NEW Official MPC Thread!!!

As far as the chest touching the ground, I looked very closely and it looks like it clears the ground by about a half millimeter. There was a sprue that wasn't trimmed that touched the ground, but that could easily be fixed.

They said at the Robotech panel they had a model you could hold, but I didn't get a chance.

Smaller than a super poseable?!?!?!? U gotta be kidding me. Still I dunno f the chest part is too big in which it touches the ground in fighter mode.

I do not think it is touching the groud anymore. Since, they now have wheels. But, I cannot see the chest area either.

As for the size, Toynami is really something. They could have made it at least few inches taller. I know that they used XXXX as their proto type and all. But, at least they could have spent few more $$$ to make it taller. This cost cuttings are really driving me crazy. One chance to have a brand spanking new Mospeada legisoss and they make it 6 inches tall. All this time, I truely thought that Toynami had there scale messed up and was at least make it 8 or 9 inches tall.

Oh well, I should have never started this Macross/Robotech collections, now I am kneww deep into collecting and addicted to it..... I now get more stress from all these company doing stupid things (Yamato Toynami, etc) relating to Macross and Robotech.

HELLO IU WAS AT ANIME XPO AND THEY LET ME HANDLE IT AND THE THING IS CRAP.

YAMATO QC IS THE WORST THERE IS. THE LEGS DONT GO BACK ON DURING TRANSFORMATION THEY JUST KINDA HANG THERE AND FALL OFF.

AND THERES NO HEATSHIELD WHATSOEVER AND NOS FAST PACKS COME ON WERE TALING MAX HERE HE HAS TO HAVE FAST PACKS

ATTENDANT FROM YAMATO WAS NICE BUT TOLD ME TO GIVE IT BACK WHEN I TRIED TO PUT LEGS IN FUSILAGE.

I TOLD HIM TO HIS FACE THAT YAMATO SUCKS YOU HSOULDA SEEN HIS FACE.

HELLO IU WAS AT ANIME XPO AND THEY LET ME HANDLE IT AND THE THING IS CRAP.

YAMATO QC IS THE WORST THERE IS. THE LEGS DONT GO BACK ON DURING TRANSFORMATION THEY JUST KINDA HANG THERE AND FALL OFF.

AND THERES NO HEATSHIELD WHATSOEVER AND NOS FAST PACKS COME ON WERE TALING MAX HERE HE HAS TO HAVE FAST PACKS

ATTENDANT FROM YAMATO WAS NICE BUT TOLD ME TO GIVE IT BACK WHEN I TRIED TO PUT LEGS IN FUSILAGE.

I TOLD HIM TO HIS FACE THAT YAMATO SUCKS YOU HSOULDA SEEN HIS FACE.

Are you referring to a Valkyrie MPC, or the soon-to-be released Alpha? Your post was confusing to read.

I WAS REFERRING TO YAMATOS NEW MPC VALKYRIE AT ANIME EXPO. THE ONE IN THA PICTURE.

THA ONE THAT EVERYBODY STOOD IN LINE FOR HERE BUT NO ONE EXCEPT ME GOT TO SEE IT BECAUESE I WENT TO THE FRONT (I'M A BIG GUY PEOPLE CALL BE BABY HUEY I DONT KNOW WHY BUT ANYWAY) AND AFTER I PAYED WIT H IT THEY TOOK IT BACK AND LET NO ONE ELSE PLAY WITH IT STUPID YAMATO

AX_04_001sm.jpg

Edited by RainBot

I WAS REFERRING TO YAMATOS NEW MPC VALKYRIE AT ANIME EXPO. THE ONE IN THA PICTURE.

THA ONE THAT EVERYBODY STOOD IN LINE FOR HERE BUT NO ONE EXCEPT ME GOT TO SEE IT BECAUESE I WENT TO THE FRONT (I'M A BIG GUY PEOPLE CALL BE BABY HUEY I DONT KNOW WHY BUT ANYWAY) AND AFTER I PAYED WIT H IT THEY TOOK IT BACK AND LET NO ONE ELSE PLAY WITH IT STUPID YAMATO

AX_04_001sm.jpg

I know you are new here but please.

1.)Know what you are talking about.

2.)Lay off the caps lock.

Thanks from your local moderators.

That's so weird... I thought rainbot has been around a while (since the old boards) but that sure don't look like his posts.

First of all, they SAY there's one that you can play with at their booth, but you can't easily ask them if you can handle it. After a few minutes of trying to convince them, they brought out the sample in the box and they let me and a couple of MWers feel the weight on it. Suprisingly enough, it was pretty heavy for it's size.

At the RT panel they raffled one off. One lucky sucker got to take one home ahead of every one. I spoke to the guy and asked him to take it out of the box and transform it. He agreed to do it. After seeing that he never transformed an Alpha before and had no idea of the sequence he gave it to me and asked me to try. I got as far as pulling the legs back. One of the legs wouldn't slide all the way back and I didn't want to force it. The people from the panel asked us to make room for the next panel so we had to leave. From what I can feel for the short time I had it. The joints felt tight. But I can't say surely as I didn't get to hold it for that long.

I felt stupid after wards because I didn't introduce myself to the lucky and very graceful gentleman that won the toy. If I see him again, and by chance I recognize him, I'll invite him to the Macrossworld Con and ask him to display it. Actually, I bet we can ask someone from Toynami to display one of their personally owned Alpha. They seemed nice enough people to talk to.

Edited by >EXO<

That's so weird... I thought rainbot has been around a while (since the old boards) but that sure don't look like his posts.

Yeah, it is me. I just get a real kick out of this stuff. What's even funnier is that people take me seriously. I mean, sheesh! :D

"I HURTR MY CAT" and so forth by :o transforming :o an Armoured 1J?! Can you imagine that? :blink:

And "I TOLD HIM TO HIS FACE THAT YAMATO SUCKS YOU HSOULDA SEEN HIS FACE." ! Hah! Imagine what a sales rep from Toynami would think of an obese Huey the Duck look-alike saying that to him!

Anyhoo, thanks, Exo, for that informative first person account.

And to everyone else, :p;)

Edited by RainBot

AX_04_001sm.jpg

Dude, you gotta lay off the pipe! <_<

last one

Did you guys notice the little folded up cyclone? That's a nice little extra.

They have the alpha all stickered up now, looks a bit better, I can post some pics later tonight.

the little cyclone is sweet.

It isnt from Yamato. Alpha is made by Toynami. If it is crap, maybe it is time to cancel the preorder. Still, no one answered if there is a beta coming and will it linkup.

I asked random big guy behind the toynami counter and he said it depended on whether the MPC alpha sold well.

I then asked if the VF-1 sold to expectation and he then glared at me.

I asked nicely too, honest.

I'm really liking the more drab, darker blue they're using rather than the brighter blue shown on the recent photos on RT.com. makes the Legioss look more military.

And from the Armo-Soldier mode pic it looks like they have indluded the detail of the triple barrels on the gunpod muzzle.

I'm definitely picking up at least 2 of these and damn the cost. Although I won't know for sure until I've actually handled one, it looks like Toynami have made good this time.

Graham

I'm really liking the more drab, darker blue they're using rather than the brighter blue shown on the recent photos on RT.com. makes the Legioss look more military.

You can say that again. I'm loving the colour scheme they're chosen.

Then again, I'm also okay with the metallic blue we were shown before :)

I'd just like to thank Wrylak and Eugimon for their wonderful pics from AX.

Despite my monkey(sun-wu kung) -like silliness earlier (come on, some of you found it funny), the pics show why this piece will get purchased - it looks fabulous.

Wrylak and Eugimon are to be commended for their generosity in sharing these awesome photos with us.

Thanks folks!

Rain

Edited by RainBot

Thanks for the pics, now I have to restrain myself from ordering a fleet of them :)

*waves his fingers in a hypnotic fashion*

Give in... you must give in to your temptations... buy fleets of them... remortgage your house to finance your Alpha addictions...

Thanks for the pics, now I have to restrain myself from ordering a fleet of them :)

*waves his fingers in a hypnotic fashion*

Give in... you must give in to your temptations... buy fleets of them... remortgage your house to finance your Alpha addictions...

You're evil! :(

Looks like I may be getting a green and red one after all.

At least a green. I am impressed by the detail. The size is kinda small, but the detail is definately there. Now we need a durability test.

Looks like I may be getting a green and red one after all.

At least a green. I am impressed by the detail. The size is kinda small, but the detail is definately there. Now we need a durability test.

darn, they had the red one there, but I didn't take a picture of it.

it looked pretty nice and the rook pilot sculpt looked more feminine ( I thought ) than the millia sculpt on the 1/48 vf-1j... and it had a little cyclone all folded up as well.

:(

i must be blind... wheres the folded up cyclone? all i can see is in legioss mode it has the pic of the cyclone on the chest? Help me, im old....

and dang it looks bea-ti-ful....

i must be blind... wheres the folded up cyclone? all i can see is in legioss mode it has the pic of the cyclone on the chest? Help me, im old....

and dang it looks bea-ti-ful....

if take a lokk on page 44 of thid thread you'll see a picture of a red alpha posted by wrylac, at the alpha's feet you'll see 2 objects..one is the pilot the other is a folded cyclone (cool!!!).

As for the chest plate touching the ground.. when a take a closer look at the pictures it looks like the chest plate can be pushed and pulled in and out (i think that is were the little fold up cyclone comes).

So matbe they have not transformed it fully yet at display and forgot to push the plate in.

Then again i could be wrong, what do you guys think?

take another close look at the pictures..

sorry for the many spelling errors and typs..

im a really bad typer and i'm not even english (or american for that matter).

i'll check the message over better next time before pushing the add reply button

Bah, it's not that big a deal. Heck, your posts are easier to read than some of our native-english speakers :)

Looking at those new pictures brings up a question. The only visible hinges I see are in the wings so the flaps can flip around to form the back. But what about the rest? How does the nosecone flip up and backwards without a big ugly hinge visible on the fusulage in Fighter mode?