The new 1/48 hands

Slugworth

I'm sure somebody has inquired about this before, but I did a search and it came up empty.

I just now bought a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru, and its an awesome toy. I only wish I could get the newer pre-posed "cartoon style" hands. They look like they hold the gun much better.

Is there a way to get the newer set of hands without buying another 1/48 that comes with them? Or do I just have to live with it?

I think one of our members, perhaps Rohby was offering recast fixed-pose hands a while back. Perhaps somebody else remembers better than me and can offer more information.

Yes, the fixed pose hands do hold the gun more securely than the standard articulated hands. However, the fixed pose hands are of the TV style and not really accurate for use on the Hikaru VF-1S, which is from the DYRL movie, where the Valks have more mechanical squarish hands. This may not bother you though.

Graham

Yes, you are right, I hadn't thought about it that way. They are closer to the look of the film. But the posable hands are tiny and look so frail. I'm afraid the gun is going fall out of his hand at the slightest movement.

Yeah, maybe I would be interested in some recasts. Any info would be cool.

yep, rohby did the recasts and I believe Eternal_D is working on some DYRL versions.

yeah for like the past year :p

it's been more than a year. I say we all go to his house and burn him! Well you guys burn him while I count his toys!

Not to sound snotty, but has anyone played around with making some fixed pose hands that actually fit in the forearm cavity of the valkyrie? I can't help looking at both the mickeymouse gloves and the terminator hands and thinking there should be some kind of feasible compromise - especially if you either nix or greatly simplify the movable fingers. Oh well, Rhoby probably has enough issues on his table - but still. Those hands. My beautiful 1/48. It just seems so wrong somehow ;)

Dammit... everytime I get out the pitchfork and torches, I have to put them right back!

I have to find another riot, they were such a good deal on eBay, I have to find a use for them. Hmmm... when was the last time we heard from Fulcy's Armored Gerwalk project?

Dammit... everytime I get out the pitchfork and torches, I have to put them right back!

I have to find another riot, they were such a good deal on eBay, I have to find a use for them. Hmmm... when was the last time we heard from Fulcy's Armored Gerwalk project?

Fulcy? You gotta respond to this. :p

I'm still up for driving everyone there.

Driving? To pittsburgh? Hah! You california boys wouldn't last 10 minutes here - with our cold, and snow, and slush - wait, why do I live here again? Then again, I never did give an update on the project once I got the leg armor back from being made - maybe I should give you guys an update. After all, you've been berry berry good to me.

Driving? To pittsburgh? Hah! You california boys wouldn't last 10 minutes here - with our cold, and snow, and slush - wait, why do I live here again?

I'm from NY originaly. Pittsburgh winters are like the Bahamas to me.

I can train these SoCal boys - teach them how to use a wintercoat and gloves and we would be unstopable!

Driving? To pittsburgh? Hah! You california boys wouldn't last 10 minutes here - with our cold, and snow, and slush - wait, why do I live here again?

I'm from NY originaly. Pittsburgh winters are like the Bahamas to me.

I can train these SoCal boys - teach them how to use a wintercoat and gloves and we would be unstopable!

hehehe, those left coasters wouldn't even make it off the plane. :lol: once that brisk 10 degree wind hits them in the face, its a wrap. they can't handle the winter like us real men in the east. :D

my winter attire....

2 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of pants(longjohns, sweatpants, then jeans) and atleast 4 shirts(t-shirt, long sleeve, sweatshirt, a hoodie, then a jacket)....and i'm still cold. :lol:

Edited by haterist

wow, the level of irrelevance reached by this thread is quite something.

NY is cold. but i'll be going up to canada soon (just for fun), so i guess i'll have a different perspective after that.