Newbie Questions on Macross

Who's the girl in Macross M3? Is it Komillia? And why is her mecha weird lookin. (Saw the intro that's all)

Her name is Moaramia Jiffon (later Jenius), an adoptive daughter of Max and Millia. And her mecha is an Variable Glaug, but I don't know much, I never played M3.

Macross Compendium Mecha: Variable Glaug

Macross RPG - UN Spacy Data Terminal - Variable Glaug

Thank you, Zero Ena.

just seen DYRL, noticed tons and tons of differences btwn DYRL and macross

which is the 'true' version? both are equally good, IMO, but macross seems much less realistic.....i mean, like hiding the exsistence of macross for a short time after it returned to earth, not really sure, but DYRL has a more realistic feel...

and the head honcho badguy has been remodeled into some huge living organism that controls an entire base, and whose head is already gigantic, plus then zentradi looks pretty mutated too, like their lack of hair, and throbbing brains, the females seem to be fighting the males as the meltradi, and their head honcho seems to be a mutated thingy, although not as mutated as that evil head thingy....

one question, what are the evil head thingy, or even the masked general talking about when they mentioned that they have gone through something like 100 cycles? i think the mutated thing said he gone thru 500k cycles, not really sure....

misa and hikaru seems much closer in DYRL, but i still prefer macross though... minmay seems much better, i actually like her quite a lot in DYRL, whereas in macross, she seems annoying...

everything seems much cooler than in macross, art seems to have improved at least 10 times

hikaru and minmay seem much more distant...

hikaru is much more of a man this time round, although still irresponsible and rash, at least he's decisive...then again, he had not much of a bond with minmay to begin with, and is much closer to misa this time round....

i also seen the first ep. of macross 7, hated it absolutely, sorry to all fans of the series............ does it get better?

any other macross as good as DYRL or macross TV?

which is the 'true' version?

http://www.anime.net/macross/story/encyclo...roduction_notes

i also seen the first ep. of macross 7, hated it absolutely, sorry to all fans of the series............ does it get better?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=5706

Try using the search feature to find more related threads. It's a great, under-used feature of many forums....

any other macross as good as DYRL or macross TV?

http://www.anime.net/macross/production/an...tion/index.html

Try any one of those.

Edited by azrael

which is the 'true' version? both are equally good, IMO, but macross seems much less realistic.....i mean, like hiding the exsistence of macross for a short time after it returned to earth, not really sure, but DYRL has a more realistic feel...

I'd just like to note that as the Macross landed in the middle of the ocean, it wasn't very hard to hide. Especially if they made an effort to avoid major air traffic and sea traffic routes while coming in(because, you know, NOT smashing 747s full of people makes for a much happier homecoming).

More questions on Moaramia Jifon from M3..... why do I see her in officer's uniform in a flash at the end of the intro, and slightly taller. She grows up to be an officer with the UNSpacy?

And the compendium doesn't have much info on the other Jenius daughters. Anyone know where else I can find out about them, especially on the one that appears in Dynamite, Emirria/Emillia.

More questions on Moaramia Jifon from M3..... why do I see her in officer's uniform in a flash at the end of the intro, and slightly taller. She grows up to be an officer with the UNSpacy?

And the compendium doesn't have much info on the other Jenius daughters. Anyone know where else I can find out about them, especially on the one that appears in Dynamite, Emirria/Emillia.

1) Moaramia eventually joins the UN armed forces. Yep, she grows up. If, you could call it that...

2)It's Emilia....The reason we don't have a lot of info on the other girls is because there hasn't been much written on them. Beyond their birthdates and a picture, there has been very little story on the other girls. Komilia was a central character in an unofficial game but that doesn't really count.

2)It's Emilia....The reason we don't have a lot of info on the other girls is because there hasn't been much written on them. Beyond their birthdates and a picture, there has been very little story on the other girls. Komilia was a central character in an unofficial game but that doesn't really count.

Cool. Can you point me to the birthdates? I just wanna know the seniority at least.

I'm not sure if this would qualify as a newbie question, or should be its own thread... but is there a "definitive" list of Macross Easter Eggs??? I'm thinking of doing a page on my website (if there really isn't one) as well as have Vid Rips of them on my iMacross server.

I came across a few frames from Ep 1 that I didn't notice till I was viewing it one frame at a time.

I'm not aware of a "definitive" list. Egan Loo listed a few (but by no means all of them) in the Animeigo liner notes.

We've had a few threads about them here--maybe you should piggyback on an old thread and ask for links to other threads. I can think of one or two but this isn't the right place to start listing them.

I've always wondered about the destructive capabilities of the Strike Cannon. From what I've seen on DYRL Focker seemed to use it as if were a secondary gunpod. What kind of ammunition does it use? Or is it an energy based weapon?

:blink::ph34r:

After digging some I finally found this:

http://www.robotechresearch.com/rpg/mecha/...4_Tigercat.html

I'm curious as to what it really is, and if it's cannon. I'd also like information on the other planes in antarctic press...and what it's really about. Thanks.

Fanart? That kinda reminds me of that F4 in GERWALK mode....crap I can't remember what that thing was called...

I'm fairly certain that HG made only the tv series and the Battlecry videogame canon, and the new comics. They completely wiped Sentinels from their continuity and I presume the Antarctic Press comics as well.

This should really be in 'Other Anime and Sci-fi' because it's Robotech and not Macross.

They aren't destroyed, just missing. NOWHERE in Macross were the leg units destroyed.

Sometimes you get Cels that have only parts of the animated object. In this case the legs were probably added later in a different Cel. Some Cels have nothing in them except a main character in a clear background (For motion of course).

Edited by Boxer

if you look closely torwds where the legs should be you can see burn marks. you can also see them on the bottom corners of the ARMD carriers.

EDIT: it also semes that the colors are wrong. the chest and the arms are blue and the ARMD units are colord backwards. could this be a Macross 2 Cell?

Edited by seventh-moon

the 'Burn marks' would have been erased with the other overlay of the legs.

Could be Macross II, but then again do you ever see the main guns lowered in Macross two? I still think it's DYRL.

And notice, the left Megaroad is missing it's lower parts. I don't think battle damage would be that clear cut.... It seems the main booms look like they're animated to move and the rest might be a painted background.

I knew something looked familiar about that shot. That is from Macross II.

Attached is the corresponding scene. For those of you with the Manga release, the time is: 1h:59m:32s.

post-2-1080282421_thumb.jpg

if you look closely torwds where the legs should be you can see burn marks. you can also see them on the bottom corners of the ARMD carriers.

EDIT: it also semes that the colors are wrong. the chest and the arms are blue and the ARMD units are colord backwards. could this be a Macross 2 Cell?

My step dad has argued that the DEath Star from Return of the Jedi was the battle damaged Death Star from the original movie with a similar argument.

Speaking as a one-time animation student, there is no reason to draw an entire object if you're only going to film part of it. Still, you do want to draw outside the bounds of the shot a little bit because you never know exactly how much of it will wind up in the final shot until you're sitting there fiddling with the camera yourself.

i got a question, i wonder both roy fokker in 1st series n m0 are they related?

I think it's safe to say the 2 Fockers are the same person.

Since they have the same name, same voice, same womanizing attitude.....

Same hair, same piloting skills, same skull-and crossbones insignia...

i got a question, i wonder both roy fokker in 1st series n m0 are they related?

I think it's safe to say the 2 Fockers are the same person.

Since they have the same name, same voice, same womanizing attitude.....

Same alchoholic addiction....same kick ass pilot skills, same squadron designation, ......

wad the....he reborn, if not why look so young?

how absurd it is if this was earliest part of macross

when they are most technologize!

Different artist. Different look.

wad the....he reborn, if not why look so young?

how absurd it is if this was earliest part of macross

when they are most technologize!

I THINK I understand that mess of engrish.

Yes, Macross Zero, as the name implies, is the earliest show timeline-wise.