1/48 Two Seater Conversion Kits

Mechamaniac

Sounds good. Just making sure this doesnt die.

Oh no, it won't die. I don't care if I have to beat on it's chest and scream....

LIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

It will not die. :lol:

I just hope that the 1/72 Regult is the only thing John has on his plate before this project. Given the lackluster response to the fanboy Valkyrie Girl project, I would hate to see it push back this one in favor of the 5 fanboys that actually want those things to be made. :rolleyes:

I'll be there helping you. Heck, I'll do CPR.

:lol: You sick puppy.

Hey now. You are sick too. You are the only person here that have more 1/48s than I do.

But that will hcange in the future! :lol:

But buying lot's of 1/48s is one thing. Doing mouth to mouth with it is another. :p

I want to prepare for this event. just a quick question....

For the VT and VE, do we need to have the base units for the FAST Packs, or will you be planning on a new design?

Sounds good. Just making sure this doesnt die.

Oh no, it won't die. I don't care if I have to beat on it's chest and scream....

LIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

It will not die. :lol:

I just hope that the 1/72 Regult is the only thing John has on his plate before this project. Given the lackluster response to the fanboy Valkyrie Girl project, I would hate to see it push back this one in favor of the 5 fanboys that actually want those things to be made. :rolleyes:

I'll be there helping you. Heck, I'll do CPR.

:lol: You sick puppy.

Hey now. You are sick too. You are the only person here that have more 1/48s than I do.

But that will hcange in the future! :lol:

But buying lot's of 1/48s is one thing. Doing mouth to mouth with it is another. :p

Well I meant the project. :rolleyes:

OK, so a question has been posed about the second seat in the 1D. The question is...IS there a console behind the pilot's seat or not?.

Well, the answer seems to be.....yes......and no.

I don't have any lineart of the 1D cockpit, so I went to the DVD's. The short answer is that in episode 1, there is a console behind the pilot's seat, in the Instructor's seat.

1dcock1.jpg

bump.gif

UPDATE - See the 1/72 Regult thread... :p (keep reading for details)

Seriously, with the advent of Eternal D's two seater conversion kit, I PM'd the Cap, and asked him if he still wanted to go ahead with his D conversion kit. I was not trying to discourage him in any way, I just know he is a busy man, and I do not want him to have to do work that someone else has already done.

No offense meant to Danny's kit, but I am sure that a D conversion kit done by the Cap will be absolutely stunning in every way, plus, he has vowed to make it perfect transformation if at all possible including the heatshield. Again, no offense meant to Etenal_D, but when I thought of all the people here on MW that could pull this off, it only took me a split second to settle on the Cap as the one and only choice.

So, I told you all of that, to tell you this...

Cap told me that once he has the Regult in production (hence, I told you to check that thread since it seems he is almost there) he is going to poll us, and as long as there are 25 orders he is still going to do his version of the D Conversion kit.

I highly doubt that we will have a problem filling that quota since the three or four MW members I know personally, and see on a daily basis have all said they are down for at least one. I also know that the completists around here are probably going to buy at least one of D's AND the Cap's kits too.

So, fear not, this project is not dead. Cap is still willing if you guys are.

Edited by Mechamaniac

cool man, i know i'm down to get atleast one set for sure(depending on the price). i know Eternal_D has one in the works but he mentioned something about sanding, polishing, screwing, painting, basically stuff i'm no good at. :p nothing against D but thats a lot of work for a unskilled non-craftsmen like me and godforbid i f-it up in some way, i'll be SOFL.

cool man, i know i'm down to get atleast one set for sure(depending on the price). i know Eternal_D has one in the works but he mentioned something about sanding, polishing, screwing, painting, basically stuff i'm no good at. :p nothing against D but thats a lot of work for a unskilled non-craftsmen like me and godforbid i f-it up in some way, i'll be SOFL.

So these will be bolt-on and molded in color? That will make huge difference to folks like me with little patience.

So these will be bolt-on and molded in color? That will make huge difference to folks like me with little patience.

Yes, according to an earlier statement by the Cap'n, these will be molded in probably something very close to the stock color of the valk for those of us who lack painting skills, and don't mind a plain jane two seater.

Removeable heatshield, heh...

It'll transform perfectly with the heatshield in place, thank you very much. And it WILL come molded in color to prevent paint scratching... Beige or light grey; just specify which variant you're doing when you order (1st ep. version, or Virgin Road ver.) and I'll cast it directly in the specific color. Should you wish to paint the parts just the same, you can always do so; that remains at the discretion of the customer. 

OK guys, the 1/72 Regult is being cast, so it's time to put up or shut up.

As stated before Cap will still go ahead with this as long as we have 25 orders for the 1D conversion kit.

I am going to tally the votes on the first page by member so PLEASE if you intend to get this kit, post your quantity etc.

Thanks!

I unfortunately cannot confirm how many kits I am going to buy as:

1. I do not have a paypal account as of yet.

2. I do not have any valkyries that I can spare to dedicate to make a VF-1D.

Otherwise, if the reissues of te VF-1J is coming out, I will take 8. 4 Virgin Road and 4 Orange and Beige. put me down as tentative. Sorry but this is the best I can do for now. If the Captain finishes at the end of July, I will be definitely more than willing to put down a deposit. It all depends on time and circumstance.

Again sorry, but this is the best I can do.

Actually can we have a time estimate on how long this will take you Cap? I mean, you built a regult from scratch in a little over a month. This project will not take you a month, and i know it really depends on many things, but will these be available in August this year?

2. I do not have any valkyries that I can spare to dedicate to make a VF-1D.

:blink::blink: Have you seen your sig lately? :blink::lol:

I put you down for 8 tentatively. I am sure we will reach 25 regardless.

All other interested parties have been added to Page 1, thanks!

Edited by Mechamaniac

I am not buying any of these for myself but would love the chance to work on one. If anyone wants to commission me to work on theirs just let me know.

OOOHHHH. I may have take you up on that offer Kurt but I am inching to one as well. After the VF-1A TVs, I feel very inadequate in my skills. Comparing my Max TV vs. yours, yours is better hands down. But this is my 1st complete custom.