YF-19

EXO

Heh, yeah it's probably true that if you stuck a 'V' antenna on every Macross Variable Fighter, painted them red, white and blue and called them 'Gundam' they would sell much better as toys or models.

Sorry for the extemely crude photochop job, but here's my rendition of the only way Bandai would probably consider releasing a YF-19 toy or model. Gentleman, may I present to you............ the RX-19 Gundam :p .

Graham

Heh, yeah it's probably true that if you stuck a 'V' antenna on every Macross Variable Fighter, painted them red, white and blue and called them 'Gundam' they would sell much better as toys or models.

Sorry for the extemely crude photochop job, but here's my rendition of the only way Bandai would probably consider releasing a YF-19 toy or model. Gentleman, may I present to you............ the RX-19 Gundam :p .

Graham

that scares me. :ph34r:

Going back to the Blue VF-19a vs. the Beige YF-19 debate, I just got both today. I've noticed that the beige one kinda has a shiny reflective finish, which isn't exactly pleasing to the eye - nor touch. That said, the color scheme is more striking and unique compared to the game version. I'm going have to say, for display the YF-19 kicks ass, but for play, the VF-19a fits the bill better.

Which is probably prudent, considering how much more the former costs than the latter.

Wonder where I could get that kind of matte-like finishing for the VF-19a? My matte spray cans always turn out crappy goop.

This new Zagult cannot be beaten by the RX-19 Alpha-Gundam, The Zeon's technicians who built it in one week says it is 5,09993 times more powerful than a Zaku, with this the White Super Dimensional Fortress will be destroyed ahahahahhahaha!!!!

post-4-1109496346.jpg

Edited by Ido

Oh well, I just lost the auction for a second Liquid Stone YF-19 that was up for auction on Yahoo Japan. This time the winning bidder paid 111,000yen for the privilage of owning it :D .

For those of you that have been following this saga, the first one on auction a week ago sold for 94,000yen.

Figured this time if I bid 100,000yen I could get it, but I was still outbid. I really could not justify going any higher.

Yamato....Hello! When you have people willing to spend over US$1,000 on a nicely sculpted transforming YF-19, I think that says something about the market.

Graham

thats alot of money... that i can think of better things to buy with, i would love to have one and all, but not for that price.

chris

yes, but if they made 10,000 for $100 bucks, I'd bet we'd all be buying it and cursing that they only made 10,000.

wish i had the $$$ to spend like that, had a scare last night, wife called and left me a voice mail saying, hey, she won the lotto with her lottery pool at work, first thing i thought of was Macross goodies to buy.

i was about ready to park the cruiser in the middle of the freeway, tell the people to do their own accident report and walk my a$$ home, but i called her to verify and they only won $150. don't ever do that to me again!!!!! (the lotto was up to $112million)

argh!!!!

Yamato....Hello! When you have people willing to spend over US$1,000 on a nicely sculpted transforming YF-19, I think that says something about the market.

Graham

Double edge sword there Graham :)

the Liquid Stone is 10 in the world,

if it was 10, 000 pcs in the world,

it definitely cannot fetch US$1000.

and it is only a few handful of people who are willing to break the bank for it.

not the masses still.

I defintely know where you are getting at, but the saga of the Liquid Stone really does not give a realistic and accurate reflection of the market , my friend

:)

Noel

Worse yet.

Imagine Grahams words came true and Yamato DID a YF-19FP , but now they wouldn´t just price it normallly as they would but now since they´ve seen people are stupid enough to pay $1000 for a 90g piece of plastic ( ok its a yf-19 and transforms but C´mon!) they would prob. price it higher than a 1/48 :(

Graham

if it was 10, 000 pcs in the world,

it definitely cannot fetch US$1000.

and it is only a few handful of people who are willing to break the bank for it.

not the masses still.

I defintely know where you are getting at, but the saga of the Liquid Stone really does not give a realistic and accurate reflection of the market , my friend

:)

Noel

Worse yet.

Imagine Grahams words came true and Yamato DID a YF-19FP , but now they wouldn´t just price it normallly as they would but now since they´ve seen people are stupid enough to pay $1000 for a 90g piece of plastic ( ok its a yf-19 and transforms but C´mon!) they would prob. price it higher than a 1/48 :(

Naw that would be stupid on their part. Something that small,? Naw, bad marketing position to price something that small, mass produce it @150$+. UNLESS it was itself a 1/48 scale. Yamato already saturated the market and killed off bandai's valk competition, I don't know why they would risk losing more profit by overcharging on a small YF19. I feel that they would price accordingly and it would be similar in price to the original YF190 toy, 6800 yen.

And, you can't call the bidders who won idiots, hell graham got outbid twice and he just really wants a YF19 real bad. And graham is not an idiot.

I have a quick question, that I hope won't offend :lol:

If you had, I dunno, a SHE VF-19, and you recasted all the parts (like if you wanted an army of them) and put it together blah blah blah, would that be illegal? I know copying one and SELLing one is illegal, but just recasting for personal enjoyment, is THAT illegal?

Yet worth it.... :blink:

Haha, depends on who you ask. I wouldnt mind... but I cant imagine building all those variable kits to be a walk in the park. :ph34r:

I dont see too many variable kits being built... let alone an entire ARMY of them. :wacko:

Hopefully I'll get the chance to work on my SHE VF-19 soon... :D

Edited by AlphaHX

if it was 10, 000 pcs in the world, it definitely cannot fetch US$1000.

and it is only a few handful of people who are willing to break the bank for it. not the masses still.

Noel

I'm not saying that Yamato should make a mass-produced YF-19 toy and attempt to sell it for US$1,000 a pop. That would of course be very stupid.

But I do think that these insane auctions for the LS YF-19 plus the strong demand for them at Wonder Fest (120 people entering a lottery for 10pcs) do indicate that there is definitely a demand for a nicely sculpted transforming YF-19 toy.

Let's say that Yamato made a high quality, larger scale YF-19 toy, then they could probably sell a production run of 15,000 to 20,000pcs at a retail of between US$100 to US$150 quite easily IMO. I do think the demand is there and the time is right for the return of the YF-19.

Graham

Sorry for the extemely crude photochop job, but here's my rendition of the only way Bandai would probably consider releasing a YF-19 toy or model. Gentleman, may I present to you............ the RX-19 Gundam  :p .

Graham

hmm i do have spare gundam parts as well as a fire valk