Mmmylene

Aurel Tristen

Some people don't like to give credit. Some will even go so far as to claim them as their own work.

Yeah, but it's not Nanashi's work either, really.

He scanned it, but he didn't draw it. I'm fine with putting on a small watermark image, but trying to very very hard to prevent people from downloading them and sharing them for something he himself did not create is just a little ridiculous.

I feel sorry for nash. everytime people talk about him this comes up. Then theres Egan from the compendium to slap him around from time to time with the corrections.

Its true he scans them but rarely if any gives credit to the original artist that drew it.

1. I am not perfect, I have made mistakes.

2. I apologize. (Especially, to you Egan Loo.)

3. I realize that go against the grain sometimes.

4. I want to be recognized for my efforts as fan.

5. I do not wish profit moniterily from my website.

6. I do not wish claim anything as my own which is not that.

7. I have been greedy.

8. I ask that my scans only be viewed personally and not redistributed on another website etc.

9. If they are used please don't alter them and give credit.

10. If they are altered and/or not credited, there is nothing I can do.

11. I will no longer use script code to prevent people from taking images.

12. All images from now on will be tagged scanned by and credit will be give to the original artist whenever possible.

I don't wish to talk about this kind of stuff anymore, so please don't give me poo about it.

7. I have been greedy.

8. I ask that my scans only be viewed personally and not redistributed on another website etc.

12. All images from now on will be tagged scanned by and credit will be give to the original artist whenever possible.

I don't wish to talk about this kind of stuff anymore, so please don't give me poo about it.

Hey, WJ, we (or at least I) hope you're not really discouraged by the reaction you're getting. I know you work REALLY hard and put a lot of time into creating the NMMA and Nanashi's, and providing your fellow fans with access to rare pics and info. It definately sucks to have lamers and leechers jack your work and claim it as their own.

There are a lot of us, mostly regulars here, who are NOT making websites or redistrubuiting your scans, though. I know I like keeping detailed mechanical info for both Gundam and Macross handy, and it's not always convenient to get online to check your site, here, the Macross Compendium, MAHQ.net, etc. And, as was previously mentioned, your methods for protecting your scans were an inconvenience to some of us who just wanted to keep their own copy around for their own private use, not to redistribute, while the redistributers could still jack then if they really wanted to anyway.

Anyway, again, I really hope you're not taking this as discouragement. I think the changes you're making will be for the better, and I know I really appreciate the info and pics you've shared with us over the last few years here at MW, and I really hope you'll continue and get your site up and running 100%.

Just my two cents.

Just curious Nanashi, why do you use the table background tag to display the images instead of a regular image tag?

That way no one can actually save the pictures he posts online (at least easily).

well considering the actual url of the image, it is very easy

no kidding couple clicks and i copied the url to my download manager.

the personal library grows muahahahaha :ph34r:

I usually just hit "save page as" then select "web page, complete" to defeat such protections. Then I just yank the pic out of the new directory at my leisure.

With firefox you can simple display the page info and save any media file in the page, I think that is possible with mozilla and other Non-IE browser too.

What can I say? I'm lazy. If I can't right-click, I brute-force the sucker.

:o Very nice pic, Nanashi! :wub:

:blink: And very nice head swap, Bariaburu Faita! ;)

And I agree with mikeszekely. Well for me, I really do appreciate all the hard work you do. And there is no real reason to make the changes you listed, I personally don't have a problem with your web pages you post. :D

And for some of you out there who can't do the already listed ways to save any pics on any web page that won't let you. Here's what I, and anybody, can do.

-Have the picture square in the window, unless it's too big or after removing the Status Bar & Toolbars, just hit the Print Screen button.

-Then open any Paint or Photo program and either New from Clipboard or Paste onto a black New File.

-Next use Cut and Crop the pic, Save As, and done. B))

Edited by Wheels

• 2 weeks later...

I think my method is the simplest: with IE I go to "internet options" then "protection" tab then I paste Nanashi's site URL in "websites with restrictions" (I don't know the exact English names). Now (after refresh) the mouse can right-click again because the applet doesn't work anymore. Optionally you can play with settings for the whole internet. Enjoy.

FV

P.S.: I too can't go online every time, anyway I just keep them in my harddisk "for private purpose". I think Nanashi does a wonderful work.

Edited by Final Vegeta

Meh, Nanashi does good work, imo.. he tracks down obscure pics, makes scans and let's the rest of us with neither the time nor the resources to do the work enjoy them.

So keep posting Nanashi, I for one happily enjoy the fruits of your labour.

7. I have been greedy.

I have to second mikeszekely's comments. I don't think anyone here is accusing you of being greedy, you've done a great service to the comunity, one that I can't thank you enough for, and you want to make sure that that service is recognized and protected. It's just that sometimes your efforts to protect your work hamper our ability to enjoy it. I'm quite happy to hear that you're taking down the script code preventing copying, and I for one pledge (and I'm sure many others will to) to make sure that if I see someone using your stuff without properly crediting you I'll raise as much of a stink about it as I can to try and shame that person into stopping. I just hope this whole thing doesn't sour you on the work you're doing. It'd be a shame if you stopped.

P.S. Can we still use the lineart you've found as a basis for color schemes, properly credited of course.

I think my method is the simplest: with IE I go to "internet options" then "protection" tab then I paste Nanashi's site URL in "websites with restrictions" (I don't know the exact English names). Now (after refresh) the mouse can right-click again because the applet doesn't work anymore. Optionally you can play with settings for the whole internet. Enjoy.

FV

P.S.: I too can't go online every time, anyway I just keep them in my harddisk "for private purpose". I think Nanashi does a wonderful work.

A. requires me to switch browser.

B. Takes too long.

That little brat was 14 in the show. I generally don't think of 14 year old girls as "hot."

Neither do I.

But unfortunately, severely underage girls are a continuous theme in Anime. So, either the anime market is aimed at people younger than we thought, or the creators are a bunch of pedophiles.

She was 15 by the end of the show.

:lol:

That little brat was 14 in the show.  I generally don't think of 14 year old girls as "hot."

Neither do I.

But unfortunately, severely underage girls are a continuous theme in Anime. So, either the anime market is aimed at people younger than we thought, or the creators are a bunch of pedophiles.

Over-developed under-age, no less.

Hey! What's with the South bashing :o

I'll admit, I threw Tennessee in there just because, so my bashing of TN was unfounded. So, if you're from Tennessee, I'll retract my statement.

However, I have relatives in West Virginia, and where they live it's about as hillbilly as it comes. All there is to do there, is watch the train go by, and slowly drink yourself to death.

And at work, I have the misfortune to talk to Insurance Agents, mostly from Kentucky, all day long.

Of those two states, I have to say Kentucky is the absolute worst. The people I talk to have got to rank #1 amongst the dumbest people in the populated world.

• 4 months later...
Now.... for the rarest of the rare, by the original artist:

Mylene Topless

-nanashino

This pic's a fake: we clearly see in the show that she doesn't have boobs as big as these... :p:rolleyes:

:blink:

Yeah...I dunno, it was the only thing I had on hand that was close to Agent ONE's .gif :lol:

For a minute there, I wondered if that little fluffy critter in your cartoon was Gubaba taking his revenge on all the overaged fanboys slobbering over Mylene.. :p