross World. What next, some of us get upset that there were negative comments about Macross Zero, so we make a password protected M:Zero subforum so we can all shield ourselves from any criticism? Then the Macross 2 fans (all three of them) would demand the same thing, so that they may swoon over Ishtar without any "outsiders" disturbing their fun. Hell, we could expand this notion beyond the "TV and Movies" section. Chunky Monkey lovers could get their own forum, free from Yamato lovers who do nothing but throw around words like "Better Sculpt" and "Articulation." Modelers can get their own forums too. ARII veterans can discuss the way things used to be, before Hasegawa came along. Hell, the Sci Fi & Anime section would benefit the most from this. Fans would be free to discuss Evangelion without having to resort to shrill accusations of "You just didn't understand it!" And need I mention Star Wars?

Or people could just accept the idea that not everybody likes Macross 7, and they're entitled to their own opinions. Mods could and should be entitled to delete replies that flame people, and people should be equally discouraged from posting "It rules" just as much as "It sucks." Anything beyond that kills the notion of discussion.