Yamato toy news

Feyd-Rautha

Well, Winter Wonder Fest is this weekend (Feb 19) and I'm pretty sure Yamato will have a booth there. Noel is not attending this time. However, MW member 'Bariaburu Faita' is going and has promised to take pictures and to try to talk to the Yamato people, if they are willing to talk.

Hopefully, he can get some confimation on the status of the 3 vaporware projects (1/100 VF-0S, 1/60 Monster & YF-19FP) and also some news of any other upcoming projects. However, don't expect too much as the new Yamato is very tight-lipped and does not seem at all friendly towards Macrossworld.

I'm at least hoping that they will have the 1/48 GBP armor on show.

Graham

They treat it like a matter of national security. Are all Japanese companys like that? It seems to me like the new president is just a dick. The same time he popped up the QC went into the crapper and they quit talking to Graham. <_< Personally I don't trust them anymore. :( I'll probably get the 48 GBP but not untill I've seen everyone elses.

HEY, Braibaru, if you are reading this, can you ask around to see if yamato does not have the license, then who does? I keep hoping bandai as much as I think it will not be possible

Also TOYFAIR is this weekend in the USA!!!

And please tell yamato the 1/100 sucked and that a PV VF-0 would be awesome. (i got a 1/100 dfiecast F-14, and trust me if they are similar size, for 30$ PVC, that thing would be SMALL~!)

Well, Winter Wonder Fest is this weekend (Feb 19) and I'm pretty sure Yamato will have a booth there. Noel is not attending this time. However, MW member 'Bariaburu Faita' is going and has promised to take pictures and to try to talk to the Yamato people, if they are willing to talk.

Hopefully, he can get some confimation on the status of the 3 vaporware projects (1/100 VF-0S, 1/60 Monster & YF-19FP) and also some news of any other upcoming projects. However, don't expect too much as the new Yamato is very tight-lipped and does not seem at all friendly towards Macrossworld.

Graham

Yep, I`m going to go to this upcoming Wonderfest. Will take pictures but no promises on news of future toy releases by Yamato.

Maybe if you DONT admit to being a MWer?......? :rolleyes:

Of course, posting that a MW member is going to visit their booth might not be such a good idea :rolleyes:

Nah, I doubt anybody there reads MW forums anymore. They seem to have crawled so far up their own a-holes, that they can't see daylight any more :p

Who me......bitter?....Nah! :lol::lol::lol:

Graham

Of course, posting that a MW member is going to visit their booth might not be such a good idea :rolleyes:

Ah, but of course don't forget to wear a cunning disguise, so Yamato won't recognize you as a Macrossworld member :p .

Graham

Nah, I doubt anybody there reads MW forums anymore. They seem to have crawled so far up their own a-holes, that they can't see daylight any more :p

Who me......bitter?....Nah! :lol::lol::lol:

Graham

So that means that we are allowed to see all the pics you weren't allowed to post before? :D:rolleyes:

It looks like there will be a little more 1/48 action but then what? By this time, it doesn't appear the big Monster and the new YF-19 are going to happen. I was thinking they were going to move onto MacZero and do a bunch of varients of those valks but it doesn't look like that is going well either. I'm beginning to think the era of new Macross toys is almost over.

I'm beginning to think the era of new Macross toys is almost over.

Sadly, I think you may be right. Let's just hope we are both wrong.

Graham

I think Macross is dying off. :(

I currently have a job facilitating Japanese students who are here to learn English and surprisingly enough, none of them have even heard of Macross. Theyve heard of the other popular animes but not Macross. Its was really weird. I was seriously really surprised. I starting to think that Macross is almost at its end... period. :(

Graham

I currently have a job facilitating Japanese students who are here to learn English and surprisingly enough, none of them have even heard of Macross. Theyve heard of the other popular animes but not Macross. Its was really weird. I was seriously really surprised. I starting to think that Macross is almost at its end... period. :(

Blasphemy I tell you. As long as I have children it will never die.

Graham

Blasphemy I tell you. As long as I have children it will never die.

Haha... yeah, well there is always us to keep it alive. ;)

I was talking about more anime on Macross. I'm starting to think Zero could possibly be the last one. I hope I'm dead wrong. I'm still hoping for a new series of Macross sometime within the next couple years. B))

I just recieved the Jan 2005 Hobby Japan. (I know it's February) Just wanted to let you know there is a tiny 3 view drawing of a 1/48 Armored VF-1A. The armor doesn't strike me as being correct in proportions, but like it was made to fit the toy solely. Somebody who can read Japanese might be able to get more info from the litle blurb, or there might be new info in the newest HJ.

Old news, we saw that months ago when the Jan 2005 issue first came out. The latest issue of HJ will be the April issue out next week :lol:

Graham

Gotta love the magazine industry.

Now why can't they share this time travel technology that lets them release their products 2 months early with the REST of the world?

Graham

how is it? any news for 01S?

well, Wonderfest has started, hopefully, we'll see a new thread started soon.

You would think Yamato would like letting us know and get worked up, granted, they are only allowed to cater to the japanese market, but they must know that we are their biggest fanbase and this is where the money is. most of us are probably in our 30s with decent jobs with a little disposable income. Look at Godzilla and Kensei, I mean, if I wasn't buying swords and guns, I'd be one of them with a fleet, one sword or gun with accessories is equivalent to 6 1/48s! I bought three swords and a gun last year, and my wife keeps telling me to stop buying weapons and start buying more toys, who needs more incentive than that? right now, I'm looking to get a new shotgun or the 1/48s M&M, Q-Raus and Monster. If I can get (not looking too good) the chief or prosecutor of my city to sign off on me owning a short-barreled shotgun in their city, then i'm getting it, else I'm spending the $$ on more Yamato stuff.

Yamato, give me something good to buy! 1/48 GBP! YF19FP! VF0S! and of course, my post won't be complete unless I add, Yamato, give me a 1/48 Max VF-1A TV version! It's a repaint!!!!

:lol:

Edited by Chowser

Imo we'll see just some vf-0 news if Yamato will show macross stuff . Maybe the 1/48 GBP-1s prototype...

I'm curious about how many are the probabilities that Yamato will show a new yf/vf-19 when they have to release their vf-0 yet.

granted, they are only allowed to cater to the japanese market, but they must know that we are their biggest fanbase and this is where the money is.  most of us are probably in our 30s with decent jobs with a little disposable income.

I have a problem with you saying 'this is where the money is'.

The Japanese market is a lot more significant than the total sales to members of MacrossWorld. Just because a few people on here spend their whole paychecks on whole squadrons of 1/48s doesn't mean that Yamato sell more to them than to all the hobby shops and Toys R Us in Japan. Japan is a country of over 120 million people with a very high level of disposable income.

Japan is also the home of obsession. If you think you spend a lot of money on your hobby I can introduce you to a bunch of Japanese friends I have who spend much more. Or like a guy I saw on Japanese TV who swapped one of Nomo's original Dodgers jerseys (valued at around US$30,000, according to the TV show) for a front row ticket to a Morning Musume concert because his 'hobby' is Morning Musume.

I'm not surprised that Yamato doesn't give a crap about the whinings of a bunch of mostly American fans on here and probably why they don't bother feeding Graham insider info anymore. Its not worth it for them. Get over it, Yamato don't care that you exist.

A lot of people on this board act a little too self important and act as if Yamato is making Valks just for us MacrossWorlders...Just a gripe I've had for a while that's been building up. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Edited by Skull00

Get over it, Yamato don't care that you exist.

But they are releasing Scopedog in the US aren't they? It's just HG getting in the way of sales...

I bet if they had released 1/48 valks and repackaged them as robotech toys, things might have been different. Money is still money. And if they could expand into other markets they can get more.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I have a problem with you saying 'this is where the money is'.

The Japanese market is a lot more significant than the total sales to members of MacrossWorld. Just because a few people on here spend their whole paychecks on whole squadrons of 1/48s doesn't mean that Yamato sell more to them than to all the hobby shops and Toys R Us in Japan. Japan is a country of over 120 million people with a very high level of disposable income.

I'm not surprised that Yamato doesn't give a crap about the whinings of a bunch of mostly American fans on here and probably why they don't bother feeding Graham insider info anymore. Its not worth it for them. Get over it, Yamato don't care that you exist.

A lot of people on this board act a little too self important and act as if Yamato is making Valks just for us MacrossWorlders...Just a gripe I've had for a while that's been building up. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Even though of course the lion's share of sales are to the Japanese market, Macrossworld members around the world (not just the US), still manage to rack up a significant amount of purchases.

A while back (maybe on the old forums, I forget), we had a long-running thread where people listed their total number of Yamato Valks and it came to quite an large number. One member even compiled the data onto an Excel spreadsheet, which I forwarded to Yamato and they were quite impressed by the sales.

Back when I was still close to Yamato, I got see see information on the production run sizes and IIRC, the purchases by Macrossworld members was roughly something like between 2% to 5% of the total production, which is nothing to sneeze at. It may even have been a bit higher, but I honestly can't remember without finding and reviewing the figures.

Graham