New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

this makes me wonder....does yamato gets their idea on what's gonna be next in the assembly line from MW?....like the cannon fodder and the TV hands...hmm..

well, they can always use the old molds to make the TV hands for the GBP becuz AFAIK, GBP also appeared in the TV series...why bother to make the TV hands?...Im not bitchin..well, I'm, like most of you, glad that they finally make the TV hands.....its just that Im wondering...are they monitoring us?

aaajin

Probably not.

We aren't that special over here. I'm sure we aren't the only ones who disliked the hands on the DYRL valks. And releasing the CF is just common sense.

They have people who study the market. . . and I'm pretty sure they're much more interested in what their Japanese customers have to say.

Very good point Hurin!

Well, the last batch of Hikaru VF-1J 1/48 non fastpack that I know of in the Osaka area sold out.  Volks had a 50-70% off sale today, on EVERYTHING. All the 1/48 were gone by the time I got there, even the 1A Hikaru  :(  Lets hope for a bundle pack release for the GPB

damn dood, 50-70% off! :o you never see that on anime toys here. :(

Damn right! :( I've never seen any anime store go that low, even when closing for business. Sigh. :unsure:

Well, the last batch of Hikaru VF-1J 1/48 non fastpack that I know of in the Osaka area sold out.  Volks had a 50-70% off sale today, on EVERYTHING. All the 1/48 were gone by the time I got there, even the 1A Hikaru  :(  Lets hope for a bundle pack release for the GPB

Damn right! :( I've never seen any anime store go that low, even when closing for business. Sigh. :unsure:

Whoa! Volks is always so expensive! Man. Wish I'd known sooner.

Anyone know any available vf-1js in the Tokyo area (that are not over retail price)? I'm still hopping for a bundle pack but I would like to buy one just in case. I've been searching for one in the past few months but nothing.

The GBP-1S "Sumo" armor looks really good, and the inclusion of DYRL? detachable hands is a very welcome addition. But there is one thing that bothers me a little with the front view picture: the chest armor is so bulky that it makes the head of the Valkyrie look like its sunk in, like its a turtle tucking its noggin into it's shell; this may be just due to the angle of the shot or a poorly mounted prototype on the 1J, but that is my one bit of criticism with this 1/48 rendition...I have a 1/60 and it does not have this scrunched head look. Regardless, I'm waiting with baited breath for final production pictures to better judge this thing, and I'll buy at least one copy once it is released.

The GBP-1S "Sumo" armor looks really good, and the inclusion of DYRL? detachable hands is a very welcome addition. But there is one thing that bothers me a little with the front view picture: the chest armor is so bulky that it makes the head of the Valkyrie look like its sunk in, like its a turtle tucking its noggin into it's shell; this may be just due to the angle of the shot or a poorly mounted prototype on the 1J, but that is my one bit of criticism with this 1/48 rendition...I have a 1/60 and it does not have this scrunched head look. Regardless, I'm waiting with baited breath for final production pictures to better judge this thing, and I'll buy at least one copy once it is released.

The armor is mounted right, at least compared to earlier photos. Looking back at the very first GPB pic we saw, I think angles will make a very big difference with this one... none of that 45-degrees elevated position for this baby!

The GBP-1S "Sumo" armor looks really good, and the inclusion of DYRL? detachable hands is a very welcome addition.  But there is one thing that bothers me a little with the front view picture: the chest armor is so bulky that it makes the head of the Valkyrie look like its sunk in, like its a turtle tucking its noggin into it's shell; this may be just due to the angle of the shot or a poorly mounted prototype on the 1J, but that is my one bit of criticism with this 1/48 rendition...I have a 1/60 and it does not have this scrunched head look.  Regardless, I'm waiting with baited breath for final production pictures to better judge this thing, and I'll buy at least one copy once it is released.

The armor is mounted right, at least compared to earlier photos. Looking back at the very first GPB pic we saw, I think angles will make a very big difference with this one... none of that 45-degrees elevated position for this baby!

The reason I fell in love with the 1/48 series is because it looked good in all angles.

However with the GBP, it's like trying to find the angle where you look least fat.

The chestplate needs to go in about .6 to .8 cm and down from the head about .3 to .5 cm. The groin should also be slightly pushed in to look less "happy." The legs would look better if they were just slightly thinner but I wont push my luck here any further.

I'm guesstimating it a bit but I think given the dimensions of the valk within and the size of the individual armor pieces, these changes are possible.

but what am I saying? They probably made the molds by now. :(

oh well.

Yeap. That's my major complaint with the GBP. The gigantic chestplate makes it look all kinds of wrong. Mainly because I can't see the 1J's chin because of it, and it looks a little like the old Takatokus.

Would the Capt. be willing to work on a more proportionate version of the GBP's chestplate if Yamato releases it as is? ;) I know I'd buy. Please, please, please, please. >_<

-Al

cool! DYRL hands!! so that order from japan for the 15,000 sets was for yamato! haha :lol: I wish.

definitely cool that they're doing that just like the fixed posed ones for the 1/60 gbp...thank god they got the size right this time tho. and I wonder how they're going to make the gun hand fit while the armors on...probably put it in some wierd angle.

Anyone know any available vf-1js in the Tokyo area (that are not over retail price)? I'm still hopping for a bundle pack but I would like to buy one just in case. I've been searching for one in the past few months but nothing.

I was in Tokyo a few weeks ago, as it happens. But even if I hadn't been, I can tell you that the only place you need to go is Akihabara. You'll find everything there. Nakano is also a good stop, but not as much stuff there.

I agree. The head doesn't look right peeking out over the chestplate. That's really the only thing i don't like about this sculpt. I'm sure I will end up buying it anyway, though. Now I just need another 1/48 to put it on. :)

I found the GPB' designers inspiration for the chestplate

post-4-1116600837.jpg

haterist Posted on May 20 2005, 11:12 AM

the chest is too big, the feet are too small, blah, blah, blah......

it sure as hell beats the 1/48 GBP armor we didn't have huh? 

Nicely put, HATERIST!! :)

I'm starting to agree with you guys here, after seeing those new pics of the GBP. The damn thing IS really that out of proportion :(, specially that chest piece <_< . But who am I kidding, I'm still getting me one of those.

Too bad the tops of the booster pack doesn't come off like those fast pack I would attemped to do a Armored Strike version. You know by placing the Strike Cannon on the booster. Maybe someone with some skill might try that, hint,hint,. ;)

post-4-1117344460.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Too bad the tops of the booster pack doesn't come off like those fast pack I would attemped to do a Armored Strike version. You know by placing the Strike Cannon on the booster. Maybe someone with some skill might try that, hint,hint,. ;)

Couldn't you just use the strike booster/gun parts altogether?

Also, it needs dual GU-11 gunpods, 1S head for the 4 lasers, wings extended loaded with missles. :)

Edited by Pat S

Couldn't you just use the strike booster/gun parts altogether?

Also, it needs dual GU-11 gunpods, 1S head for the 4 lasers, wings extended loaded with missles. :)

Hmmm,, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks Pat. ;)