Aoshima Aliens Dropship

Dangard Ace

I bleive that when the dropship was announced it was said to be 1/72.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

edit, found some evidence,

"Posted by: MattAlt (---.ap-US.usen.ad.jp)

Date: June 15, 2004 07:36PM

Sorry to blank on this -- the guy at the booth confirmed that the 1:72 APC does indeed fit inside the Dropship."

Edited by Fort Max

Hope it includes at least a pilot figure

I second that. Of course, I'd be happier if it came fully manned with space marines and a hitchiking alien so I can re-enact my favorite scenes.

think it will come with rip in half androids and alien queens with kung foo grip and for a bonus a film canister full of white slime for the android?

Sounds like the Dropship is 1/72 scale. Remember, Aoshima has all the old Halcyon molds, so it's not unreasonable to believe they're using the old kit as a basis. The missile pods really convince me of that, since they're molded in one piece just like the Halcyon kit was. I hope that gets changed before production. For what we'll be paying for this monster, they could at least give us individual missiles.

I'd have to agree. Maybe the 1/48 FAST Pack sets have spoiled me, but I'd like to have individual missile racks. Hell, I'd settle for one removable block of missiles that has individually carved missiles, even if they are all one unit.

I'd have to agree. Maybe the 1/48 FAST Pack sets have spoiled me, but I'd like to have individual missile racks. Hell, I'd settle for one removable block of missiles that has individually carved missiles, even if they are all one unit.

Once upon a time, there was an aftermarket set of missiles for the Halcyon kit. I'm not sure if its still in production, but if we could locate one we could always recast it for ourselves. Assuming Aoshima doesn't change the missiles that is.

WHERE'S APONE?!?!?! WHERE'S APONE!!?!?!?!

Heh, I was just watching Aliens last night. Damn good film! :D

But about the dropship, that's gonna be one fargin' sweet toy!!! I can't believe how huge that thing is!!!

Wouldn't it be cool if the APC were remote controlled? ;)

• 2 months later...
Ok, it's been a while since I've watched, ALiens, what's the problem?

The rocket/missile pods are molded as a single block, instead of having individual missiles. On the old Halcyon kit, they were constructed from 3 or 4 parts with "missiles" molded on the outside. It looks like Aoshima has retained that shortcut.

It's not the same shortcut...it's the same mold.

The more I look at it, the more it looks exactly like my old Halcyon/Aoshima dropship kits.

Seems to me like they are using the same sculpt. I was hoping for some extra detailing, and accurizing (not like the Halcyon ever seemed that "off" to me), but I guess it is just the same mold...but in metal and with no assembly required.

Damn.

Hmmm...maybe its not painted yet...but it looks all plasticky and toy like.

09066.jpg

Drop ship 01 new century alloy Scale: 1/72 13440 Yen (12800 Yen in substance price) the last third of June of 2005 sale schedule JAN cord/code: The drop ship which appears in aliens being the die-cast finished product, it is appearance. The antitank rocket arm and the receipt warehouse door do mobility. APC of selling separately built-in possibility. Total length 330mm.

09069.jpg

APC & war rear new century alloy limited Scale: 1/72 3990 Yen (3800 Yen in substance price) the last third of June of 2005 sale schedule JAN. The APC which appears in aliens is appearance with the die-cast finished product. The sliding turret according to setting in the play mobility does. In drop ship of selling separately receipt possibility. Total length 120mm.

09067.jpg

Drop ship 02 attaching new century alloy limited Scale: 1/72 13440 Yen (12800 Yen in substance price) the last third of June of 2005 sale schedule JAN cord/code: The drop ship which appears in aliens being the die-cast finished product, it is appearance. The antitank rocket arm and the receipt warehouse door do mobility. APC of selling separately built-in possibility. Total length 330mm.

Ahh, yes. I am DEFINITELY buying this. It has moved to the top of my want list. Although if they don't change the missile bay/plastic chunk I may reconsider. c'mon! For 112 bucks we should get individually molded missiles. for that price they should be spring loaded and fire-able!

BTW, can anyone tell me what scale the Galoob Action Fleet APC is? I have that and the dropship. It was like the holy grail of ebay. Took me about a year to get them for a reasonable price.

And I am such a sad fan that I even bought the micro machines Aliens set that came with a mini APC so I could fit it in my Action Fleet dropship.

Edited by Guppy

I agree, that mould is definitely a slightly updated Halcyon mould. I have had two of them and the similarities are defineitely there. looks like they have updated the big weapon pods to open and close, and if you look closely there is now an interior for the APC/cargo bay. By the looks of it there is plenty of ribbing detail in there. I have been after a 72nd scale Dropship forever, but thanks to tragic events I have lost two before I could complete them. Looks like I will be getting one + APC and doing a little customising.

Berttt

• 1 month later...

The missiles at least have to be a removable block. The old pictures that featured just the tips of each missile looked terrible. I agree that as a fan, there obviously isn't any choice. It's either buy this new Dropship or go without. But really, at this price I expect more. And quite frankly, I've gone without for a long time. It's much easier to continue going without that to buy a half-assed product. You hear that Aoshima? You gotta work for my bucks :)

As long as my self control is still working anyway :)

• 1 month later...