Transformers Thread 2

Dangard Ace

Anyone wants Alternator Bumblebee :D

This project has been going on literally for years. Finally got the tranformation to work. Now its ready for finishing and painting.

Planning to tint out the windows coz Bumblebee's face and arms are visible from the rear window :tftongue

BEE1.jpg

and another

BEE2.jpg

one of the best customs i have seen in a long while, i look forward ro seeing the finished product.

chris

That IS nice. Frankly, I can't believe that an actual toy like that hasn't been designed and released yet...

I thought is was because of the dickheads down at Volkswagon that refused to give them the licence?

358687[/snapback]

Yeah, it's been reported for two years now that VW turned their noses up at the idea of a Transformer because they thought their cars turning into robots would associate them with war or violence. I guess their still trying to live down the whole WWII thing..

Anyway, it's a damn shame because the designs for Bumblebee & Cliffjumper looked really fantastic. Probably would have been my favorite Bin/Alts so far.

Yup definitely nice!

If I recall correctly last year on the Seibertron boards there were images of the possibly BT/Alt BB it looked quite similar to what you have.

As for the newer molds I honestly prefer the older RID ones, especially for Prime, Magnus, Scourge and the three Autobot bros. For the Alts/BTs asides from Tracks/Battle Ravage, Grimy/Wjack and Shocky I can't say I love the molds... especially for Prime. Eventhough others think it is great, IMO it's still such a pity they are restricted to making molds based strictly on licensed vehicles. :(

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

sweet!!! I'd buy a bumble bee if they ever made one. I'd buy that if it's at an affordable price. Good job though! :blink::D:p:lol:

The whole WV Bumblebee thing is sort of sad when you consider how generally benign a character BB is. Although he occasionally drew a little blaster in the cartoon, the toy didn't come with a gun and his tech specs listed no hidden weaponry (like Cliffjumper's 'glass gas'). The most offensive thing about BB was that he was a spy. Otherwise, his primary function was cuteness/humor and being a punching bag for everyone from Megatron down to little old ladies. Hasbro/Takara would shift his personality a little from being a 'gungho, wants to prove himself' type to a more pacifistic, but still wants to help the cause. Make him a scout instead of a spy if you need to. Given that Takara apparently did line art/design work for a BT, it's a shame that they couldn't compromise with VW, especially since BB is one of the iconic G1 characters....

Anyway, I've seen a couple of Bumble ALT/BT designs and this one's pretty darn nice looking. I agree with the others that you could probably get at least a half dozen to a dozen buyers if you felt like making more than just one (assuming the cost and time involved didn't force you to charge and arm and a leg for him).

I still want to see Bumblebee/Goldbug upgraded to a Lotus Elise. It's a small curvy little car, and the bot mode could still retain a lot of classic Bumblebee elements. (like the feet) They could also sculpt new car parts, and make Cliffjumper an Opel Speedster/Vauxhal VX 220, which would keep the angularity of his original Porsche design.

The new Beetles are just too damn big to be Bumblebee.

Don Murphy, who (for good or ill) is intimately involved in the live action Transformers project, has publicly said that the recent 'leaked' test footage is fake. Now, it could be real for all we know (there's a lot of reasons to deny it), but given the quality of the fan-based (and professional commercial) Transformer-like footage we've seen over the recent years, I'm very willing to accept it as a fan-based video.

I do have to concur with Greyryder. While the Beetle Bumblebee idea holds a place in my heart for its nostalgic charm, I could easily live with seeing an Elise Bumblebee. It allows Bumblebee to become zippy while maintaining his small stature (moreso than the current Beetles would) and he doesn't have to really lose and 'bubbliness' in robot mode as both the front and rear are curved sufficiently enough. Plus you could probably get the Lotus license, which is a definitive plus.

post-102-1136993816_thumb.jpg

I do have to concur with Greyryder. While the Beetle Bumblebee idea holds a place in my heart for its nostalgic charm, I could easily live with seeing an Elise Bumblebee.

elise wouldn't be bad, though the Mini might be better. or how about a peugot? or what about models from an older era?

GM sold lotus in 1993.

It was bought by Romano Artoli (who was owner of the revived Bugatti Company of the early 90's). it was his investment that allowed the Elise to go forward (the car is named Elise in honour of his granddaughter)

Artoli sold most of the company to Proton in 1996. at the time, he retained a 20% stake.

Edited by RFT

I went out east to visit family, when I was struck with curiosity to see if the Walmarts out there still carried Alternators. Glad I checked, because I walked out with Skids, Sunstreaker, and Prowl. I'm very happy with all three, though I found that Hasbro had Skids transformed wrong on the box. They didn't even bother to pull his legs out. Or maybe it was just the crappy angle.

I'm very happy with all three. Sunstreaker for nostalgia reasons (the original Sunstreaker was the first Transformer I ever owned), and Prowl and Skids are just great designs. I could do with a bit more posability in Prowl, but otherwise, I think he's one of the best looking Alternators so far.

Another friend down south told me his Walmart stopped carrying Alternators around the same time I did, but apparently started stocking them again this past week. I'm looking forward to seeing if my local store carries them again. I hope so, I've already missed several that I need to track down.

Wal-Mart toy allocation and distribution is always sketchy. Some Wal-Marts have a certain item falling off of shelves, while others will never see those items.

GM sold lotus in 1993.

It was bought by Romano Artoli (who was owner of the revived Bugatti Company of the early 90's). it was his investment that allowed the Elise to go forward (the car is named Elise in honour of his granddaughter)

Artoli sold most of the company to Proton in 1996. at the time, he retained a 20% stake.

359671[/snapback]

....and proton is a Malaysian based company~! :)

Man I got Prowl,Skids and Sunstreaker Alts today.

Prowl is ok but his legs suck. Sunstreaker is awesome just because.

Skids though...man he is awesome. I am not a fan of the Scion xB but in Bot mode he is easily the best alt. Best legs and arms. poo I hope the newer ones get better like this.

Man I got Prowl,Skids and Sunstreaker Alts today.

Prowl is ok but his legs suck. Sunstreaker is awesome just because.

Skids though...man he is awesome. I am not a fan of the Scion xB but in Bot mode he is easily the best alt. Best legs and arms. poo I hope the newer ones get better like this.

360501[/snapback]

The newer ones aren't looking too good. :unsure:

post-31-1137325561_thumb.jpg

I think Has/Tak/Tomy are kinda stupid with the ALts/Binal toys. Seriously they changed that Ironhide to Prime because they think it will sell more. Most people that collect these I dont think would have cared if it was Ironhide.

Wow. I am so sick of recolors. Especially god aweful recolors, and recolors of the original Suburu mold... seriosuly guyts, it was the first BT mold, not the best. We don't need half a dozen recolors of the now-worst mold in the line. Yes it's solid, but there are man better ones now... if they wanted that design, couldn't they at least use the Honda?

Wow.  I am so sick of recolors.  Especially god aweful recolors, and recolors of the original Suburu mold... seriosuly guyts, it was the first BT mold, not the best.  We don't need half a dozen recolors of the now-worst mold in the line.  Yes it's solid, but there are man better ones now... if they wanted that design, couldn't they at least use the Honda?

360842[/snapback]

Or the RX-8, which would have been most appropriate of all, as the original G1 toy it's a homage to was a repaint of Jazz...