Newbie Questions on Macross

he is a genius!

who can understand him :lol:

he might have predicted that he need his hands free to rip the battlepod apart...

I will say we are trying to look to deep into a really cool anime movie scene

Gentlemen, this is a Q&A thread, not a comment thread. If you wish to make comments about how cool Max was in that scene, then it would be best to start a thread. :)

Gentlemen, this is a Q&A thread, not a comment thread. If you wish to make comments about how cool Max was in that scene, then it would be best to start a thread. :)

I figured it would be a n00b discussion and the thread will be locked after a day or so....but this thread will never be locked. ;)

But oh well....my bad.

alright....i have yet another question.

the Zentraedi are supposed to be as big as veritechs...like 50 feet tall. if so, how come the battlepods are all shown abiout the size of Veritechs.....the would have to be like twice the size to house a zentraedi adn have anything else....

also, i have one toehr thing....i speeled my screen name wrong when i made my account, can i fix this wo/ making a new one?

alright....i have yet another question.

the Zentraedi are supposed to be as big as veritechs...like 50 feet tall. if so, how come the battlepods are all shown abiout the size of Veritechs.....the would have to be like twice the size to house a zentraedi adn have anything else....

also, i have one toehr thing....i speeled my screen name wrong when i made my account, can i fix this wo/ making a new one?

Well, first of all, the Zentradi were NOT 50 ft tall.

The average Zentradi was only about 25 to 30 ft tall (roughly 5 times the size of an average human).

Vrithai (Breetai), is the exception to the rule, in that he actually topped 40ft.

Actually, the Zentradi are, for the most part, supposed to be significantly shorter than a Valkyrie, while Battlepods are supposed to be a good bit larger. Chalk up any visuals to the contrary in the show to 'animation errors'.

I'd direct the second question to the Feedback forum.

As for the first question, the average size of a male Zentradi is around 10 m. Kamjin (Khyron in RT) is 11.85 meters tall. Britai is 13.54 meters tall, but he is significantly taller than the average soldier.

A Regult is 15.12 m tall--a tight squeeze for the pilot, but doable. A Valkyrie in battroid mode is 12.68 m tall.

Source for all the above information is the Animeigo Liner notes at http://www.animeigo.com/Liner/MACROSS.t#1

Official mecha data is also at http://macross.anime.net/mecha/index.html

oh....i was working off of the comics and the novel. in the comics, the pocs are about he same size, and so are the zentraedi....all of them. Breetai is not huge like he should be

That's because Macross is not Robotech.

While the animation used was, as far as we are concerned, the same, much of the rest was not.

What happens to Claudia after SDF Macross? Does she go into space with Misa and Hikaru? Get her own ship? Stay on Earth? Marry someone?

Also what happen to the bridge girls as well?

Thanks.

What happens to Claudia after SDF Macross? Does she go into space with Misa and Hikaru? Get her own ship? Stay on Earth? Marry someone?

Also what happen to the bridge girls as well?

Thanks.

Good question, and one that I don't think was ever answered. Egan Loo's 1997 article about Macross in Animerica (which had a wrap-up of the major characters who survived) doesn't mention what happened to her. I think she most likely went off with Misa and Hikaru on the Megaroad.

• 2 weeks later...
Does any go you kind souls can provide me pics of the x-ray VF 1 poster that came along witht the macross gold book?

There's a scan over at imacross4. You also might want to check this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...85&hl=imacross4

And/or just click on this link: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/po...-1080862886.jpg

Note that the last is a modified version and some of text is inaccurate.

oh....i was working off of the comics and the novel. in the comics, the pocs are about he same size, and so are the zentraedi....all of them. Breetai is not huge like he should be

I believe the dialogue in the opening episode of Robotech states Breetai's ship as being larger than Britai's ship is in Macross.

The novels and RPG sourcebooks play fast and loose with ship, mecha, and Zentradi size stats. In fact, I believe that in Palladium's Robotech RPG, they state that the destroids tower over the Valkyries, when they're actually shorter in SDF Macross. The novels are utter rubbish for any solid details regarding either Macross or even the Robotech edit. I believe they even at one point refere to Gerwalk/Gaurdian mode as 'Gladiator' mode. The comic books, often based on the novel or RPG references and hence being about 4 times removed from SDF Macross are even more innaccurate.

Someone posted a size chart from one of the Macross art books that is probably the best visual reference for sizes in the Macross universe. I've tried searching for that thread every time this issue comes up, but it may have been on the old forums, or it might not even exist anymore. Maybe someone can dig that image up and post it somewhere.

Hmm, I've been scouring the Compendium to find that statement that Claudia stays on as Global's assistant, but I can't find it anywhere. I did however find that the VF-X-4 is transformable. Nifty. Still, I could have sworn that the Compendium is where I originally read that statement about Claudia.

There is a super detailed color image similar to that last one that he may be thinking of. I do believe the proportions are correct on those though.

Other ways to spell "Macross"...

マクロス which if translated syllable by syllable is MA-KU-RO-SU

Stuff in the Valkyrie head is "hybrid sensor/TV camera eye system":

http://macross.anime.net/mecha/united_nati.../vf1/index.html

AVIONICS: HUD (displayed on transparent panels in block 5 or earlier machines, on canopy in Block 6 or later machines); hexagonal three-panel main screen in block 5 or earlier machines, octagonal one-panel main screen in Block 6 or later machines; IFF antenna, UHF antenna, AWG-20 radar FCS, internal navigation system, AOA detector, and balance controller in nosecone; head-turret-mounted hybrid sensor/TV camera eye system and radar sensor dome with rear periscope[...]

Not clear to me whether the radar dome and periscope are supposed to be part of the head or not. Probably not.

Not clear to me whether the radar dome and periscope are supposed to be part of the head or not. Probably not.

I think there is a mini radar dome behind the head of the VF-1J. I think it was meant to be used while donning GBP armor, which covered the nose.

FV

Why is the gerwalk mode of the VF-17 different in Macross 7 than in VFX 2?

In the VFX game the arms are extended while in Macross 7 they are folded

Why is the gerwalk mode of the VF-17 different in Macross 7 than in VFX 2?

In the VFX game the arms are extended while in Macross 7 they are folded

Different use of the manipulators (arms). The gunpod on the VF-17 is stored in the leg. Ejecting the gunpod is a problem since the angles in which the gunpod could be ejected would make it a challenge to catch the gunpod as it leaves the leg. Now, I didn't say it would be impossible, just a challenge. Looking at the lineart for the VF-17, the swivel joint has clearence from the wing root. In fact, Gamlin used the arms (extended) to catch Mylene while in GERWALK. So it is a matter of preference. Do you want to use the gunpod (arms extended) or would you rather just stick to the arm lasers? In VF-X 2, you get to use the gunpod in GERWALK. In M7, Gamlin prefers to just stick with the arm lasers. Of course, ejecting the gunpod would probably add time (I'm talking seconds) to the transformation from Fighter to GERWALK so I can understand just foregoing the gunpod and sticking with the arm lasers. But, if you like that gunpod in GERWALK, nothing is stopping you from using it.

so it is just a preference use by the pilot, like te VF-1s that sometimes just pulled the legs out but keep the backpack and arms in fighter mode?

so it is just a preference use by the pilot, like te VF-1s that sometimes just pulled the legs out but keep the backpack and arms in fighter mode?

My guess...yes. There's nothing blocking the arms from extending nor is there anything hampering the use of the gunpod.

Sorry for the delay.

Is the trim on Misa's uniform blue or green, in DYRL?

I would say blue. In certain light, it would be a heavy blue-green but I would say blue.

What is the Minmay Guard?

Most likely a paint scheme.

http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/Hasegawa/...inmayguard.html

Do the trim colors on the uniform mean anything?

Perhaps, but that hasn't been made clear as of now.

Does this mean that the VF-19 doesn't have missle hardpoints on its wings and only have launchers only on the legs? Same goes for the VF-11?

I believe so. Episode 44 of M7 was was filled with some mistakes. Namely the VF-11 leg hardpoints.

http://www.anime.net/macross/feedback/index.html

It is possible that they were also using a earlier draft of the VF-19's hardpoints. However, the hardpoints of the VF-19 are interchangable with other launcher systems so a VF-19 can carry a wide range of ordanance dependent on the mission specifics.