Newbie Questions on Macross

Do groups such aa the Angel Birds and Blue Roses have any background information on them?

Not at this time.

imho, that makes them far more intresting!

is there a list of all the "lesser" known but "legit" squadrons in the tv serise?

wad the....he reborn, if not why look so young?

how absurd it is if this was earliest part of macross

when they are most technologize!

If I understand you correctly, you are telling us that you believe jet engines are superior to nuclear engines.

Macross Zero has the lowest technology level in the entire Macross franchise. That is why the VF-0 is a large, gangly, bulky patch together job, whereas the VF-1 is sleek and refined.

However, the VF-0 gets better animation, because it shows up in a still being made high budget 5 episode OVA series, whereas the VF-1 showed up in low budget 80's tv series.

I THINK I understand that mess of engrish.

Yes, Macross Zero, as the name implies, is the earliest show timeline-wise.

So should a series take place before Macross Zero, it would hence be called Macross -1.

/Humor

Legit question: Blue roses, who are they? Any pics of this demonstration group? And what do they use?

Have we seen any other VF other than VF-1s in demonstration colors?

Edited by Boxer

Legit question: Blue roses, who are they? Any pics of this demonstration group? And what do they use?

Have we seen any other VF other than VF-1s in demonstration colors?

Blue Roses...That name doesn't ring a bell.

Other VFs in demonstration colors.....Not really. There was Docker's VF-19S in the alternate paint scheme when he was taking out his VF-19S for a test.

(pic courtesy of Steelfalcon.com)

VF19alt.gif

If I understand you correctly, you are telling us that you believe jet engines are superior to nuclear engines.

Macross Zero has the lowest technology level in the entire Macross franchise. That is why the VF-0 is a large, gangly, bulky patch together job, whereas the VF-1 is sleek and refined.

However, the VF-0 gets better animation, because it shows up in a still being made high budget 5 episode OVA series, whereas the VF-1 showed up in low budget 80's tv series.

IcICs~thanks for clearing me up :)

after Zero, hope the m0team can revamp the old series into nicer graphics animation as well.

IcICs~thanks for clearing me up :)

after Zero, hope the m0team can revamp the old series into nicer graphics animation as well.

It's been done. It was called DYRL.

Where is the Eagle Nest Aerial Tactics Center?

Macross Compedium - Chronology: AD 2013 - AD 2039

M3 Episode 6 Fire Carnival

Captain Milia Jenius appointed as Eagle Nest Aerial Tactics Center instructor.

Why weren't more Super Dimensional Fortress type units produced?

I don't think you can count the New Macross Battle carriers, as the don't have the SDF designation. Were there any other Super Dimensional Fortresses (SDFs) Produced in the Macross series?

If not is it possible for more, unmentioned Macross-class ships to be in existance?

As far as I know only two SDF-type units were built, 1) Macross and 2)(Incomplete) Megaroad. But with Earth's capture of the Factory sattlite and the service record of the SDF-1 during Space War one, you'd think they'd build more of these as independant flagships for fleets (Instead of relying on the Zentran ships, which IMO counldn't be produced by the factory sattlites anyway)/

Why weren't more Super Dimensional Fortress type units produced?

Because there was only one which crash-landed on Earth. There were a few other ships with the SDF designation, namely the Megaroad class (at least 14 of 'em), yet they aren't quite the same as the Macross.

Edited by Pat Payne

That did not stop the Earth from begining production of the SDF-2 on the moon. It was changed into the Megaroad-1 due to the need for a ready to use colony ship, so they just modified what was already done on the SDF-2.

I don't consider the Megaroad a 'True SDF'. What I'm asking is why aren't there more Super Dimensional Fortress UNITS with the SDF designation.

And if not, is it POSSIBLE for them to exist (I.e. nobody said there's only been one (two) SDF(s).)

I don't consider the Megaroad a 'True SDF'. What I'm asking is why aren't there more Super Dimensional Fortress UNITS with the SDF designation.

Since Earth was decimated, they really couldn't build more. SDF-2 was still in construction by the time the war started. After the war, most of the resources were used to reconstruct Earth. We had a sizeable Zentradi fleet at our disposal. That would have been fine considering they just eliminated an entire armada. Priority went to reconstruction of Earth and not to another SDF.

What about the Plus Era after Earth had been rebuilt? Surely the UN Spacy would see the need to expand the fleet and build more SDFs for the defense of their colonies... And I don't think a dwindling source of Zentreadi ships would fill the role. So does this mean that the UN Spacy defends its colonies with light stealth fleet carriers and elite fighter squads?

And my second question wasn't answered: Is it possible for more SDFs to exist in-cannon?

So does this mean that the UN Spacy defends its colonies with light stealth fleet carriers and elite fighter squads?

And my second question wasn't answered: Is it possible for more SDFs to exist in-cannon?

1) http://www.anime.net/macross/mecha/index.html

The UN doesn't use just "light stealth fleet carriers and elite fighter squads". The Compendium lists several other ship-classes.

You're coming close to a debating thread. This thread is not meant for arguements. Just Q&A. If you want to go on and on about why the UN doesn't build SDF classes anymore, then I suggest starting your own thread. :)

2)In-cannon? Or in-canon? If you mean the former, then you just want mobile cannons? I believe that role is filled by the Grand Cannons and many planets are free to set up a defense perimeter just like the one used on Earth. If it's the latter, then I'm not sure what you mean.

you know the songs from DYRL? specificly one of the first ones minmay sings "tiny white dragon" or something i think is the title

in the original SDF macross, does she ever sing that song? or ANY fo the DYRL songs in the tv serise?

to me "tiny white dragon" ish song is like a quintisentialy macross sounding song. it'd be cool if it was in the original tv show.

But with Earth's capture of the Factory sattlite and the service record of the SDF-1 during Space War one, you'd think they'd build more of these as independant flagships for fleets (Instead of relying on the Zentran ships, which IMO counldn't be produced by the factory sattlites anyway)/

Why would a Zentradi factory be capable of producing Supervision Army ships and not Zentradi ships?

....I did not say supervision army ships.

I was implying that the factory sattelite would produce copies of the SDF-1 or vessels based on the SDF-1 design.

If I was talking about the Supervision Army ship that the Macross came from, I would have said ASS-1. Unless people here don't like that designation.

....I did not say supervision army ships.

I was implying that the factory sattelite would produce copies of the SDF-1 or vessels based on the SDF-1 design.

If I was talking about the Supervision Army ship that the Macross came from, I would have said ASS-1. Unless people here don't like that designation.

At it's heart, it's still a Supervision Army vessel.

I jut don't see why the Zentradi would have a factory capable of producing enemy vessels, but not their own ships.

HiHi,

May i ask whats the difference between the mac-series(i didn't watch some)

1)macross plus movie edition<=>macross plus 4 episodes?

2)m7 49episodes<=>m7 encore?

3)Macross7 movie dynamite<=>Macross 7: galaxy is calling me?

is there any between them same? i just ask in case i bought the same anime series

thanks you first :)

Edited by alvaro

HiHi,

May i ask whats the difference between the mac-series(i didn't watch some)

1)macross plus movie edition<=>macross plus 4 episodes?

is there any between them same? i just ask in case i bought the same anime series

thanks you first :)

Macross Plus is hte same story, only one is stretched out a little longer.

Which is the better version is personal preference.

2) Encore are the un-aired/extra episodes to M7's 49 episodes.

3) Macross Dynamite 7 is a 4-part OAV set after the events of M7. Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling me! is a short movie which takes place during the events of M7.

At least apochryphally, Komirya did join up in the non-BW video game Macross Love Song 2032 (name right?). As for the others, very little has been said about all of them except Emiria and Mylene.

Edited by Pat Payne

At least apochryphally, Komirya did join up in the non-BW video game Macross Love Song 2032 (name right?). As for the others, very little has been said about all of them except Emiria and Mylene.

You sort of mashed the titles together.

There were TWO PCEngine CD games. One was MAcross 2036, the other was MAcross: Eternal Love Song.

Can the Variable fighters keep using the FAST Packs when part of it has been destroyed or ejected?

I saw in Macross Plus when Guld and Isamu fight in Earth they will damaged parts of their FAST Packs and eject it before it explode leaving still 3 or 2 more pieces of the FAST Packs working...

In Macross when Hikaru's VF-1S loses its arms he ejected all the FAST pack pieces, I know it was because he was entering Earth's atmosphere, but if it he had wanted could he had transformed into fighter and keep on fighting with the weaponry left on the other FAST Pack parts?

Also how much damage could Valkyrie withstand, it seems it can lose its arm and still operate in fighter or gerwalk mode, what if it loses its backpack or the wings... what would be the exact point where the valkyrie becomes useless?

I like the VF-22/YF-21 that can eject its arms and legs.

Edited to add:

Is there any VF that needs all of its compounents to operated in all of the three modes?

Edited by RichterX

Can the Variable fighters keep using the FAST Packs when part of it has been destroyed or ejected?

Depends on what part exactly.....

In Macross when Hikaru's VF-1S loses its arms he ejected all the FAST pack pieces, I know it was because he was entering Earth's atmosphere, but if it he had wanted could he had transformed into fighter and keep on fighting with the weaponry left on the other FAST Pack parts?

No. At that point, he was already in the falling out of orbit and gravity is affecting him. Hikaru said it himself. He was too far from the combat zone and considering his position, he had no choice but to just go down. Considering he had no gunpod, most of his armaments were gone, what is he going to fight with? He doesn't have enough mini-missiles to take on everybody, let alone another capital ship. Head-lasers really don't do enough damage and is really a CIWS. That would mean he would have to go back to Macross to refuel and rearm. You can't exactly land when your ship is engaged.

Also how much damage could Valkyrie withstand, it seems it can lose its arm and still operate in fighter or gerwalk mode, what if it loses its backpack or the wings... what would be the exact point where the valkyrie becomes useless?
Is there any VF that needs all of its compounents to operated in all of the three modes?

You have to look at each VF individually. For a VF-1/VF-0, It could stand to lose it's arms and head since those are only essential for battroid mode. For the VF-22, it can stand to lose it's arms and legs since those are non-essential. The best way to look at it is a VF cannot afford to lose it's main engines and torso area (which normally houses the cockpit). Everything else is really non-essential. It's a common sense issue, really. Whatever is essential for the fighter-mode to use to fly is essential to the VF. Everything else is is non-essential.

Was Max personal feelings involved on finding his former squad leader in the unofficial mission of the Macross 7 Fleet to find what happen to the Megaroad-1?

You have to look at each VF individually. For a VF-1/VF-0, It could stand to lose it's arms and head since those are only essential for battroid mode. For the VF-22, it can stand to lose it's arms and legs since those are non-essential. The best way to look at it is a VF cannot afford to lose it's main engines and torso area (which normally houses the cockpit). Everything else is really non-essential. It's a common sense issue, really. Whatever is essential for the fighter-mode to use to fly is essential to the VF. Everything else is is non-essential.

But there are other considerations as well. Some of those parts may affect the weight distribution or aerodynamics of the plane. You can't just chop off random bits of an airframe and expect it to fly just as well as the whole fighter. Further, when Hikaru was falling into the atmosphere, He REALLY did need those arms. Assuming that the outer skin of the Valk is heat-shielded (it'd have to be), the Zents gave him (at no extra charge) two gaping holes where his valk's arms shoud have been, causing the Valkrie to burn up from the inside (For a real-life [and extremely tragic] example, consider what happened to the Space Shuttle Columbia.)

Edited by Pat Payne

But there are other considerations as well. Some of those parts may affect the weight distribution or aerodynamics of the plane.

True but, nevertheless, there not essential to the operation of the fighter, which is what I was getting at. Heck, we should also consider that Hikaru's VF had fractures all along the main body as well from all the hits he took. If we consider 2 large holes plus numerous fractures, then Hikaru should have exploded ala Columbia. But for that, I say anime magic.

Was Max personal feelings involved on finding his former squad leader in the unofficial mission of the Macross 7 Fleet to find what happen to the Megaroad-1?

We don't know. Hence the reason it was "unofficial".

i have been wondering that u guys said that the fastpacks colors are different between the series and DYRL, can i confirm this with you guys? and any pics to show?

That depends on the shade of grey. In DYRL?, the FAST packs are a blue-grey. In the series, their a medium/light grey.

are there any pics to show for the fast packs?

These should be close enough.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/v...oto/strike4.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/ads/ads_models_im11.htm

Sorry, but I'm doing some other stuff at the moment so I don't have time to search but these are as close as I can remember.