NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

I sense some jealousy :lol: . Btw anyone know what the BIN was??

Hells yeah. A bunch of us went to that panel and sat thru some boring poo to win that toy. And for 90 bucks... :rolleyes:

:p

Bastards!!!

haha, come on now, it's coming out pretty soon. It's not like it's the only one made! so relax and be patient! :p:D:lol:

I sense some jealousy :lol: . Btw anyone know what the BIN was??

Hells yeah. A bunch of us went to that panel and sat thru some boring poo to win that toy. And for 90 bucks... :rolleyes:

:p

Bastards!!!

haha, come on now, it's coming out pretty soon. It's not like it's the only one made! so relax and be patient! :p:D:lol:

haha... you know me enough to know that patience is not one of my virtues...

so I emailed toynami and asked about the head sculpt, their reply:

Thank you for your inquiry. However we haven't released any pictures

of the

green Alpha head sculpt.

Best regards,

Customer Service

Toynami Inc

which is so odd, cuz what was that photo then???

Aw, c'mon Exo. We sat through the boring panel at AX not at SDCC. :lol: If it's the winner from Con then that means it's that old lady that complained that she couldn't hear the numbers. :blink: Damn.

I would have kept it as it's pretty much guaranteed to have the early run variation.

Nope. I sat thru the RT panel again on Thurs at SDCC, before you guys got there. The guys that won it was part of the NO MA'AM contigency...

The old lady didnt even know what was being raffled... I don't even think she knew were she was and what the SDCC was...

Nope. I sat thru the RT panel again on Thurs at SDCC, before you guys got there. The guys that won it was part of the NO MA'AM contigency...

The old lady didnt even know what was being raffled... I don't even think she knew were she was and what the SDCC was...

Oh. Okay, yeah, he's a bastard. Dude, why sit there as a Robotech fan, win something decent related to Robotech, to just get rid of it. Fanboys. I'll never understand them. :p

Nope. I sat thru the RT panel again on Thurs at SDCC, before you guys got there.  The guys that won it was part of the NO MA'AM contigency...

Oh. Okay, yeah, he's a bastard. Dude, why sit there as a Robotech fan, win something decent related to Robotech, to just get rid of it. Fanboys. I'll never understand them. :p

That Alpha was mine!!! :p Or at least sold it for more.. hehe...

So the alpha/Legioss is coming out this week? Great... just when I spent $500 on my car for maintenance... Oh well... After watching the 15 episodes of Mospeda, I want the alpha. But if it is dissapointing, I will be pissed.

Dude, why sit there as a Robotech fan, win something decent related to Robotech, to just get rid of it. Fanboys. I'll never understand them. :p

I know what you mean. I went to Otakon and the guy behind me won one. My ticket was one number off. :unsure: I know that one is not going to get sold.

Bets to believe I would keep it and have review up. I did get a chance to hold one. I liked it very much. Tom transformed it several times during the pannel to show this one is ment to be played with. It has some good weight to it.

QUOTE (eyesonme78 @ Aug 1 2004, 08:30 PM)

Hi graham, possible for you to do so ? or could you recommend someone to do it? Thanks.

Eh.......what?

Graham

I think Eyesonme is talking about a review of the Alpha. I understand That you're not getting yours soon, but perhaps somebody here can post a review as soon as he gets the toy.

As eriku said: this'll be a loooong week :(

i cannot wait to see the alpha, i really hope it lives up to the hype, it looks great i just wish it was bigger

QUOTE (eyesonme78 @ Aug 1 2004, 08:30 PM)

Hi graham, possible for you to do so ? or could you recommend someone to do it? Thanks.

Eh.......what?

Graham

I think Eyesonme is talking about a review of the Alpha. I understand That you're not getting yours soon, but perhaps somebody here can post a review as soon as he gets the toy.

As eriku said: this'll be a loooong week :(

As I have to order mine from the US, I'll probably be one of the last people here to get it, considering that shipping from the US to HK takes at least a week, often longer.

Graham

Well, looks like we have another short delay...I spoke to Toynami yesterday and they mentioned the vessel is behind schedule and will be here next week. Revised ETA is 8/10-8/11....I wish they would have said something sooner to me rather than saying 'Oh, you didn't hear???' ... <_<

-Kevin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I will make stickers for the Alphas as soon as I get the toy.

Ohhh, that's sweet! :D

Just got a quick question from you, will it be Legioss style stickers from Genesis Climber Mospeada OR Alpha style stickers from Robotech?

Me, I'd prefer Legioss stickers, rather than Alpha stickers that have Robotech influences or any links to Robotech. In other words Gakken Legioss stickers, so I can pretend that it's a Legioss from Mospeada.

As I have to order mine from the US, I'll probably be one of the last people here to get it, considering that shipping from the US to HK takes at least a week, often longer.

Graham

Will the MPC Alpha's not be released here in asia, meaning we have to order ours stateside then?

Edited by Ensign G

I will make stickers for the Alphas as soon as I get the toy.

Ohhh, that's sweet! :D

Just got a quick question from you, will it be Legioss style stickers from Genesis Climber Mospeada OR Alpha style stickers from Robotech?

Me, I'd prefer Legioss stickers, rather than Alpha stickers that have Robotech influences or any links to Robotech. In other words Gakken Legioss stickers, so I can pretend that it's a Legioss from Mospeada.

I didn't think there was a difference.

Like the MPC VF-1's and old reboxed by Matchbox Gakken Alpha's, they'll have the same stickers as the Mospeada versions (based off the Imai decal sheet IIRC).

Might not be so Robotech (Mars Base instead of REF) but it's all part of Toynami's claim to produce toys that are as they are seen on screen, which means Mars Base M's instead of REF.

And yes I'm sure some will point out that Alpha/Legioss on screen didn't have even a 1/4 of the stickers/decals of the toys and models :)

Cyc

Oh, okay. I just wanted to make sure, as I never owned any Legioss, models or other wise.

Hey does someone have the Legioss model's decal guide, and can they scan a pic of it? Then they can share with those who's getting an Alpha so we have a good idea where to place those stickers that takatoys will make, or will he include a copy with his set? I just don't like the way Toynami has some of them placed and I want a second better option of placement.

Thanks! :D