Aoshima Aliens Dropship

Dangard Ace

OMG does this dropship rock!

This dropship rocks OMG!

I am floored.  The pictures do it no justice.  This thing is amazing.

<insert more rampant fanboy self-soiling>

Well, I'm going to try and calm myself enough to take some pictures and post a proper review in a new thread.  Needless to say, this Dropship and APC was worth every penny, despite any flaws.  What a work of art!

317543[/snapback]

All I can add is gagaga bla ga bi (speechless admiration garble...)

Well? Does the cockpit opens or not? I have a Galoob Dropship pilot who's eager to take it for a spin!  <_<  :p

317763[/snapback]

Nope,

Cockpit does not open. I even disassembled the dropship to see if I could insert two 1/72 pilot figures from a crew set I had and it would be risky to split the front cabin/cockpit section in two as the diecast pins would probably bend and become a beotch to reassemble.

M.

I've got a friend who's going to HK in 2 weeks. I am demanding he get one of these for me while he's there!!

With the MPC, does the side door open?

No the only moving parts on the APC are the wheels, front turret (turns) and the top turret which also folds back as well as turns.

Edit: Allthough I don't have my dropships yet the level of cast detail on the APC is awesome. I have mine that I just got today sitting on my desk here at work next to my Micro Machines APC and the difference between the two is so massive they almost look like different vehicles... but ironically they both have the same moving parts.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

haha, cheers to another aliens collector fanatic. My micro machines apc is here on my desk too! (I love the rear 'broken transaxle noise' and squashed alien on the underside) :D I was so nuts I even bought the little 3-pack of aliens MMs for the mini APC so it could go in the dropship loading bay.

Yep I also have the Action Fleet Dropper and APC as well as the complete micro machine set. I even have the Halcyon Dropper, APC and Sulaco kits... albeit they are in trashed condition sitting in their boxes. Several moves will do that to models.

I was totally stoked when I heard these Aoshima toys where coming out. I just got the APC and have the two Droppers on order. Soon my collection will be sort of complete again. B))

Check this out: I won't be sure until my dropship arrives, but it looks like the Alien Queen Microman figure and the included goodies are (or at least pretty damn close) in 1/72 scale. Included with the queen are two alien eggs (one hatched, one still closed), and one Predator figure in a standing pose. Granted, the the Aliens vs. Predator Queen is mega huge compared to the one in Aliens, but hell, it still makes for one nasty surprise for those 1/72 scale marines!

I nabbed my APC today. I have to say, I think this thing is more detailed than the dropship itself. :blink: It's probably because it has more details crammed into a smaller space than the dropship, but still I'm impressed. I'd love it if they made a Sulaco and a Loader.

Edited by GobotFool

I nabbed my APC today. I have to say, I think this thing is more detailed than the dropship itself.  :blink: It's probably because it has more details crammed into a smaller space than the dropship, but still I'm impressed. I'd love it if they made a Sulaco and a Loader.

320224[/snapback]

OH !!! :o

A loader in scale with the UD-4L, OMG OMG !!! that would be awesome man.

• 4 weeks later...

HLJ has a preorder up for the "screen color" version of the dropship and APC..

WTF is that? Is it like the God Phoenix from gatchaman where they released the blue and the aqua 'tv colour' version?

Went shopping with Blackaces, Valk009 & Neova on Monday evening and we found a couple of shops that had stock of the limited edition black version Aoshima Dropship (limited to 500pcs).

Not sure why anybody would want a black version though?

Graham

326491[/snapback]

because that would look awesome!!!.... sigh...

now I would want to see pics...

Went shopping with Blackaces, Valk009 & Neova on Monday evening and we found a couple of shops that had stock of the limited edition black version Aoshima Dropship (limited to 500pcs).

Not sure why anybody would want a black version though?

Graham

326491[/snapback]

Hey G, have you seen any APC's around HK? I have some work people going on friday for 4 days to shoot the opening of Disneyland. but I've heard a few people say they're selling out everywhere.

Hey G, have you seen any APC's around HK? I have some work people going on friday for 4 days to shoot the opening of Disneyland. but I've heard a few people say they're selling out everywhere.

326495[/snapback]

Nope, no APCs anymore. The Dropships are still quite easy to find, but when we went shopping on Monday we didn't see a single APC and we looked in all the shops in Mong Kok.

Graham

326495[/snapback]

Nope, no APCs anymore. The Dropships are still quite easy to find, but when we went shopping on Monday we didn't see a single APC and we looked in all the shops in Mong Kok.

Graham

326674[/snapback]

bugger. I'll have to wait for the "screen" version, whatever that is, or just go buy the Aoshima kit.. better than nothing I guess.

326495[/snapback]

Graham

326674[/snapback]

bugger. I'll have to wait for the "screen" version, whatever that is, or just go buy the Aoshima kit.. better than nothing I guess.

326712[/snapback]

which one are you looking for? I think I can still get one.

326495[/snapback]

Graham

326674[/snapback]

326712[/snapback]

which one are you looking for? I think I can still get one.

326739[/snapback]

ooh! just the normal APC that comes with the Colonial Marines.. I bought the dropship off one of the MW guys here just the other day.

After having a Google, I found some (I presume) pics of the Screen Color version. It sorta looks like a much duller khaki that the normal ver.

Screen Color version:

page-2996.jpg

and normal to compare:

page-1925.jpg

Screen Color dropship:

page-2997.jpg

oh! And I also found 1/72 decal sets for $7.

http://www.jbot.ca/sciencefiction/aliens2.shtml

• 3 months later...

If I had the cash I would buy every version of this baby... I love it almost as much as the VF-1. Not to mention I'm nuts about the APC, Power loader and the Sulaco. If they merchandised this movie as much as they did Macross, I'd be in so much trouble. I'm just glad they don't merchandise either properties as much as Gundam.

I would buy every version of this baby...

358665[/snapback]

You know what, I was thinking about that while taking a shower last night.

But then I'd probably put the money towards the Hot Toys marines instead. $140 USD some with the shipping for EACH isn't exactly cheap, but then again most of the 1/6 figures (well the good ones) are about that range anyways.

This is getting just about as expensive, (would be more if you want to add the price of the APC) as the Gundam Fix 0013, I got it in NYC for about $140 USD.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have the 01 Dropship on the way from HLJ. Can those of you that have had thier Dropships for a while now tell me if the side "wings" (the smaller ones) have they started to droop? It looks like it just moves on a single rod. How tight is it?

Chris

I finally have the 01 Dropship on the way from HLJ. Can those of you that have had thier Dropships for a while now tell me if the side "wings" (the smaller ones) have they started to droop? It looks like it just moves on a single rod. How tight is it?

Chris

363026[/snapback]

Both the large weapons booms and the small side "wings" on my Dropship were insanely tight upon removal from the packaging. They loosen with use, but they are still tight enough to maintain position after months of handling. Beyond that, I can't say, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the result.