NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

It actually looks fairly good.. then again, this is SDFCommander, who even made the MPC VF looks good. :p

Seems like build material and QC issues are the main bugbears of the Alpha. Sort of like Yamato in the early early days. I guess I would have to take apart and rebuild some parts of the Alpha if and when I get one (no big deal, I take apart things on a regular basis anyway..)

The head sculpt for the Blue Alpha looks good. Tempting, really.. but I really only want a good Red Alpha.

It actually looks fairly good.. then again, this is SDFCommander, who even made the MPC VF looks good. :p

Seems like build material and QC issues are the main bugbears of the Alpha. Sort of like Yamato in the early early days. I guess I would have to take apart and rebuild some parts of the Alpha if and when I get one (no big deal, I take apart things on a regular basis anyway..)

The head sculpt for the Blue Alpha looks good. Tempting, really.. but I really only want a good Red Alpha.

from what I understand alot of parts are glued togeather :(

So...here is my stupid question.  ! have 2 Alphas.  The external whites boxes for them are numbered 03125 and 00417.  The internal books are labeled 03125 and 00001.  Did by some mistake I end up with number 1, or is this a silly marketing thing where there are more then 1 number 1?

Toynami morons. Gah!! What about the toys themselves? They are numbered too. Look in the crotch area... :ph34r:

Cool...just did....my toy matches the book and says I have number 00001!!! I HAVE NUMBER 1!!! Thats really cool! I wonder who has the number 1 white box packed up with 417?

Thanks Lynx,

This time was was not that hard to make these Alpha's look good :lol:

My Alpha basically did not have any problems. The only thing was floppy arm in the shoulder. It looks like the rubber washer was missing.

I don't have a lot of practice taking glued parts apart. Someone mentioned that I can use model cement to stiffen the joint. I just want to stiffen it not glue it. Anyone have any other ideas of what I could do stiffen up that shoulder joint? I'm not sure if nail polish will be strong enough.

I'll try to post some pics of Ammo Diver/Guardian mode tommorrow along with a shot that shows how much ground clearance I was able to get in fighter mode.

What you can't see are all the little white "Danger" stickers on all the missle hatches. They should be more visible on the Red Alpha...

Again I really hope these qc problems are solved because I would really like to have a Shadow Fighter and a Beta :unsure:

Edited by SDFcommander

So...here is my stupid question.  ! have 2 Alphas.  The external whites boxes for them are numbered 03125 and 00417.  The internal books are labeled 03125 and 00001.  Did by some mistake I end up with number 1, or is this a silly marketing thing where there are more then 1 number 1?

Toynami morons. Gah!! What about the toys themselves? They are numbered too. Look in the crotch area... :ph34r:

Cool...just did....my toy matches the book and says I have number 00001!!! I HAVE NUMBER 1!!! Thats really cool! I wonder who has the number 1 white box packed up with 417?

awesome score Jesse!

Wait... Shhhh... listen...

I think that was Kevin...

I sent him the wrong box... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Edited by >EXO<

Updated MPC Alpha Casualty List

EXO = Broken hinge on the shoulder missile hatch.

Opus = Broken hinge on the sensor pod door.

Opus = Thumb fell off the left hand due to stress crack.

Opus = Ratchet mechanism broken in left shoulder.

Opus = Left hand broke at the pinky edge of the finger joint.

dejr8bud = Broken hinge on the sensor pod door.

Mechafactory.com = Arm fell off straight out of the box.

Sam = Little hinge on bottom of hand that holds fingers to palm broke off.

macu5454 = Arm broke off.

eugimon = The sensor hatch broke upon first transformation.

Graham

awesome score Jesse!

Wait... Shhhh... listen...

I think that was Kevin...

I sent him the wrong box... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: Hey Myersjessee, ask him for real...does Kevin still have the #1 box?

Another Casualty here!

My MPC arrive nicely, from Kevin from Vlk-exchange. (Great place to buy). I transform it once from plane to robot mode. After in robot mode, I've notice the right arm's elbow joint wasn't able to turn left nor right. Then I re-check the other side and it was fine. I finally figure out that they put the arm joint in backwards. Below is a pic borrow from above to point out what I'm talking about. Do anybody know how to take the arm apart? Any help will be appciated! Honestly when I first handle the alpha, it felt like a toy from Wal-Mart. Other than the heavty weight.. I hate to say i'm just gona give it a "fair" grade and for sure not $80 worth. The robot mode sure is nice, but the flight mode is rather trouble with the landing gear as other had posted. Anyway.. any help would be appciated! THX in advance.

L,

post-26-1093280570_thumb.jpg

Another Casualty here!

My MPC arrive nicely, from Kevin from Vlk-exchange. (Great place to buy). I transform it once from plane to robot mode. After in robot mode, I've notice the right arm's elbow joint wasn't able to turn left nor right. Then I re-check the other side and it was fine. I finally figure out that they put the arm joint in backwards. Below is a pic borrow from above to point out what I'm talking about. Do anybody know how to take the arm apart? Any help will be appciated! Honestly when I first handle the alpha, it felt like a toy from Wal-Mart. Other than the heavty weight.. I hate to say i'm just gona give it a "fair" grade and for sure not $80 worth. The robot mode sure is nice, but the flight mode is rather trouble with the landing gear as other had posted. Anyway.. any help would be appciated! THX in advance.

L,

email toynamie they will replace it

I've been away this thread 'cause my PayPal account won't work 'till next week and I envy all you proud owners of a MPC Alpha (specially Myerjesee).

Sorry Kevin, I'll send my payment as soon as possible.

I'm specting the inavitable QC problems so I'm taking notes of the flaws and how to solve them, but those "I'm happy with mine" and "mine has no problems" sentences are killing me! I can't wait to get mine. :(:(:(

valk ARRIVED~! .....with free paint smudge on the left intake....URGH... <_<

thanks KEv

what valk??

Alpha MPC of course... <_< how can a yamato have a paint smudge on its intake...

Ehh...because its a Toynami, not Yamato... :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol: It's sabotage I tell you!!!

Guest midimann

Based on reading the threads,I have come to the conculsion that when it comes down to it in American business Image and quantity are everything. Not Quality and Craftsmanship. Boom or Bust I call it. I will stick with my Gakken's thank you very much .At least they will stand the test of time. Ya maybe the gakkens are not as flashy and gimmicky, Rememder looks are not everything. :p:huh::blink::angry:B))

MOTHERF*CK!!! :angry:

What SH*T.

Graham, you can mark me down as the first person to notice obvious quality defects before I even opend the F'n box!!!

First off, thanks to Kevin for the fast & well-packed shipping.

Now, if Toynami spent less $$$ on uselessly overdone packaging and more on hiring decent quality control folks, they might've had something here, as the sculpt looks nice.

However, I can't comment on playability or poseability, cause I never even broke the seal!

I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas Story... as soon as I opened the flap, I was like 'OH FUUUUUUUUUUUDGe...'

Only I most assuredly did not say FUDGE. :angry:

It was obvious that the paint was NOT EVEN F'N DRY before they packaged the piece of MasterCRAP because the paint on the flaps at either side of the cockpit was STUCK to the inside of the clear cover!!!

I've circled the defects in the attached pic. It wasn't easy to get a halfway readable photo beacuse of the reflections, but you get the idea.

How do you like that crap?

I take it Kevin doesn't do returns? I guess I'll haveta email Toynami customer service.

1st Toynami toy = LAST Toynami toy

I don't want a replacement from those turkeys... I want a refund.

post-26-1093387191_thumb.jpg

MOTHERF*CK!!! :angry:

What SH*T.

Graham, you can mark me down as the first person to notice obvious quality defects before I even opend the F'n box!!!

First off, thanks to Kevin for the fast & well-packed shipping.

Now, if Toynami spent less $$$ on uselessly overdone packaging and more on hiring decent quality control folks, they might've had something here, as the sculpt looks nice.

However, I can't comment on playability or poseability, cause I never even broke the seal!

I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas Story... as soon as I opened the flap, I was like 'OH FUUUUUUUUUUUDGe...'

Only I most assuredly did not say FUDGE. :angry:

It was obvious that the paint was NOT EVEN F'N DRY before they packaged the piece of MasterCRAP because the paint on the flaps at either side of the cockpit was STUCK to the inside of the clear cover!!!

I've circled the defects in the attached pic. It wasn't easy to get a halfway readable photo beacuse of the reflections, but you get the idea.

How do you like that crap?

I take it Kevin doesn't do returns? I guess I'll haveta email Toynami customer service.

1st Toynami toy = LAST Toynami toy

I don't want a replacement from those turkeys... I want a refund.

Sorry to hear about your MPC ALpha. I can offer an exchange. Just PM me...

-Kevin

Thanks Kevin! I PM'd ya! You definitly deserve the awesome sales rep you've earned here on MacrossWorld!

But to Toynami:

SHAME ON YOU TOYNAMI FOR HAVING QUALITY INDEPENDENT RETAILERS PICK UP YOUR MESS!!! :angry:

Edited by Amped