What If in DYRL...

What do you think might have happened if Minmei was saved by Hikaru and they were strandred and Misa instead ended up on the alien ship? Does anything think this pivotal moment changed the outcome in the term of the final pairing and resolution of the triangle?

What about other pivotal moments in the tv series, what do you think might've changed the triangle among Misa, Hikaru, Minmei? Thoughts?

well, certainly either one of them dying would have done it. There are LOTS in the TV show. Like after Minmei and Hikaru are saved and she keeps insisting they're just friends to Hik's chagrin. Or had Hik actually gotten the seat that was meant for him at the premiere Minmei that might have lead to something. In DYRL had Minmei not turned down Hik's attempt to take her into the hotel?? I think the TV show tries pretty hard to establish that hooking up with Minmei for anything long-term is just impossible so eventually, no matter what, Hik was gonna be with Misa.

well, certainly either one of them dying would have done it. There are LOTS in the TV show. Like after Minmei and Hikaru are saved and she keeps insisting they're just friends to Hik's chagrin. Or had Hik actually gotten the seat that was meant for him at the premiere Minmei that might have lead to something. In DYRL had Minmei not turned down Hik's attempt to take her into the hotel?? I think the TV show tries pretty hard to establish that hooking up with Minmei for anything long-term is just impossible so eventually, no matter what, Hik was gonna be with Misa.

I thought the TV instances you mentioned were interesting because they were just simple chance.

At least at first, Hikaru COULD have had a relationship. But simple misunderstandings and bad timing drove a wedge between them untill the gap was just too wide to cross.

Actually Misa was pretty jealous of minmay's attractiveness and purposely makes Hikaru go on missions when she could have gotten somebody else to do it. Misa could not open up and if it weren't for claudia telling her to let her feelings be known to hikaru she probably would have gone on scheming to seperate the two in her usual way but at the same time making herself distant.

Lisa's jealousy plays as much a part in it as chance imo. You know if it weren't for claudia helping misa to shed her tough exterior and tell her to go with her heart, Hikaru would have been with minmay. She was pretty much sick of kaifun and her career by the end of the series so it would have been one of those fairy tale endings where they lived happily ever after.

Meanwhile misa could find a boyfriend who looks just like Riber who isnt a hippy and everything would have gone on as usual. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well they'd probably still be born or something, Hikaru would be flipping burgers at McD's since he wouldn't have Roy to look up to and follow in his footsteps, etc...

Hikaru and Roy knew each other before the war. Hikaru would've stayed a stunt flyer.

Well they'd probably still be born or something, Hikaru would be flipping burgers at McD's since he wouldn't have Roy to look up to and follow in his footsteps, etc...

Hikaru and Roy knew each other before the war. Hikaru would've stayed a stunt flyer.

Same with Roy, Roy left for the war, they'd have ended up flying stunts together

If the Macross missed the Earth....when humans did become technologically savy enough to reach deep space, they would have had a severe technological disadvantage, and would have had their asses handed to them.

What if the Earthlings are realy giant sized and the zentran are micron size.

What if valks transform from fighter mode to car mode.

what if zentrans where inheritly deaf.

what if macross was realy copied off robotech (ducks Into a Tank)

what if minmay was realy a name for a boy band.

and the list goes on.

If the Macross had missed the Earth WW3 would have kept going until the entire planet was a glass-bottomed,glow-in-the-dark, parking lot. I was always under the impression that the alien threat is what made the world's nations pull thier collective heads out of thier asses and unify. I can't remember if that's Macross or Robotech or both and I havn't seen Zero so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. :unsure:

If the Macross had missed the Earth WW3 would have kept going until the entire planet was a glass-bottomed,glow-in-the-dark, parking lot. I was always under the impression that the alien threat is what made the world's nations pull thier collective heads out of thier asses and unify. I can't remember if that's Macross or Robotech or both and I havn't seen Zero so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. :unsure:

It's robotech :ph34r:

In Macross its the ASS-1 crash that leads to the war.

What do you think might have happened if Minmei was saved by Hikaru and they were strandred and Misa instead ended up on the alien ship? ...

I always thought that would have been better. Minmay was my kind of girl.

It may have dulled the point of the movie though.

WHat if I had a billion dollars and could re-make Macross?

What if Darth Vader challenged Max Jenius to a fighter duel?

What if the Macross' crew's fold landed them in Anglo-Saxon England (c. AD 900) rather than near Pluto?

What if Kawamori were Polynesian?

What if the Zents had the Death Star?

What if Excel and IlPallazzo ran the Macross? (hilarity ensues)

What if Oda Nobunaga suddenly showed up?

What if the Red Sox hadn't won the world series?

What if Flattop killed Dick Tracy?

And so on... :p

What if Darth Vader challenged Max Jenius to a fighter duel?

We'd be short a few Star Wars sequels.

What if the Zents had the Death Star?

Straight to colonization instead of reconstruction.

They were pretty close to death star anyways.

They didn't. It's all a vast conspiracy to convince us that armageddon is coming.

Edited by JB0

What do you think might have happened if Minmei was saved by Hikaru and they were strandred and Misa instead ended up on the alien ship? Does anything think this pivotal moment changed the outcome in the term of the final pairing and resolution of the triangle?

What about other pivotal moments in the tv series, what do you think might've changed the triangle among Misa, Hikaru, Minmei? Thoughts?

HUH????? :huh:

HUH????? :huh:

nah minmay will get rid of hikaru for her manger (guy/girl/ai) leaving hikaru devistated causing him to hide in a trailer park till one of those new macross slums are built. Misa will most likey become one of those ice cold buisness ladies that allocates time for everything including her husban or wife if any and proly get killed in action when she needs to use a culture shock but lacks the culture to properly execute the command.

global becomes a corrupted leader for earth and pirates rule the galaxy.

They didn't. It's all a vast conspiracy to convince us that armageddon is coming.

Now, it all makes sense! All we have to do is prove the Illuminati link, and we're in business! :p

Now, it all makes sense! All we have to do is prove the Illuminati link, and we're in business! :p

It's very simple. You see, the Illuminati *gunshot*

*drops dead*

It's very simple. You see, the Illuminati *gunshot*

*drops dead*

The illuminati are just a cover up for the real conspiracy! www.zetatalk.com!!!

we... I mean they had nothing to do with it :) *whistles innocently*