Aoshima Aliens Dropship

Dangard Ace

Dude! My order just shipped today with EMS from Hobby Link.

The shipping was much cheaper than expected, even with EMS service (6800 yen as opposed to 13300 if you added all the individual items up).

This is what will be at my doorstep in about 5-15 days...

HSG18 1/72 VF-0D Macross Zero 1 ¥2,800 ¥2,800

HSG9 1/72 YF-19 Fighter 1 ¥2,400 ¥2,400

HSG6 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie Weapon Set 1 ¥1,000 ¥1,000

AOS09066 1/72 Alien Dropship 01 1 ¥12,800 ¥12,800

HSG11 1/72 YF-21 Fighter 1 ¥2,400 ¥2,400

HSG17 1/72 VF-1 Super/Strike Valkyrie

I ordered the tachikoma but that is for Jan restock, as well as the Alien APC, but those should be shipping off soon.

$68 CDN is actually pretty good considering I have a massive order coming in through EMS. I've paid like $10 CDN just for shipping of a small thing from a province across.

Seeing as dobber also got his shipped from HLJ, it's a pretty hot item. I hope they've got more in store, before too long...

Edited by Spatula

Well, I finally found the stupid link for the screen color versions of these things on HLJ, just incase anyone else is having a hell of a time finding these:

APC: http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS09092

DROPSHIP: http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS09091

Personally I don't like them that much. They look too "blueish", not a very militaristic color in my opinion.

Those colors aren't accurate at all...

363901[/snapback]

Sorta yeah, sorta no. The screen vehicles appear much darker than the physical props were, that's for certain. It has to do with the film stock used to shoot Aliens. That, and the fact that they ran out of time to fine tune the color corrections in post production. AS a result, you have this discrepency between props and how they appeared in the movie. Its the same thing with the Pulse Rifles. Show a casual fan an M41A in true "brown bess" and they'll say its the wrong color.

Until you hold such a magnificent artifact made only of the utmost precious materials and unpararelled craftsmenship, you have held nothing worthy to hold the name bequeathed as,"The Dropship".

365409[/snapback]

I'm pretty much spaced-out with that sentence :blink: Edited by Sdf-1

WELL..

I'm seriously thinking of manually painting the missle pods in the front to olive green. I do have aqueous-gunze olive drab which I could use a brush. Do you guys think this will work? I really think the peachy-yellow sticks out way too much.

AOSHIMA 1/72 DIE CAST DROPSHIP - ALIENS

post-3312-1138853228_thumb.jpgpost-3312-1138853220_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138853235_thumb.jpgpost-3312-1138853247_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138853254_thumb.jpgpost-3312-1138853263_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138853269_thumb.jpgpost-3312-1138853276_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138853285_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1138853301_thumb.jpgpost-3312-1138853294_thumb.jpg

And now some pictures of the box:

FRONT

post-3312-1138853310_thumb.jpg

BACK

post-3312-1138853315_thumb.jpg

LEFT SIDE

post-3312-1138853326_thumb.jpg

RIGHT SIDE

post-3312-1138853335_thumb.jpg

BOTTOM AND TOP

post-3312-1138853343_thumb.jpg

Notice something missing in these pictures?

post-3312-1138853350_thumb.jpg post-3312-1138853363_thumb.jpg

Prep for paint job.

post-3312-1138853369_thumb.jpg post-3312-1138853376_thumb.jpg post-3312-1138853383_thumb.jpg

And no, my APC hasn't arrived yet; it just shipped off today from Hobby Link Japan. Your patience is appreciated.

EDIT: FOR ALL YOU POOR PEEPS OUT THERE, MAKE YOUR OWN DROPSHIP. LOL :p

Edited by Spatula

I got my Dropship yesterday!!!! I LOVE this thing!!!!!! Truely a thing of beauty!!!! I have an APC on order now as well, but I gotta say the APC must be pretty damn small....and for $30 too kind of a rip-off, but the Dropship is well worth the money!!!!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Just got mine today...and it is pretty nice.

For this money they really should have added some detail to the old halcyon mold.

The internal bay is a big improvement, as are the movable pods.

But surely more detail could have been provided in a toy this expensive.

The cockpit is pretty sparse (and inaccesable), the forward ventral thrust appature (if that's what it is) remains an undetailed blob, and the missles themselves aren't too impressive.

For the APC to come seperately, this dropship really should be a more impressive piece.

I still like mine, but if it hadn't been a gift, I wouldn't dream of spending this much on one.

Bear in mind that the dropship is my all time favorite movie machine. I love it, I really really do. But even with that being the case, this should have been more than a hinged, metal version of a 15+ year old model.

For the price, I think this is what should have come WITH the Dropship:

1) One APC.

2) a set of 6 marine figures.

3) One powerloader.

4) A few metal crates (3) to give it some "environment".

5) One queen alien.

6) One alien warrior.

These other things mentioned could easily, and I mean easily be included with the dropship for that kind of price, honestly.

Things that could have been improved on the dropship:

1) Opening cockpit (as mentioned above)

2) Missiles that can be detached. God this was a pain trying to paint with the olive green. The peachy colored missiles stick out WAY too much.

3) Perhaps make the rear a bit more interesting? Much of the attraction is at the front, where the eyes are drawn to, then the swing missle pods, then the rear foldable missile launchers.

I love my two droppers and apc. The only things I would change are:

- make the cockpit seating "correct" rather than just two squares with a froopy incorrect pilot.

- add more decal detail. The Halcyon kits had tons of waterslide decals to spruce them up.

- add a few of the big, important movie plot point details that both these and the Halcyon kits they where copied from left out such as the rear egress stairs and opening APC doors.

Got my APC a few days ago also. I like it but for $30 plus shipping!!! that was a bit of a rip off. Shouldof come with the Dropship at no extra cost.

How would Ferro get to her seat. It doesn't look like there is room to get "in front" of Spunkmier so she could sit. If he has any kind of control panel.

Chris

If it is based on the Halcyon kit, it is heavily modified. It is certainly possible given some people's skill, but my money would be on scratch built.

On a different note, a question for fellow dropship fans.

I know I have this in one of my references somewhere, but can't find it for the life of me. What does the P.S.M. stand for in ship 02's logo? The logo says "SMART ASS: we aim by P.S.M." I remember that the P is pure, and the M is magic...but I can't seem to remember the whole thing.

Also, what logo did the special black 03 get? One of the ones from the technical manual?