YF-19

EXO

is this going to be an item that the regular public can buy? Or is it going to be a wonderfest exclusive?

I think that thing looks quite nice, and would really like to get one. If anyone going to the Wonderfest could score a supply, that would be awesome!

Please let me know.

twich

Its a wonderfest exclusive and production will be very limited. And it isn't by Yamato. :p

I prefer Yamato to release the YF-19 in the same scale as the YF-21. 1/72? It be pretty weird to have a 1/100 YF-19 next to 1/72 Guld.

Its a wonderfest exclusive and production will be very limited. And it isn't by Yamato. :p

I prefer Yamato to release the YF-19 in the same scale as the YF-21. 1/72? It be pretty weird to have a 1/100 YF-19 next to 1/72 Guld.

I'm even having doubts whether or not Yammie gonna release the YF-19FP at all. Despite of that, I'm still hopin'. :(

I'm incredibly hyped about this and will be looking to get at least two or perhaps more depending on the price. By hook or by crook they will be mine!

As I mentioned in the other thread, it looks like the gunpod may not attach in fighter mode. Heck as I grew up with 1/55s with no fighter-mode gunpod attachment I can live with that :D .

Another thing to consider, is that if this is resin, it may be quite fragile and may not lock together very well. It may also suffer from floppy joint syndrome and require constant tightening of joints with a screwdriver, just like the old SHE kits. But heck, I don't care.....It's a variable YF-19 that actually looks pretty good in fighter mode, so I can forgive it :lol: .

Graham

Looks nice, too bad it's in itty bitty 1/100 scale.

YF-19 is a big plane. 1/100 scale is not that small.

Graham

it's somewhere in between a 1/144 and a 1/100 scale RX-78 (just a few cm away from being the same size as a RX-78 in 1/100 scale) so it's a pretty good size...i don't see any of the gundam fans bitching and whinning about a $200+ 1/100 scale kit, even if it is a resin kit :rolleyes:

hope yamato did this in 1/72 or 1/48. the design is already done and the only thing to do is to convert it to a larger scale with more details like panel lines. i personally think that there`s simply just no excuse for not releasing this beauty under yamato. also i think in case they ever release it they shoul do a white only version including water slide decals so anyone can customize it like the one in blue and white one.

by the way anyone knows how mch it could cost at the WF, so i can start saving or sell a kidney or wathever to get one if i`m lucky.

Looks nice, too bad it's in itty bitty 1/100 scale.

YF-19 is a big plane. 1/100 scale is not that small.

Graham

.i don't see any of the gundam fans bitching and whinning about a $200+ 1/100 scale kit, even if it is a resin kit :rolleyes:

Now ya do! :lol: I assume you refer to the overpriced, and way overhyped G-Sys kits.

I am one of the very few (it seems) who lack the shelf space or the unlimited amount of dispensable funds to buy everything ever released in every scale.

I'd rather buy one spectacular toy...1/48 YF-19 or YF-21 and pay once, than be nickel and dimed ad nauseum. But that's me :rolleyes: .

Looks like the hands are removable and cannot retract or fold into the forearms. No biggie, I can live with that for 1/100 scale.

I wonder if the final item will be fully painted or not, or sold as shown in the photos molded in 3 colors (cream, black and clear)?

Graham

I am one of the very few (it seems) who lack the shelf space or the unlimited amount of dispensable funds to buy everything ever released in every scale.

I'd rather buy one spectacular toy...1/48 YF-19 or YF-21 and pay once, than be nickel and dimed ad nauseum. But that's me :rolleyes: .

Yeah, but this is no longer the good old days, where we could expect an 'ultimate version' of every Valk from Yamato.

In these lean times we gotta take what we can get my friend. I expect this Liquid Stone YF-19 will be the only variable YF-19 we see in a long, long while.

Graham

Fighter mode and gerwalk rock! But, as usual, the battroid mode sucks. The arms hang too far away from the body, the torso needs work, and look at how plain and unsightly the "backpack" is. With the exception of the "backpack", I guess this further demonstrates that it's near impossible to make the YF-19 look good in all three modes without swapping parts.

Fighter mode and gerwalk rock! But, as usual, the battroid mode sucks. The arms hang too far away from the body, the torso needs work, and look at how plain and unsightly the "backpack" is. With the exception of the "backpack", I guess this further demonstrates that it's near impossible to make the YF-19 look good in all three modes without swapping parts.

Two out of three aint bad!

Although . . . . theres still potential for better.

Studying the design a little bit, I'd say on a larger scale you could include sliders within the shoulder pieces to bring them closer to the body, as well as within the lower arms to straighten out that awkward elbow hinge. Similarly, looking at the transformation and the extra hinge involved to collapse the torso on a 1/100 scale, I can't help but think that sliders within that hinge to bring the body sections into closer contact would give the torso that somewhat beefier look of the anime. Of course the only problem with the backpack is the molding.

This little number just makes me believe that while it is impossible to replicate "anime magic" on a larger scale (say around 1/60) it would be possible to make this sucker look damn good in every mode. After all, at this little scale Liquid Stone managed to fix a problem that plagued every other previous mold - getting the "crotch" plate to fold flush and still have space for landing gear. Of course all these folding hinges could be delicate - I tend to imagine something along the lines of a die-cast skeleton with all the moving joints and hinges lofted with an abs plastic superstructure that hides all the metal. Any of you CAD modellers out there willing to whip up a few designs and show Yamato how this son of a b*tch should be done?

The best thing about this kit is that very differently form the Yamato One it has NICE legs, they are the right size, pretty in each mode and looks more posable too, at least in gerwalk. I think that we can agree that the Yamato legs are ugly.

There is sometyhing weird with the shield and head in fighter and with the torso area in battorid mode but so far is one of the most beauty variable yf-19 I ever saw.

Now, if this design could be upscaled in 1:72, improved and became the new Yamato YF-19 FP...

Actually, after seeing this thing, I have no doubt yamato HAS one, and that they are sitting on it, trying to figure out how to price it.

I wish that was the case but I doubt pricing takes the two years they "sat on it" if indeed that's what theyre up to.

It's mind boggling to me to see why yamato hasn't come up on it's word with this one given it's insane popularity.

If it's vapor ware I don't think it's all that hard to announce that it is. So many people preordered these, and you'd think it's common courtesy to do so.

If it's still alive, where the F*ck is it?

ekk.... I tire myself with this gibberish...

The Liquid stone version looks damn nice for a 1/100. Wish it wasn't a limited release. For a moment thought it was the 19 FP.

ugh.... When will we finally get the 19 in all it's glory? :(

Edited by Nani?!

The best thing about this kit is that very differently form the Yamato One it has NICE legs, they are the right size, pretty in each mode and looks more posable too, at least in gerwalk. I think that we can agree that the Yamato legs are ugly.

There is sometyhing weird with the shield and head in fighter and with the torso area in battorid mode but so far is one of the most beauty variable yf-19 I ever saw.

Now, if this design could be upscaled in 1:72, improved and became the new Yamato YF-19 FP...

I have to agree, nice kit but Battroid is still er... for me. And it has been done in 1/72 with nearly perfect proportions (customized Hasegawa model). I would do a 1:1 trade with a Strike Low Vis 1/48 for this right now (June 2002 Model Graphix):

mgjune02page12.jpg

mgjune02page13.jpg

mgjune02page15.jpg

I think yamato is sitting on their yf-19 for following reasons:

1. I could be wrong, but the FP versions of the 21 and 11 didn't do too well, they don't know how well a new mold will do.

2. they're trying to get the VF-0 sold, and they don't think the market will hold for the VB-6, GBP, the VF-0 and the YF-19.. so they figure they'll sell the newer properties first as well as the sure thing (GBP for 1/48)

3. (pure speculation) yamato is secretly in negotiations to get the mac 7 toy rights, and they're holding off on the yf-19 until they can release it, plus myriad variants.

4. The sculpt requires high quality materials and tight QC, and yamato managment doesn't want to pony up the cash.

The best thing about this kit is that very differently form the Yamato One it has NICE legs, they are the right size, pretty in each mode and looks more posable too, at least in gerwalk.  I think that we can agree that the Yamato legs are ugly.

Now, if  this design could be upscaled in 1:72, improved and became the new Yamato YF-19 FP...

I have to agree, nice kit but Battroid is still er... for me. And it has been done in 1/72 with nearly perfect proportions (customized Hasegawa model). I would do a 1:1 trade with a Strike Low Vis 1/48 for this right now (June 2002 Model Graphix):

[/img]

Here it is my favorite variable yf-19 :D

Thanks for the large pics, there was another customized perfect transformation Hase yf-19 if i'm not wrong, it looks great in fighter and gerwalk but IMO like ass in battroid, do you have some large pics of it? (transformation sequence)

now that i think of it every designer has a diferent concept of the YF-19 transformation sequence and as much as they try they can`t make the 19 look perfect in all three modes because Mr. kawamori did not designed it to be a toy but rather as a fighter design for a show.

unless kawamori does not make another series in wich the 19 is featured with CGI all other attempts will be mere speculation of the variable sequence.

as for me i care mainly about fighter mode, as for battroid i`d rather like to see it as it would be in reality and not as in the show simply beacuse there is way to much magic in how several parts change their proportions, the battroid proportions must always match the proportions of fighter mode.

as for this 1/100 figure that`s the best design yet.

and as for the poor sales of the FP 11 and 21 they should have started with a redesigned 19, in this case yamato should had focused more on the 19 since is the most popular of the three designs and the show`s main mecha.

at least thats what i think about this matter.

I think yamato is sitting on their yf-19 for following reasons:

1. I could be wrong, but the FP versions of the 21 and 11 didn't do too well, they don't know how well a new mold will do.

2. they're trying to get the VF-0 sold, and they don't think the market will hold for the VB-6, GBP, the VF-0 and the YF-19.. so they figure they'll sell the newer properties first as well as the sure thing (GBP for 1/48)

3. (pure speculation) yamato is secretly in negotiations to get the mac 7 toy rights, and they're holding off on the yf-19 until they can release it, plus myriad variants.

4. The sculpt requires high quality materials and tight QC, and yamato managment doesn't want to pony up the cash.

If any of these possibilities raised is something yamato is laboring over then I think these are possible answers to those.

1. Comparing the yf 19 fp to the other two is like comparing Micheal Jordan to his teammates.... sure they're on the same team but Jordan's popularity is unmatched. And so it is with the 19... I can still get an original 21 fp for 70 bucks. The 19 is a whole different story. If yamato is seriously thinking of the "financial risks" involved with the 19fp then they're clearly not in tune with the fans.

2. Again. They're all different valks... They WILL SELL. Especially the 19. And speaking of similarities.... Gosh people here buy the same valk at different prices and sometimes even multiples with the only difference being paint scheme...

A 19fp will not effect the sale of the Zero....

3. Ack.... you're right.... PURE SPECULATION.

4. again... The cash they'll make if they release the 19 fp would have been more than enough. and their QC policy of release now patch later (which resembles more of PC games), and the fact that they had 2 years really doesn't seem to point to that scenario...

I really wish I can guess what the heck is up.... I had a whole "conspiracy theory" as to what yamato was doing with the 19 fp and the Mac+ line but given the time that has passed even since then... I think I'm just going to place my bets that it's vaporware...

Edited by Nani?!

The Yamato version has too long legs in Battroid. It seems also a problem of Bandai VF-19. I think this gimmick would work nice to shorten legs in Battroid mode, but this model appeares to have a swappable crotch. AFAIK no YF-19 toys yet made the crotch transformation right. This 3D version tries but it has a fugly Battroid mode. Overall there are also problems in Fighter mode to keep the profile low since the rear knee and the chest should share the same area. The SHE version uses several gimmicks to make up for this.

I think the YF-19 overall has enough anime magic that it won't never look like the anime, but gimmick over gimmick someone might get a model big enough to work, and maybe even keep the transformation smooth.

FV

If the VF-11 and YF-21 rereleases sold poorly, it was due to their half-assing them. The VF-11 was saved by it's reinforced hips, but the fast packs were too small (a necessity of the transformation scheme they used).

The YF-21 had poor balance, the WRONG COLOR, an unsecure backpack, and huge undercarriage packs. Redesigning the legs to fit in the fuselage for a properly streamlined fighter mode was nice, but the fast packs took that advantage away. I keep it posed in fighter mode without them. Guld was fugly as well.

However, I can't buy off on those two not selling well. Every retailer that has had them has sold out of them. Only HLJ it seems has been able to get some more (after selling out of their initial batches), and still have some in stock.

Edited by Anubis

Are Hasegawa models made to be variable or are these customs?

No, hasegawa models aren't variable, these are custom works.

Honestly. I'd give up most of my 1/48 collection for a set of Macross Plus Hasegawa customs.

They're so damn nice. B))