yamato vs toynami

kaiotheforsaken

Ok, i've been collecting valks now for about 6 months and have currently only bought Yamato pieces assuming that they are better, and that the overall look seems better to me. So for those who know, which company actually makes a better valk? Also i saw some shots of the vf-0 being produced by yamato, anyone have any news on this?

i'll just stick with yamato, it seemed like they were nicer anyway, just from the pics. besides no one else makes/made my beloved vf-11b fb. well maybe not beloved but fav.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Yeah, the Alphas are sweet, the poseables are cheap and not bad, the bookends are a matter of taste but they're pretty easy on the eyes, the boxes are stellar, the fastpacks are pretty nice and highly detailed (just don't shake 'em since they're magnet based) and the hands on the Valks are superior to Yamato's (even the Yammie 1/48 effort). As always the thread boils down to the fact the 1/48s are the best Valks EVER.

Yamato vs Toynami? hmmm.....let's see......Toynami sucks, period. Their only decent idea is the light up eye/camera sensor.

You gotta be kidding right?

Yamato vs Toynami? hmmm.....let's see......Toynami sucks, period. Their only decent idea is the light up eye/camera sensor.

I heard it just makes the whole head glow when you turn it on... ;)

I can vouch for that! Ever time I turn that thing on it reminds of how thin and poor the plastic is, compared to the yamatos.

I can vouch for that! Ever time I turn that thing on it reminds of how thin and poor the plastic is, compared to the yamatos.

Me thinks you're only of that opinion because there's no light in your Yamato to show you how thin that plastic really is...

Me thinks you're only of that opinion because there's no light in your Yamato to show you how thin that plastic really is...

Hmm.. good point. :blink:

*grabs mini keychain flashlight and shines it in my vf-1s to check*

Hmm.. good point. :blink:

*grabs mini keychain flashlight and shines it in my vf-1s to check*

pfft don't do things half ass. *whips out 5 million candlepower spot light and shines it on my 1/48 roy* nooooooooo *roy melts* dammit roy stop getting killed in your valk. :lol:

Which Valk do you have? I just switched on the light in my Max VF-1J, and only the only part that lights up is what's supposed to. For the 35 bucks I spent on it, it's not a bad display piece. I just can't afford a Yamato at the moment.

Which Valk do you have? I just switched on the light in my Max VF-1J, and only the only part that lights up is what's supposed to. For the 35 bucks I spent on it, it's not a bad display piece. I just can't afford a Yamato at the moment.

You will only notice the entire "Glowing head" feature on Rick's and Roy's heads (white plastic).

Toynami did better with the alphas, but they are still crap for the price they are going for.

And that LED... VERY ACCURATE to the animation. <_<

Crappy idea to justifay the lack of promised diecast and cheap ABS plastic they used on their Overprice scaled up Bandai HCMs.

yes, toynami knows how to make boxes, but not boxes that last.

my boxes have been sitting on top of a bookcase out of sunlight, away from moisture (it's in my computer room which i keep cool and dry), and parts of the boxes are starting to peel away. don't know why it's happening, it's not like i've moved the boxes in months/years????

You will only notice the entire "Glowing head" feature on Rick's and Roy's heads (white plastic).

I've seen photos of it happening on a Millia.

Not that cameras capture the world as a human would see them, but it might depend on the individual toy owner.

my boxes have been sitting on top of a bookcase out of sunlight, away from moisture (it's in my computer room which i keep cool and dry), and parts of the boxes are starting to peel away. don't know why it's happening, it's not like i've moved the boxes in months/years????

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not a fan of those boxes. When you see them in person they look cheaply made. Even besides that, they're gaudy and amateurish looking. I see them andI think they look like they belong in a cereal aisle at the grocery store. Look kids, Robotechyo's! Now with protoculture marshmellows!

I have rick's vf-1j, which was the first and last mpc valkyrie I bought.

Where did you pick up your max for 35?

That sucks, my boxes are still holding up...so far. You should make a formal complaint to toynami and ask for replacement boxes. :D Can you post a pic of the parts on the box peeling away?

how can anyone complain about Toynami's boxes in a Toynami vs Yamato thread. I'm pretty neutral but Yamato boxes blow balls. If we're saying one vs the other, i'll take the toynami box any day. Wait... am I seriously complaining about packaging.. i need a new hobby.

just because yamato's boxes suck doesn't mean that toynami's is good... it's entirely possible that both suck.

:p

exactly!

toynami box plus, the valk is packaged in battroid mode making it sleeker and cheaper to ship. i don't care for all the gold and embossing...they should've spent that money on the toy itself.

yamato box plus, well there is none, they look decent, but the GIANT arse fighter mode packaging is murder on the fans here in the states. thats my only real gripe, well that and those fruit cake rave boxes yamato put out for instead of the classy black ones.