Sousei no Aquarion.

Wow, those are really detailed. Makes me wish there are other robots in the show that will appear.

I'm anticipating the same and dreading it at the same time. I want to see what other possible designs yet I don't want to end up spending cash on a model of them if they're great... (which is inevitable).

Edited by Jemstone

That's a hundread quid this thing is going to cost me, now this seems like a huge risk for even the gaint company that is Bandai to be taking. Making such a hugely expensive toy of a completely new property that has yet to gain any real popularity.

I hope it doesn't backfire on them and lead to poor sales and thus no more big risks with untested designs.

That said, I will be buying one. This is far more my thing then Voltes V though I will get him too if I can still afford it. :rolleyes:

http://www.tj-grosnet.com/super_metal.html

(listed right about the GX-04S reissue)

That toy is gona cost a lot: 20790 yen (19800 yen+5%tax).

YIKES.

Between THAT and the SOC Voltes V Bandai is gonna destroy my wallet BIG TIME. :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Thats about the same retail price as a fast packed 1/48 VF-1J. I`m guessing it will be worth it as Bandai has shown they put more than enough value into their high end toys

and a LOT of diecast!!  Anyone remember dancougar?That was just 30$ more.  I guess aquerion must be doing super well for them to do this.

Design of the toy and the marketing deals were very likely done before the first episode was aired. Was quite a risk for them to do this.

Exactly my point, Bandai must have a lot of faith in either the anime or Kawamoris design to have gottten this toy to this stage just after only the 3rd episode has aired.

Very true. I wonder if bandai will make a smaller version that is more affordable for casual fans.Nonetheless it looks very very very cool. BTW is the studio or company publishing this anime the same as the one for macross zero?

Shin who keeps wishin bandai would so something like this for macross zero.

Almost certainly, in fact I'm shocked that they've gone straight to doing something like this.

I'd of expected some kind of MSIA style figures (non-transforming or very simple one bot mode trasnformations) first.

Perhaps the "Trans model" label that they have applied to the Eureka 7 mech figures will be a whole new line and expanded to Aquarion later on.

As for the companys involved, all details can be found here,

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ime.php?id=4796

Wow those are some cool toys...expensive of course lol

Saw this at animeondvd.com

DVD up for preorder and the LE contents

Sousei no Aquarion Vol. 1

Catalog Number: ZMBZ-2275 | Release Date: 2005/07/22

Price: 5,250 Yen incl. tax | 16:9 LB | 50 min. running time + 40 min. bonus footage

Contains:

• Episode 1 & 2

First Press comes with:

• 240 pages Storyboard Book (Episode 1 storyboards by director Shôji Kawamori and art director modification collection)

• Shôji Kawamori illustrated Box

• 40 min. bonus footage:

- 3D Model rotation video

- Director interview & Making video

- Premium screening event video footage (guests: Natsuki Katô & AKINO)

- Promotion & Commercial Collection

• Eiji Kaneda illustrated Disc jacket

Comes with:

• Booklet (8 pages)

• Aquarion 12,000 Years ago - Gashapon Gold Edition

JUst finished watching the first 3 episodes....WOW, I am highly impressed with the story and basically everything thus far.....as far as the toy, I think that I will be picking it up when it comes out....the thing is just amazing.

I wonder when Mahou is releasing episode 4? I am waiting for it!

Twich

Saw 3 eps so far. Really funny that the shy glasses chic thinks the bad-luck chic who keeps losing is hot. And why does the main character crawl on the ground like an animal? Was he raised by wolves or something? It kind of reminds me of the character in dragon ball z. All he needs is a tail. There is also a hint that he is the "Dark beast" and that the blonde herself has animal strength. (along with the usual psi powers) Maybe he can transmute into a giant were-ape and go beserk? :D

In ep2 it suggest that the atlanteans were destroyed from a big ball of light which exploded and destroyed the land a long time ago, created by apollonius and that these guys want the light back to feed from it. That could explain the blind chic in the wheelchair. I think she got that way because she was blinded by this light and maybe she once worked for the fallen angels. (why does she have those fangs and why did she say "delicious" when she realised apollo was the one?)

She seems mysterious and a bit suspect imo. I think the solar aquarion might once have been used as a weapon of destruction by the fallen angels once in the past until it turned into a defender of humans, which reesulted in a holy war in heaven between the two sides, which could explain the main villain's familiarity to the pilot. Just a guess. All of the souls from the dead got put into the remaining humans (the planet lost 2/3 its popultion I think) as reincarnated spirits and the battle of armageddon happens on earth with select humans who have the psi ability.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Dont know why but ep 4 is my least favorite so far. It was ok to me. Maybe cuz it didnt have any perverted scenes :rolleyes: Anyways seems that The Solar Wing might have been with that group of other people with wings and he betrayed them 12,000 years ago. Maybe. Just thinking outloud I guess. :unsure: Either way still not a bad episode.

I am really rather impressed with the 4 episodes that I have seen thus far.....I cant wait for everything to come out for this, and I especially want the toy....it looks great. Let us hope that the series continues to go the way it is going, and I dont think we will have anything to worry about.

Twich

Dont know why but ep 4 is my least favorite so far. It was ok to me. Maybe cuz it didnt have any perverted scenes :rolleyes: Anyways seems that The Solar Wing might have been with that group of other people with wings and he betrayed them 12,000 years ago. Maybe. Just thinking outloud I guess. :unsure: Either way still not a bad episode.

Didn't they already explained that in episode 2? :rolleyes:

Episode 4 was pretty trippy. Why would the commander make them "learn" something at the expense of humans getting harvested instead of telling it to them instead is beyond me.

Makes for better "korewa!" material i guess.....

:D:D:D

Why would the commander make them "learn" something at the expense of humans getting harvested instead of telling it to them instead is beyond me.

I noticed that too. Have they actually saved any humans from being harvested at this point? By my count, only the Solar Wing has been saved, and he pretty much saved himself. Right now the score is Aquerion: 0.5, Angels:759,981. ;)

I'm just curious who the commander really is. Is he God or Jesus or soemthing? Haha. Even in vampire chick vision, he looks like some pillar of light or something.

It was weird seeing all those monster-type enemies.  I wonder if we'll see some hand-to-hand fight scenes, too, later on.

Hmmm...monster enemies huh? Also variable vehicles that can combine together to make a big Mecha. And they might fight hand to hand against each other. *sniff sniff* Who smells Power Rangers?? :blink:

*ducks chairs*

J/K but seriosly, in ep 3, those two monsters, for some wierd reason, gave me some kinda wierd power rangers flashback. Thats only reason use that comparison. :p

Ep 4 was weird, it didn't seem to move the story forward any or even like anything really happened.

Seems like they're still only just learning how to fight those cheruberim soldiers beacuse all 3 harvesting beasts got away scott free.

I'm also wondering what the differnce is between Nenshin Gattai and Sousei Gattai. I'm guessing that SG is only possible when under past life memory conditions.

Still a cool show, I fought the whole learning how to crawl before they can walk lesson was nicely done.

Maybe cuz it didnt have any perverted scenes

The "are we gonna see them nekkid?" girls-in-the-locker-room scene almost qualifiess, too bad they all finished changing by the time the two peeping toms got there. ;)

Also the very first part about the unlocking of the limited edition costume kind of reminds me of the controversial dead or alive nude patch. :D (ie He should know better and just create a nude hack for the game.)

Still a cool show, I fought the whole learning how to crawl before they can walk lesson was nicely done.

Yeah it's like mr miyagi from the karate kid. They try to make the characters do stupid or embarassing things to make a point while at the same time making them change thier attitude. :D It is hinted in the first ep that the leader himself is blocking his memories of when he was the aquarion pilot in ancient time, possibly because he is scared. And not to mention now he is obsessed with beauty, and finishing his enemy off in style without caring about the effecitveness of the strategy or fast response time. Beast boy mentioned in one of the fights that the "legs are heavy" probably reffering to sluggish response from this pilot. Maybe he is afraid of ugliness and is too consumed by theneed to look good in front of people? (due to his failure in a past battle? which effects his behaviour today?)

I get the feeling that he is the proper reincarnation, but that his repressed memory is making the team less effictive so they are relying on beast boy(who may have once worked for the shadow angels and then defected). Without the correct emotions (say a traumatic event like a friend being captured) to awaken the fighting spirit, the memories of the pilot stay buried in thier mind never to be used properly which affects the performance of the robot. I think the spirit may be more attracted to the emotion itself like on that day when the beast kid first piloted the robot, he only recieved help because of the emotions he was feeling in his head and his desperate need to save his friend.

All the pilots seem to have thier own unique weakness, which I think causes them to fail each time and cost humans. This episode highlighted the fact that shoes are getting in the way of feeling the vibrations on the ground which desensitises the pilot to the enemies moves (remember how the blind chic could hear the step?) and blocks thier psi conection to the earth which allows them to keep thier feet firmly planted. Having hieghtened abilities, uber-sharp senses and powers, these people can probably sense the shockwaves better when they don't wear the shoes, allowing them to keep balance. Any fine shakes in the ground they can react to them in realtime, like trying to maintain balance on a surfboard or not falling over in an big earthquake. By tapping into the whole earth itself (and not just react to what happening to the earth's surface) they are better able to sense the movement below and then cancel out the shaking with thier fast reflexs and ultra fine heightened senses. (eg the hearing ability of the blind chic, like that of when tiny insects can hear and feel the vibrations of giant human feet touching the ground and causing tiny shockwaves which allows them to react. No normal human can hear it or feel it but insects and superhumans might.)

The teacher's lessons on balance seem to involve a lot of this "standing on one leg thing" which again reminds me of the karate kid movies :D If you can't maintain balance, you have no power in your moves.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

In the fourth episode there is a very sense of Zen teachings in that things must be learned the hard way, without your master telling you anything. Also, I think I've discovered some hidden cultural references. In Aquarion it should be mentioned, sooner or later, prana, which is a kind of vital energy that flows through the chakras. To be exact, it enters your body through your first chakra and comes out from your last chakra, and this should be the reason why Fudo looked like a column of light to Rena. The chakras also govern each their own emotions and attitudes toward the world. I think each character references to a particular chakra.

First chakra, located between anus and genital. Root chakra, element earth. It produces a sense of physical and mental harmony connected to nature; strengthens sexual vitality and the capability to adapt to the world. This should be Fudo Gen. Fudo should mean something like "motionless" in Japanese.

Second chakra, three fingers under navel. Sacral chakra, element water. Colour: orange. It concerns everything sexual, including libido. Also concerned with self-accepting (the chakra closes under feeling of guilt). This is Tsugumi.

Third chakra, solar plexus. Power chakra, element fire. It affects dominance in social relationships, coordination in corporeal movements and self-esteem. This is Pierre.

Fourth chakra, center of the sternum. Heart chakra, element of air. Everything about love, sensibility and joy. In can be either green or pink, or even gold. I think it should be Apollo and Silvia's main chakra.

Fifth chakra, throat. Element of sound (ether). It affects comunication and artistic expression. Troubles in this chakra can mean difficulties in accepting others' POVs. This is Sirius.

Sixth chakra, in the forehead. The famous third eye. It concerns intuition and consciousness. Troubles in this chakra can manifest through nightmares or eye and ear impairments. This is Reika. Maybe even Rena (but Rena could be based also on the last chakra).

I also discovered interesting ties between Macross 7 and Nada Yoga, but this is another matter.

FV

Edited by Final Vegeta

You can sorta see between Fudo and Apollo, when they're together, there's gonna be some comedy. I laughed pretty hard when Apollo bit him in the leg and just flipped him over before he knew what just happened.

And the vampire girls vision just see a lil dog like going "Blop".

After watching episode 1, I've gotten the total impression that this is merely a blend between Getter Robo and EVA, but without the things that made them both individually interesting. Are their no more giant robot series that DON'T require superpowered kids anymore???

Not even worth stealing or even viewing a friends copy. <_<

Ranks equal the level of Pokemon for the most part.