YF-19

EXO

Well, I would definately be all for the limited edition YF-19 toy...I would hope that it would not be over 135-45 USD, unless of course it was 1/60 or even 1/48 scale, then I think it would be justified at a more expensive cost. I just hope they make it as smooth and nice to look at as the 1/48 VF-1

Twich

Well, I would definately be all for the limited edition YF-19 toy...I would hope that it would not be over 135-45 USD, unless of course it was 1/60 or even 1/48 scale, then I think it would be justified at a more expensive cost. I just hope they make it as smooth and nice to look at as the 1/48 VF-1

Twich

That's what I've been saying, make it so it looks as nice as a 1/48 VF-1 and scale it up to say 1/60 scale (about as big as a 1/48 VF-1) or perhaps 1/55 scale :D and the fans will come running, money in hand to buy it.

Graham

Well, I would definately be all for the limited edition YF-19 toy...I would hope that it would not be over 135-45 USD, unless of course it was 1/60 or even 1/48 scale, then I think it would be justified at a more expensive cost.  I just hope they make it as smooth and nice to look at as the 1/48 VF-1

Twich

That's what I've been saying, make it so it looks as nice as a 1/48 VF-1 and scale it up to say 1/60 scale (about as big as a 1/48 VF-1) or perhaps 1/55 scale :D and the fans will come running, money in hand to buy it.

Graham

*comes running with money in hand*

Did someone say "1/48 VF-1 quality" YF-19? :ph34r:

Hahaha... :lol:

Edited by AlphaHX

I think Macross itself is not to blame per se with regards to the poor sales of Yamato's recent Macross offerings, but rather it is Yamato's poor business decisions as to which items to produce that have caused the problem.

Also it has not helped that recent releases have either been overpriced (Q-Rau), seriously flawed (1/60 GBP), or too obscure (VB-6) to have good sales. Yamato have also hurt themselves by not releasing Macross Zero merchandise in a timely manner, despite having more than 2 years to do so!

As much as it saddens my to say this, not all Macross mecha will sell well, even if of superb quality, no matter what we fans say. Enemy mecha, Destoids or obscure Valks will never sell as well as the more well known hero mecha like the VF-1 & YF-19. While a small group of hardcore fans may scream for their favorite Destroid, for example Tomahawk, you just know that it would never sell as well as a nice YF-19.

I just think that at this stage with the declining popularity of Macross in Japan, if I was the CEO of a toy company, the only Macross items I would be willing to gamble on making a profit if I manufactured them would be the YF-19, VF-0S/D & perhaps SV-51. Not the VF-1 as the market has been saturated this past several years. I still say good quality, nice looking and well designed versions of these mecha would sell fairly well.

Graham

As do I Graham, let us just hope that Yamato hears this and acts on it.....I am willing to pay good money for these things, and I know that the YF-19 would sell well, the VF-0's wouls sell well and I know that the SV-51 would sell well.

Twich

As do I Graham, let us just hope that Yamato hears this and acts on it.....I am willing to pay good money for these things, and I know that the YF-19 would sell well, the VF-0's wouls sell well and I know that the SV-51 would sell well.

Twich

Been looking at Yahoo Japan Auctions and it seeems like Yamato YF-19 and VF-19A toys are selling for between 15,000yen to 20,000yen.

If people are paying these prices for what is now commonly thought of as a 'sub-par' toy, this is another indication IMO that the time is right for a good quality, well designed, larger scale YF-19 toy.

Graham

given the high demand for one just in this forum alone, you would think releasing a redesigned YF-19 FP would be a no brainer. ;)

I guess Yamato doesn't come by MW anymore. :rolleyes:

Seriously Yamato, I'll buy two if you release it. I promise. :)

...and I'm sure a lot of the members here will buy squadrons of them, so hold off some of those crappy SIF figs for now, and get to it!

Gosh... this is so futile, it's funny... :lol: