NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

exacthg same thing but many polpe were turned off so theyd dint complete the montage/

What are you talking about here? I got all of the VF-1s, and all of the cells including the background... They completed the VF-1 montage...

As for the New Gen pilots... I'm sure the same will be true.

Perhaps he is talking about the fact that the MPC's always seem to be out at every other retailer and e-tailer before those ordering from RT.com ever got theirs with the special *cell*.. (usually without ever receiving a shipping notice). Or maybe he is talking about the fact that people quickly realized they could get them cheaper from other sites.. (even if not waiting for the price to drop at least they could get free shipping...still results in lower total price). Or he could be talking about the people who didn't get the background cell with their "Miriya" MPC and then received bent and damaged replacements in the mail.... I could certainly understand why many chose *not* to order from Rt.com and complete the montage. ;)

It is cool that you completed your collection of the cells though Rocco! Was it worth it? Would you mind sharing pics of the completed montage? :)

Thanks,

Melissa (who actually thinks Yune's art on the MPC VF-1 boxes and cells was actually pretty good but thinks his Yellow is just plain scary... :blink: )

Although I'll be releasing a flood of entirely predictable and pointless anti-toynami posts by announcing this (why do the toynami-hating folks bother reading the MPC thread anyways?)...

For those looking forward to the alphas like I am: a retailer called 'BlueForgeGames' has posted to toyboxdx, stating that they have been told by Toynami that the Bernard Alpha is now delayed until June.

Delayed until June, heh? Frustrating, but not unexpected given their track record, and it will give me more time to space out my purchases, and give my wallet a bit of a respite, so it doesn't really bother me; besides, even the much lauded Yamato company has been known to delay their product releases...YF-19 FP anyone? ;)

Who knows, the delay can be due to anything, from production problems and last minute QC issues (we don't want a repeat of the Rick VF-1J fiasco now, do we?), to making sure that the Alphas will be compatible with the, as yet unannounced --crossing my fingers on this one -- Beta. :rolleyes:

I just hope that when it is finally released it will be worth the wait. We'll all find out come June, if there are no further delays at that point. <_<

It is cool that you completed your collection of the cells though Rocco! Was it worth it? Would you mind sharing pics of the completed montage? :)

Thanks,

Melissa (who actually thinks Yune's art on the MPC VF-1 boxes and cells was actually pretty good but thinks his Yellow is just plain scary... :blink: )

I would be happy to post a pic, however, all of my collection is in a closet in boxes currently awaiting a display case...

When I get a new wall unit to display my collection, I will post the pic of the montage here.

Delayed till June? I saw one site said September. I am trying to find it...

It's possible they haven't updated the Sept 2003 date.

Not that i'm discounting the possiblity that it may have been pused back to Sept 2004 either :)

Cyc

I've spoken to the HG higher ups, and yes it's pushed back. They say June, but we'll see. Even I'm not surprised of the push back. We'll see how long it takes.

Dress them up with as fancy a setting as you want, an MPC is still an MPC... 

Too true. However, it does look pretty cool, and just imagine how much cooler that hangar/tarmac diorama would look with Yamato's 1/48 Valkyries.

Remember this?...

post-26-1084459816_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New selection of MPC Scott type images on the Toynami site

http://www.toynami.com/robotech_mpc_alpha.html#

Highlights include:

Nice close-ups.

Shoulder missile pod internally look JUST like the Imai kit, complete with non-removable missiles.

Gunpod under wing! But wrong side! (good in the end I guess).

Cockpit canopy still the wrong shape.

Cyc

Maybe it's just the way the light is hitting it in these shots, but the overall finishing job on it seems to be much better. It actually looks like a quality toy now. I just wish we could know for sure wether or not it is one. I'd buy one for $50.

It actually looks good. Wow. I may actually pre-order one now. *hell freezes over*

The missiles look pretty bad though, and there are some serious gaps... Hopefully the gaps will be fixed.

Edited by GobotFool

New selection of MPC Scott type images on the Toynami site

http://www.toynami.com/robotech_mpc_alpha.html#

Highlights include:

Nice close-ups.

Shoulder missile pod internally look JUST like the Imai kit, complete with non-removable missiles.

Gunpod under wing! But wrong side! (good in the end I guess).

Cockpit canopy still the wrong shape.

Cyc

That does look nicer than MPC of VF-1 series. However, based on the photos, it appears that TOynami is hardly using diecast again. How come Toynami cannot add more diecast into the toy. Oh well, I guess I know the answer to that question, however, I will reserve my opinion.....

The new pics of the Scott Alpha do look better, I must say.

June as the new release with someone already suggesting July? Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll have a Beta by 2006? Or is it Cyclones in 2006 and Beta in 2008? :p

The new pics of the Scott Alpha do look better, I must say.

June as the new release with someone already suggesting July? Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll have a Beta by 2006? Or is it Cyclones in 2006 and Beta in 2008? :p

Ahhh yes, 1/55 cyclones for a mere 80$ apeace.

MPC Alpha's looking more promising each time it's shown. B))

BTW, has anyone noticed this (it was put up a week or two ago):

http://www.toynami.com/macross.html

Macross DYRL is BOTH copyrighted and trademarked by Harmony Gold! Good luck getting the movie from Big West...

Niiiice. I do so love this toy.

About those missles, it seems like a simple mod to fix.

And I'm not sure I like the idea of an MPC Cyclone. Didn't work out too well the last time they tried that.

I'd be just happy with a super-posable Cyclone.

Wow, don't check this thread often, so missed the latest pics until now. Gotta say the Alpha MPC toy looks great. I might have to raid the piggy bank and buy more than the one piece I originally planned.

Graham

Cyc, thanks for the link. As for the Alpha, other than the large gaps on major assemblies, it looks very nice indeed, and the missiles don't look that much worse than the ones on the Yamato Q-Rau.

wow i was just over at the auction section and i saw some posts of MPC's running well over 130 bucks (for vol1 and vol 3) :unsure:

i am somewhat impressed by this, but i think they are hitting these prices because

1. the people that buy them dont know better

2. people like to have the whole collection of something and those are the only two sold out so far

3. No matter how much we hate MPC's, if they had fixed the quality issues, they wouldn't be half bad.

gamestop close by got some MPCs that noone bought from other stores and revcently discounted the hell out of the,m. List was 19.99 but was markled down 50% so i got my skul 1 MIB for 10$!!!!

so if u want the alpha for cheap do the following

wait 2 months to a year after release. after 2 months the etailers are permitted to lower price. remember the cost to make an MPC is 55$ but the markup is due to rt.com's monopoly

scope out tam or kev or BBTS and i think after 2 months something will go ondiscount like last year. Popular releases will take a while but i expect the green one to be the ben of the line.

with that in mind, also check out gamestops/. they mark down at least 20$ off at first and in the months after will go as low as 10$. this is rare but most of the time prices average for low price is 30$

wow i was just over at the auction section and i saw some posts of MPC's running well over 130 bucks (for vol1 and vol 3

Well the vol 1s and 3s are sold out (online) so the only ways to get them are in B&M stores or via eBay. I do agree that some people don't know any better (that some of the Yamato's are better) but I think a lot has to do with completing the collection.

And there are only a few people who have them on eBay (I do have a handful being auctioned at various times)... since there are only a few people who are offering them, then the demand also goes up.

One guy buys from me then turns around and puts them right back online +$30... I suppose I could try to do that too but it doesn't look like he gets as many buyers as I do.

judging rom what graham said the production of 15,000 is an average number for any toyline., that number does not really mean limited at all.

for the low viz there was a discussion the summer it came out and from what i remember it was compared to the YF-1R and the production for low viz was below 5,000 and i also recall readiong it was less than 2,500. So theres nothing close to 30K out there. oh man that wouyld so rule though, i wouldnt mind having a low viz and not paying 300$ up for it.

and boys within nmoinths after release, I am sure by x mas, i bet some of us will be the proud owners of MPC alphas on DISCOUNT.(shoot my MPC skull 1 MIB was 10$....lets hope some of us get an alpha MPC for that price as well!)